NFL

Dappa Dan

Mate who was at Levi's earlier this year said it's all interactive and you can order your food, drinks and merchandise to be delivered to your seat. Typical lazy Americans can't be arsed getting off their bums.

He said that with travel time to and from downtown SF and the game, it was basically a 7-hour round trip for what was a 'home' game. Not surprised 49-er fans are dirty on the location.

Yeah on the stadium app you can you order your food and drink to your seat.. Took me all of half time and 10 minutes into the 3rd to take a leak and get a beer, the lines are ridiculous. But yeah for me it was a 15 min can ride then an hour 15 train ride then another 30 minute train ride one way Edited by JV7
  • Like 1

Possibly the best line-up of TV games I've come across ...

Friday

4.30am Chicago 5/6 at Detroit 7/4 (7mate & ESPN)

8.30am Philadelphia 8/3 at Dallas 8/3 (7mate)

12.30pm Seattle 7/4 at San Francisco 7/4 (7mate)

Monday

5.00am - 11.30am RedZone (ESPN)

5.00am San Diego 7/4 at Baltimore 7/4 (7mate)

8.25am New England 9/2 at Green Bay 8/3 (7mate)

12.30pm Denver 8/3 at Kansas City 7/4 (7mate & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30pm Miami 6/5 at NY Jets 2/9 (ESPN)

All the week 13 games & BS Report

'Elo' ratings and playoff chances

nfl-eloratings-week13-table3-fix.png?w=7

Wowee.... What a game by the Eagles. Romo kept to -0.14... First game in 38 he didn't throw a TD. Eagles won in every phase, in every unit... especially both OL and DL vs their lines.... CBs did a good job. One on ones... Pretty much couldn't ask for more. 2 weeks ago they're in hell in Lambeau... Hellbeau... Now they've announced themselves as a serious team.

• Like 1

Wowee.... What a game by the Eagles. Romo kept to -0.14... First game in 38 he didn't throw a TD. Eagles won in every phase, in every unit... especially both OL and DL vs their lines.... CBs did a good job. One on ones... Pretty much couldn't ask for more. 2 weeks ago they're in hell in Lambeau... Hellbeau... Now they've announced themselves as a serious team.

A very impressive win. Dallas looked shocked and under prepared for your offense. Your defense held up pretty well early on and you score so quickly which puts teams into a panic and they start taking too many risks. Big game next week for you as well.

Eagles, Seahawks & Detroit all looked good ... their opponents just didn't come to play. Could have done with 1 close game but the victors won't be thinking that way.

Line ball on who looked the most impressive ... Eagles or Seattle - the truth is that both were very impressive. The Eagles because they blew the Cowboys off the park (Sanchez had a good game) and the Seahawks because of their fantastic defense (especially Sherman)

Romo & Kaepernick both had games they'd rather forget.

The Lions won as expected with Stafford posting excellent numbers ... Tate has really added to their offense but it's their rushing defense that was the standout feature (again) ... they lead the league in that area.

Eagles, Seahawks & Detroit all looked good ... their opponents just didn't come to play. Could have done with 1 close game but the victors won't be thinking that way.

Line ball on who looked the most impressive ... Eagles or Seattle - the truth is that both were very impressive. The Eagles because they blew the Cowboys off the park (Sanchez had a good game) and the Seahawks because of their fantastic defense (especially Sherman)

Romo & Kaepernick both had games they'd rather forget.

The Lions won as expected with Stafford posting excellent numbers ... Tate has really added to their offense but it's their rushing defense that was the standout feature (again) ... they lead the league in that area.

Chicago didn't even try to run against Detroit. That's a fair complement to their defense. I think San Francisco's record flattered them a little and Seattle smothered them. Kapernick hasn't had much of a season and Sherman owned him. Cannot wait for the pats vs pack game. So much has been made about best buds brady and Rodgers but the pats run the ball pretty well. If you win against the run it should make for a great game.

Chicago didn't even try to run against Detroit. That's a fair complement to their defense. I think San Francisco's record flattered them a little and Seattle smothered them. Kapernick hasn't had much of a season and Sherman owned him. Cannot wait for the pats vs pack game. So much has been made about best buds brady and Rodgers but the pats run the ball pretty well. If you win against the run it should make for a great game.

Yeah, you're right about that ... I had a quick look at the stats but didn't notice the attempts ... I did notice during the game that Forte was not making any sort of impression when he often does make an impression. I guess we can say that Detroits run defense was so intimidating that Chicago didn't even bother :) That's my excuse anyway. The Lions have had a decent year so credit where it's due I reckon.

The Pats @ Packers has all sorts of intriguing match-ups ... our run defense is our weakness and of late, they've been quite strong in that area ... Belichick is the master coach and it's him who I'm concerned about as well. I'm just glad the game is at Lambeau.

I'll take any sort of win.

I'm not sure that the 49ers are done with yet but I feel they're going to have to win their last 4 games - that includes a trip to Seattle. I think a wild-card team in the NFC will need to win 11 games ... 10 wins might get it done but there will need to at least be tie-break advantages involved.

• Like 1

It is still quite possible that Dallas could end up at 8/8 ^_^

By the time they get to their last game (@ Washington) they might be out of the running already ... their next 3 are @ Chicago, @ Eagles and vs Indi. If they lose to the Bears the "meltdown" will be in full swing.

