AGM

Whispering_Jack

Inspirational - but now onto the finances and such (the auditors from Ernst & Young are here) which bore me to tears so I'll switch off till Dean Bailey starts the members information spiel.

Besides which the annual report's on the club website so if you're interested in that stuff it's on melbournefc.com.au!!!

Inspirational - but now onto the finances and such (the auditors from Ernst & Young are here) which bore me to tears so I'll switch off till Dean Bailey starts the members information spiel.

Finance is important!!! were the Ernst & Young peoples smiling and jovial?? B)

Finance is important!!! were the Ernst & Young peoples smiling and jovial?? B)

Auditors are especially wired in such a way that it is impossible for them to smile.

We did make a suitcase load of profit and we're debt free.

A number of accountants did get up to ask questions but I think I passed out during the answers because I have no recollection of the events if the last half hour.

Cameron Schwab delivered another passionate and moving address.

"Watching team develop is like watching your child grow. You'll enjoy watching your team win."

Didn't sound like he was too worried at this stage of the growing Tom Scully Rumours?

Dean Bailey spoke of his aspirations for the team - we're healthier this year, there's competition for spots.

Brendan Prendergast introduced the new players and Chris Connolly spoke about leadership and interviewed members of the leadership group including new skipper Brad Green. We also got some vision of the recruits.

Nothing said to date but there's a question time coming up and I'm sure someone will raise them.

BIngo. Second question.

Cam Schwab said negotiation is not done publicly and that won't change. Expectation is that the group of players will stay together because of the environment we've put together.

BIngo. Second question.

Cam Schwab said negotiation is not done publicly and that won't change. Expectation is that the group of players will stay together because of the environment we've put together.

Thanks WJ that's the best answer we can expect for 2011. Please Pin this thread for future reference.

thing that struck me most was Bailey, I have never heard such confidence from him. We all know his old message was essentially 'we need to be more competitive' now it's 'we WILL win a flag, don't worry about that'

also the new draftees are a huge bunch, I didn't realise Cook was almost the same height as Campbell, big boys

thing that struck me most was Bailey, I have never heard such confidence from him. We all know his old message was essentially 'we need to be more competitive' now it's 'we WILL win a flag, don't worry about that'

also the new draftees are a huge bunch, I didn't realise Cook was almost the same height as Campbell, big boys

it sounds a little cliche i do concede, but this is also Bailey's Break out year, he has had to be very disciplined and patient, moreso than we passionate supporters.

I wasn't at tonight's AGM but i got the same vibe from the Brad Green captain Video Presentation.

I think Dean expects to be right in the mix for this year, maybe not a flag, but not far from it ( and that goes for the next 5-10 years).

He was voted unanimously after his presentation for the coaching position.

Agree totally-I thought Bailley stole the show tonight, spoke brilliantly and answered questions emphatically.Also I came away with even a flair of arrogance ,given his confidence.

Another point re the question regarding Scully -possibly going and Bruce gone-was if they want to leave- go .We can't stand in their way but the CLUB is bigger and better than the individual.Excellent attitude for a developing club.And even he was spruiking about being there the last day in September/or first week in October.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I've been following the club for nearly 40 years and I can't remember such a positive vibe around the club on field or off. When experienced players are leaving because they can see themselves getting pushed to Casey by the talented kids coming through I think you'd have to say we are in a good place.

I've been following the club for nearly 40 years and I can't remember such a positive vibe around the club on field or off. When experienced players are leaving because they can see themselves getting pushed to Casey by the talented kids coming through I think you'd have to say we are in a good place.

this time last year I came home from the AGM more than a little concerned. Schwab and co had laid it on the line exactly how much of a mess we were in. So much has changed in 12 months, and our fightback is a credit to the administration, to Bails, to the players and the supporters.

Whether he can coach or not is still up for debate, but when Bailey spoke tonight it made me want to run through the walls. He didn't rant and rave but was pretty inspirational.

Not a millionth as inspirational as Jim though. He looked unbelievable considering what he's been through.

Whether he can coach or not is still up for debate, but when Bailey spoke tonight it made me want to run through the walls. He didn't rant and rave but was pretty inspirational.

Not a millionth as inspirational as Jim though. He looked unbelievable considering what he's been through.

I love it how he takes those little pauses when he speaks, everyone holds their breath.. as mentioned above it was a little arrogant, not just confident tonight, which I think is fantastic. I think he is a little bit proud of himself as he has achieved exactly what he set out to do up to this point and he knows where it is headed

I liked how he told 'cell that even though he is retiring, he will be out there with us when we bring home the cup, and that the new jumper design isnt big enough to accomodate all the extra stars we will be adding to it

go Bails

''2nd verse of the song will be sung in the rooms after games, hopefully regularly, in the fine old tradition, led undoubtedly by @Beamdogg'' :CamSchwab

very interesting to see them wanting to bring the 2nd verse back

"Oh the team played fine in the year '39..."

Edited by DeezMan

thing that struck me most was Bailey, I have never heard such confidence from him

Indeed.

For those who weren't there, DB was more bullish about our prospects than I've seen him.

I take it now is the time he starts to up the anty with the players.

"Oh the team played fine in the year '39..."

We used to sing that in the old members Bar, in the old Smokers Stand after Matches in the '90s and early 2000's, they were great get togethers after a good game.

in the year 39...love it, reminds me how old this great club is.... B)

Auditors are especially wired in such a way that it is impossible for them to smile.

We did make a suitcase load of profit and we're debt free.

A number of accountants did get up to ask questions but I think I passed out during the answers because I have no recollection of the events if the last half hour.

One of the questions related to the Bentleigh and Leighoak clubs.

The good news was we made about $300,000 from the Leighoak club after struggling in previous years. The Bentleigh club is still a concern. Cam Schwab talked about a possible merger (takeover?) of the Bentleigh club. The current site is not working as it is run down and loses patronage to clubs like the Bentleigh RSL in Centre Rd, however Schwab acknowledged that they club is in a core support area for the MFC. We may require $3-5 million to resolve the issues here. I hope we don't stuff it up like Collingwood did with their hotel deals.