NFL

Dappa Dan

What happened? Haven't heard much about bad calls in either game.

Kaepernick is what he is, I think. Huge arm, ability to run, but can't read defences, makes stupid mistakes over and over again (delays of game, burning timeouts, passing into double/triple coverage, passing the wrong side of a good route) and hasn't shown any - literally, any - development in the time he's been our QB. He's the same QB he was when he started. At his best he wins games (e.g. the divisional round playoff win over Green Bay a couple of years ago where he set the record for QB rushing yards). At his worst, well, see the game against Oakland, or the Seahawks game, or the Broncos game.

So I'm not sure a new coach would make any difference to Kaepernick. Our WRs could use a refresh or two I guess but the talent is still there - an offence with Crabtree, Boldin, Davis, Gore at RB and a pretty strong O-line should be scoring more than we are - 6 of our last 7 games we've scored under 20. It's mainly down to horrendously inconsistent play at QB.

Exactly

The shiny toys are all there. He is big on the bells & whistles but the basic fundamentals are unsound. Don't think he's been helped by some of the play calling & offensive strategy but he has been pretty awful all year - including in several wins.

Jeez - this week's tipping looks bloody hard at first glance

8 quarters and no score against, pretty Hapy it must be said. :)

That is one tough team you have. Im very happy we had you week one and not now. Some of the best special teams plays have been from the Rams this year. I thought your season was going to be a very long one. I'm pretty happy with vikes season all things considered. Are you the same with St. Louis?

What happened? Haven't heard much about bad calls in either game.

We had a touchdown taken off us that would have given us a double digit lead and pretty much ended the game for a terrible penalty against Fasano. Smith threw a pick two plays later. Late in the game we had the ball in FG range and Kelce was ruled by the video official to have fumbled despite the evidence not clearly supporting this. Whatevs. We threw our season away against Oakland. Just sucks to lose one on Monday we should never have lost.

Pittsburgh

Green Bay

Denver

Edited by pantaloons

To be honest we are a different team over the last 6 weeks, our D before that was quite average to poor.

He decision to bring Hill back in at QB has worked well. Mason has become a very handy RB and as always our special teams have been great.

If we finish 8-8 it's better than the last few years, if we win the last two I'll be very happy.

Now we need to know is Bradford the answer or chase another QB.

That is one tough team you have. Im very happy we had you week one and not now. Some of the best special teams plays have been from the Rams this year. I thought your season was going to be a very long one. I'm pretty happy with vikes season all things considered. Are you the same with St. Louis?

• Like 1

SNF looks to be the game of the week but all the TV games have playoff implications ...

Friday

12.30pm Arizona 10/3 at St. Louis 6/7 (ESPN)

Monday

5.00am - 11.30am RedZone (ESPN)

5.00am Houston 7/6 at Indianapolis 9/4 (7mate)

8.25am San Francisco 7/6 at Seattle 9/4 (7mate)

12.30pm Dallas 9/4 at Philadelphia 9/4 (7mate & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30am New Orleans 5/8 at Chicago 5/8 (ESPN)

All the week 15 games & The BS Report

Week 15 'Elo' Ratings & Playoff chances

silver-elo-week-15-table-3.png?w=773&h=7

Edited by Macca

What a terrible game, one of the worst I have watched in a while.

The Cards are now 11/3 which is the best record in the league but they might have to go with Ryan Lindley as their QB.

Lindley's career numbers are zero TD's & 7 interceptions so I suppose he can only get better (maybe)

n.b ... I've added the 'Elo' ratings and match-up lines to the TV games post (above)

Green Bay

Pittsburgh

New Orleans

Who else is excited for some Johnny Football!!!

A couple of fine battles for the Mariota Cup in Jets v Tennessee and surely not even Tampa and Lovie would be so silly as to actually beat Carolina now they are on their backup QB.

Aaron Rodgers is human after all

Or just making sure the game against Detroit decides the division and has that extra edge before the playoffs!