• Like 1

A very impressive win. Dallas looked shocked and under prepared for your offense. Your defense held up pretty well early on and you score so quickly which puts teams into a panic and they start taking too many risks. Big game next week for you as well.

Defense held up well all game, really. Gave up one big play and TD at the start, then a FG after a turnover in second half... Other than that Romo just kept going backwards. Most unusual. No way it'll be that easy in two weeks.

It is still quite possible that Dallas could end up at 8/8 ^_^

By the time they get to their last game (@ Washington) they might be out of the running already ... their next 3 are @ Chicago, @ Eagles and vs Indi. If they lose to the Bears the "meltdown" will be in full swing.

Here's how I see it unfolding, and perhaps how most Eagles people see it unfolding...

They needed to beat Cowboys on their own dungheap because, let's say Eagles lose to Seattle and Cowboys on the rematch. And let's say Cowboys smash Bears, which they should, and beat Eagles as already mentioned. Then you'll find Eagles, a game behind but with better division record. Cowboys will have to beat both Indi and Washington. Eagles will likely beat both Giants and Washington... so it really puts them in box seat. Win against either Seattle or Cowboys and Eagles are pretty much in I reckon.

Here's how I see it unfolding, and perhaps how most Eagles people see it unfolding...

They needed to beat Cowboys on their own dungheap because, let's say Eagles lose to Seattle and Cowboys on the rematch. And let's say Cowboys smash Bears, which they should, and beat Eagles as already mentioned. Then you'll find Eagles, a game behind but with better division record. Cowboys will have to beat both Indi and Washington. Eagles will likely beat both Giants and Washington... so it really puts them in box seat. Win against either Seattle or Cowboys and Eagles are pretty much in I reckon.

From a neutral perspective, I'm not so sure that Dallas will win next week - the Bears are capable and their coach (Trestman) will need to get some wins to keep his job. The match is line ball in my eyes.

As for the Seahawks, their weakness all year has been their passing offense (currently 30th) Stats are stats but in this sport, they really do tell a story. However, I'm worried about them because they're strong in nearly all the other facets of the game ... so, I'm hoping like hell your blokes can knock them off.

If you kick 2 games clear in the NFC East it's then only a matter of the seedings - the division will be yours.

From a neutral perspective, I'm not so sure that Dallas will win next week - the Bears are capable and their coach (Trestman) will need to get some wins to keep his job. The match is line ball in my eyes.

As for the Seahawks, their weakness all year has been their passing offense (currently 30th) Stats are stats but in this sport, they really do tell a story. However, I'm worried about them because they're strong in nearly all the other facets of the game ... so, I'm hoping like hell your blokes can knock them off.

If you kick 2 games clear in the NFC East it's then only a matter of the seedings - the division will be yours.

I watched the Bears last two weeks, and they didn't even look like they wanted to win. There's something wrong in their locker room. I also reckon Dallas will be angry. And we all know what Dez is like when he's angry. I can't see Dallas losing. Doesn't mean I hope you're wrong though. lol

Seahawks will tell everyone a whole lot about both teams. In a season, a teams stats can spike at times. Eagles for example have great defensive games, like against Cowboys and Giants. And the woeful defensive games like against GB. But there are stats that they just don't fail on. Run D is one. They've been more consistent there than in any other stat, pretty much. Now, what's it gonna be like against the best rushing team? Can they slow Lynch down like they did Murray? If they do, will Wilson expose them? If they CAN slow down one, or both, how will the corners do, given Wilson will start pushing how downfield throws? Fascinating. Thanksgiving was just an out and out smash them in the face game. Seahawks though is a playoff preview.

Yeah 2 games clear, at this stage of the season, with the Division record basically already in Eagles' hands.... That would be it.

• Like 1

Loved both the games by Eagles and Seahawks. Seriously punished their opponents for four quarters.

Sherman played a great game and Wilson was on fire.

Sanchez was impressive but their run game I thought was exceptional, really made some big crucial plays and did.

Monday

5.00am - 11.30am RedZone (ESPN)

5.00am San Diego 7/4 at Baltimore 7/4 (7mate)

8.25am New England 9/2 at Green Bay 8/3 (7mate)

12.30pm Denver 8/3 at Kansas City 7/4 (7mate & ESPN)

Tuesday

12.30pm Miami 6/5 at NY Jets 2/9 (ESPN)

All the week 13 games & BS Report

Bill Simmons' column

STEELERS (-4) over Saints
VIKINGS (-2.5) over Panthers
Bengals (-4) over BUCS
Cards (-3) over FALCONS

The Mississippi River is flowing with the blood of the NFC South!!! My god, where do we begin?

Q: ESPN.com finally put its Playoff Machine back up. Do you realize Carolina can win the NFC South with a record of 5-10-1? This isn’t a joke.
—Kass, North Dakota

BS: If the Saints win the NFC South, at least we could halfheartedly talk ourselves into the whole Superdome/Brees/Payton/mega-underdog thing. If the Falcons win it, at least we could talk ourselves into the whole Ryan/Julio/Roddy/Georgia Dome/high-scoring thing, only it would be combined with the compelling possibility of Mike Smith botching one last big game in the final two minutes. But if the Panthers win it? I mean … I don’t even like when the RedZone channel throws it to Carolina for 15 seconds. They’d be the first-ever “Nobody Believes In Us OR Wants To Watch Us” playoff team. I really hope that doesn’t happen.