INT: Rivers, Jones, Scully, Petterd

EMG: Johnson, Bail, Morton

THIS!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be contraversial but is Watts really a walk up start in the 22 right now.

B: Bartram Warnock Rivers

HB: Grimes Frawley Garland

C: Scully Sylvia Davey

HF: Watts Petterd Dunn

F: Green Jurrah Wonaeamirri

R: Jamar Moloney McDonald

Int: Morton Bennell McKenzie Bruce

Em: Bate Trengove Jones

Couldn't justify a 2nd ruck when I know Jamar is capable of rucking without one.

Trengove was a tough omission, but I felt considering what the other players in the side bring to the table, Bennell's pace adds more right now. Not for long.

Apologies to: MacDonald, Bail, Jetta, Cheney

FB: Bartram Frawley Garland

HB: MacDonald Rivers Grimes

HF: Green Watts Bennell

FF: Wonaeamirri Jurrah Petterd

Fol: Jamar Moloney McKenzie

Int: McDonald, Bruce, Trengove, Dunn

E: Johnson, Jones, Bail, Morton

One month ago Rivers, MacDonald, Dunn and Bruce would have been lucky to be in the 22.

Look forward to this game getting harder and harder.

Edited by speed demon

6 weeks ago I would never have thought that I'd be putting Dunn in our best 22 today, but I reckon he's doing enough now to make me put him in. Same goes for Bartram.

I picked it pre-season, in one of the many threads.

Never thought Bartram had a snowball's chance though.

Guest David Brent

FB: Bartram Rivers MacDonald

HB: Davey Frawley Grimes

C: Bennell Scully Watts

HF: Green Dunn Sylvia

FF: Wonna Jamar Jurray

Fol: Johnson Trengove Moloney

Int: McKenzie, Warnock, McDonald, Petterd

Since this is a fully fit best 22, I see no reason to include emergencies.

B: Bartram Warnock Rivers

HB: Grimes Frawley Garland

HF: Watts Petterd Dunn

F: Green Jurrah Wonaeamirri

Int: Morton Bennell McKenzie Bruce

Em: Bate Trengove Jones

Couldn't justify a 2nd ruck when I know Jamar is capable of rucking without one.

Trengove was a tough omission, but I felt considering what the other players in the side bring to the table, Bennell's pace adds more right now. Not for long.

Apologies to: MacDonald, Bail, Jetta, Cheney

i dont see how, at this moment, you could put morton, warnock over jones and macdonald. trengove's injury obviously wouldnt put him in our best 22, but at 100% hes in. Jones has had a far better year than morton. Dunn is up on form and bate is down, so i agree with that section, but i think Mcdoanlad's (joel) form warrants him over Warnock.

anyway am very happy to see everyone has their own side, beause if we didnt, this feed would be very boring.

I'll thought I had made it simple. And understanding what you have quoted has been proven not to one your strong points Stevie. :lol:

I said its line ball and I dont Rivers is a lock in. And Rivers has demonstrated that he is not a great disposer of the ball on a number of occasion.

The FD is entitled to its opinion and judgement as am I. Brave enough to put your own side up or can you just take misguided post shots as usual?

And for the record, both Garland and Bartram have at various times been outstanding in the backline as well as Frawley. But maybe you just me missed that. Ho hum.

Richy,

If we are in fact talking about current best 22 then my quote makes perfect sense.

You are saying Rivers and Garland are on level playing terms, but this is clearly not the case. Otherwise both would be in,

or both would be out. Warnock has been in the reserves for the past couple which therefore proves he is not playing to the same

ability Rivers is.

And for the record, all of Rivers, Macdonald, Grimes and Bruce have at various times been outstanding also. (With Frawley being the most

consistent).

PPS.. I'm sure most here would prefer Rivers kicking to save our lives as opposed to Warnock.

FB: Bartram Garland Rivers

HB: MacDonald Chip Bruce

C : Davey Grimes Morton

HF: Sylvia Dunn Wonna

FF: Jurrah Green Petterd

Fol: Jamar McKenzie Trengove

Int: Moloney Bail Scully Watts

Richy,

If we are in fact talking about current best 22 then my quote makes perfect sense.