The NFC play off seedings are right up in the air with two weeks to go. Crazy. Green Bay, Philly etc will be wanting the number 1 seed, but at the same time I think they'll be cheering on Arizona next week and just a happy to have Seattle down in the 5 seed.

Aaron Rodgers is human after all

We've opened the door wide open for Seattle to get the 1 seed now

I'm not that surprised we lost today though ... we're just not a very good team on the road but I suppose that could be said about many of the teams in contention.

I can't see the Seahawks losing in Arizona next week and their final game is home against the Rams. If Arizona do win next week they are guaranteed the 1 seed (stand corrected on that one though)

Dallas hold the tiebreak over Seattle but the chances of that factor coming into play is remote.

Playoff Machine

Edit: The Bills have defeated all 4 teams in the NFC North this season.

Edited by Macca

Vikes could've and should've won against Detroit. A missed FG and then a blocked one ended our chances of helping our good friends at Green Bay.

Green Bay losing has the capacity to hurt all the teams in the NFC (including Detroit)

If, as I expect, Seattle get the 1 seed - who is gonna stop 'em? With that team, that home field advantage is the biggest in sports in my opinion. Of course, anything can happen in the lead up and on the day but they're getting hot at the right time. Especially their D.

Green Bay losing has the capacity to hurt all the teams in the NFC (including Detroit)

If, as I expect, Seattle get the 1 seed - who is gonna stop 'em? With that team, that home field advantage is the biggest in sports in my opinion. Of course, anything can happen in the lead up and on the day but they're getting hot at the right time. Especially their D.

The NFC playoff chase is very entertaining. Maybe not so much if your team is in the hunt but for me it's fun. Form and home field advantage for Seattle is scary. I consider your loss at Buffalo a small blip on form but it has some bigger ramifications in terms of seeding and conference titles. It comes down to the last week for Green Bay and Detroit. The week before you are at Tampa whilst they tank and Detroit will be playing Chicago who will be too busy trying to destroy any evidence of Culer's contract and Trestman's existence.

• Like 1

The NFC playoff chase is very entertaining. Maybe not so much if your team is in the hunt but for me it's fun. Form and home field advantage for Seattle is scary. I consider your loss at Buffalo a small blip on form but it has some bigger ramifications in terms of seeding and conference titles. It comes down to the last week for Green Bay and Detroit. The week before you are at Tampa whilst they tank and Detroit will be playing Chicago who will be too busy trying to destroy any evidence of Culer's contract and Trestman's existence.

I've mainly had my eye on Detroit and was happy in the knowledge that we could drop a game so long as we took care of Detroit in week 17 - we'd then win the division ... today's loss didn't really effect the division so much but it has effected the seedings in the NFC. Seattle's destiny is now in it's own hands for the 1 seed. Your Vikes had a real chance to win today but that last blocked field goal really cost your team.

Arizona might slip to wild-card status but they'll probably end up as the 5 seed (where they'd face up to the winner of the NFC South - on the road) Cowboys win but they'll probably have to win their last 2 to win the NFC East ... costly loss for the Eagles but they're by no means out of it. Need to win their last 2 to give themselves a real chance.

Over in the AFC, former Super Bowl champs - the Steelers & Ravens are coming home strong ... New England should get the 1 seed but the Bills may have an outside chance for a wild-card if they defeat the Pats in week 17. To have a chance for the playoffs, KC will have to win @ Pittsburgh next week. In fact, I believe if the Chiefs win out, they'll get a wild-card (the playoff machine is getting a big big workout)

Anyway, zero points allocated in the comp - again! The good news is that all the participants have a chance to win the comp outright ... 1 point on offer in week 16 then 3 big points available in the last week (week 17)

Leaderboard

4 - Dappa Dan

3 - JV7, Go the Biff, Georgiou R. R. Martin

2 - pantaloons, Macca

1 - cowboy_from_hell, Gorgoroth

Week 16 games

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Seems ridiculous the cardinals have lead the NFC all year than could have to travel to play a side with a record below .500, who knows what the falcons or saints could dish up in there home... I think the saints will win the NFC south in the end