You are saying Rivers and Garland are on level playing terms, but this is clearly not the case. Otherwise both would be in,

or both would be out. Warnock has been in the reserves for the past couple which therefore proves he is not playing to the same

ability Rivers is.

Would have thought that the idea of the thread is to express our own opinions of the current best 22, not the 22 that will necessarily play this Sunday. Warnock playing in the reserves (and being BOG each time, FYI) doesn't mean he is playing to a lesser ability than Rivers - it just means that the club thinks Rivers is a better fit in the team.

I'll have a crack.

My fully-fit best 22 (squad of 25) as at end of R18 2010.

B: 32 Bruce, 8 Frawley, 27 Rivers

HB: 10 Morton, 20 Garland, 16 Grimes

C: 12 Sylvia, 23 McDonald ©, 31 Scully

HF: 36 Davey, 4 Watts, 18 Green

F: 15 Petterd, 24 Jurrah, 33 Wonaeamirri

Fol: 40 Jamar, 22 Moloney, 13 McKenzie

Int: 14 Dunn, 9 Trengove, 3 Bartram, 6 Bate

(Emg:- 43 Bennell, 28 MacDonald, 2 Jones)

Warnock, Johnson, Bail, just miss out on the squad. Bate is very lucky to be in the side ahead of the likes of Jones, MacDonald, Bennell etc, but IMO he is clearly best 22 and is just struggling for form atm. He'll bounce back; I've no doubt.

Bennell misses out purely because i have a Wona bias, as well as the good form of Dunn keeping him out.

Forgot anyone?

FB: Grimes Garland Bartram

HB: Rivers Frawley Bruce

C: Davey Moloney Scully

HF: Sylvia Watts Dunn

FF: Green Petterd Jurrah

R: Jamar Trengove Jones

INT: Morton McKenzie Bate Bennell

Couldn't believe I selected Bartram but we lack options in his position and despite his obvious short comings, he has played well this year.

The rest select themselves. I found this exercise to be quite easy.

This is the team I wanted to select:

FB: Grimes Garland Bail

HB: Rivers Frawley Morton

C: Davey Gysberts Scully

HF: Sylvia Watts Tapscott

FF: Green Jurrah Bennell

R: Jamar Trengove Moloney

INT: Petterd Wonaeamirri Gawn Jones

Would have thought that the idea of the thread is to express our own opinions of the current best 22, not the 22 that will necessarily play this Sunday. Warnock playing in the reserves (and being BOG each time, FYI) doesn't mean he is playing to a lesser ability than Rivers - it just means that the club thinks Rivers is a better fit in the team.

Won't the current best 22 be on the field this Sunday?

i dont see how, at this moment, you could put morton, warnock over jones and macdonald. trengove's injury obviously wouldnt put him in our best 22, but at 100% hes in. Jones has had a far better year than morton. Dunn is up on form and bate is down, so i agree with that section, but i think Mcdoanlad's (joel) form warrants him over Warnock.

anyway am very happy to see everyone has their own side, beause if we didnt, this feed would be very boring.

No, I'm judging this as them all being 100% fit. That's why Petterd would make it.

I think MacDonald has done some good things, but I just don't rate him that highly.

Jones has had a better year than Morton, but like Trengove, I omitted him for balance.

Bate was a very tough decision for me.

I picked a best 22 side, not the a list of the current best 22 ranked MFC players.

B: Bartram Frawley Garland

C: Scully Jones Trengove

HF: Sylvia Petterd Davey

FF: Wonaeamirri Green Jurrah

I: Bail McKenzie Bruce Johnson

Em: Bennell Dunn Watts Bate Morton Gysberts

The areas of contention:

-Backline - Warnock v Rivers (Rivers for mine, both let down by poor disposal) and J.Mac is a must.

-Midfield - Too many insiders? - Jones, Moloney, McDonald, McKenzie. Happy to have them all in but the first out would be McDonald with Dunn to come into the team.

-Forward line - Watts??? Definitely showing signs that he will be good but right now I'd leave him out. Possibly competing with Bate for a spot in the forward line.

-Rucks - Need to have a proper backup to Jamar (not Dunn or Sylvia) and PJ has been OK recently

-Peripheral players - Bail, Morton, Bennell, Dunn - Most people have only 1 or at most 2 of these guys and they are all playing similar sort of utility roles at the moment. For mine Bail has been excellent this year and really complements the insider-heavy midfield. I'm not a huge fan of Morton and happy to slot Bennell in if one of the forwards goes down. Bate has potential but needs to rediscover how to take overhead marks.

can't agree with any poster who wants to leave out dunn...

he's done everything asked of him over many years now...

fact is, with our improvement this year, he now has been allowed the luxury of playing in the positions that suit him, that is anywhere forward...

and he and bartram are the ultimate team players IMHO...

regards to all,

rollo

Based on form alone, and no injuries.

Easy

FB: Bartram Frawley Garland

HF: Bail Bate Trengove

FF: Dunn Green Petterd

Fol: Jamar Moloney McKenzie

Int: McDonald, Bruce, Johnson, Bennell

E: Warnock, Cheney, Watts

This is my best team, that I think is available this week.

FB:Bartram Frawley Garland

HB:Bruce Rivers MacDonald

C: Trengove Moloney Scully

HF:Jones Watts Davey

FF:Bennel Green Dunn

Fol:Sylvia Jamar McDonald

Int:Bail Wonna PJ McKenzie

Eme: Warnock Jurrah Maric

No it doesn't. I dont think Rivers is better than Warnock. How simple do I need to make it for you?

ability Rivers is.

Ugh. I did not say that at all.(Misquoting again) Garland is a far better defender than Rivers. And playing in the reserves has nothing to do with ability at all otherwise Trengove and Tapscott are not up to AFL. Brilliant.

And for the record, all of Rivers, Macdonald, Grimes and Bruce have at various times been outstanding also. (With Frawley being the most

consistent).

Just makes your early question about no one being a stand out bar Frawley looks even sillier. Nice try.

Best 22, right now (thread title):

B: Bartram Frawley Garland

HB: Grimes Rivers Macdonald

C: Scully Moloney Bruce

HF: Davey Watts Dunn

F: Green Jurrah Bennell

R: Jamar Sylvia McDonald

Int: Trengove McKenzie Morton Petterd

Emerg: Jones Wonaeamirri Bate

Went for balance as well as best. Changed it around several times. Must be a good thing.

Warnock playing in the reserves (and being BOG each time, FYI) doesn't mean he is playing to a lesser ability than Rivers - it just means that the club thinks Rivers is a better fit in the team.

For several weeks now Rivers has been a better fit.

Warnock has been BOG each time ?

No he hasn't ! He was named first in the best last week and one other time somewhere in the best. Other few times was not named in the best.

No it doesn't. I dont think Rivers is better than Warnock. How simple do I need to make it for you?

Thank god you are not Dean Bailey then.

Ugh. I did not say that at all.(Misquoting again) Garland is a far better defender than Rivers. And playing in the reserves has nothing to do with ability at all otherwise Trengove and Tapscott are not up to AFL. Brilliant.

Beg your pardon. I meant Warnock not Garland and I misinterpreted what you meant by line ball. Excuse me.

Rivers is playing better football than Warnock at the minute and that's all I meant about the ability thing.

Just makes your early question about no one being a stand out bar Frawley looks even sillier. Nice try.

No. All of them have had great quarters and some great games but if you look at it from a whole seasons perspective

then Frawley has clearly been the standout.

P.S. Not meaning to have a dig at you Rich.

I do believe however that Warnock's position may have been overtaken by an improved

Garland and Joel Mac. They seem to be filling the void perfectly at the moment with Rivers

doing his usual thing.

- Frawley taking the big men.

- Bruce playing a defensive run with roll.

- Bartram shutting down the dangerous small superbly.

I reckon it's all in good order atm.

I hate to be contraversial but is Watts really a walk up start in the 22 right now.

Good point. People with Watts in their teams ahead of Dunn are being disingenuous. Dunn is giving us more as of now.

Hardly anyone has a back up ruckman, which is understandable in a sense, but depending on who the opposition is could be a problem. I kind of like the idea that our ideal 22 would alter depending on the opposition. But great to see Bartram in everyone's!

FD stands for Football Department. Basically the coach and everyone else who decides who plays each week.

Thanks Chook. Who the hell else would be making a decision on who plays each week? Always found this to be a bit weird. It's a football club - isn't every dept a "football dept." unless expressed otherwise?