The leaked emblem ...

Reality Bus

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cam Schwab about the emblem via twitter: What I can say is there will be a Demon proudly holding his trident who will brought back to life.

So does that mean the emblem we saw wasnt the final emblem?... We'l have to wait till the end of the footy year to find out B)

Guest Yeats_08

Cam Schwab about the emblem via twitter: What I can say is there will be a Demon proudly holding his trident who will brought back to life.

So does that mean the emblem we saw wasnt the final emblem?... We'l have to wait till the end of the footy year to find out B)

Can you post direct quote...that sentence does not make entire sense, although i see what you are getting at. "trident who will brought back to life

Can you post direct quote...that sentence does not make entire sense, although i see what you are getting at. "trident who will brought back to life

That is the direct quote mate, just jump on the melbourne website its on there.

Guest Yeats_08

Have there been other Demons holding a trident though??

Deezman, do you think before you type? Your last two replies to my posts suggest not. Of course there have been other demons holding tridents. Most do. Perhaps it's the 70's Chinese Demon. However, when I was at the Youth Summit last year, Cam Schwab had us rank 4 emblems in terms of preference, they were these four:

Realise they are very small, but you will see the logo of 1933 there. Also you may note this is taken from the designvic.com website, who were commissioned to do the 150 year Logo. These 4 logos were submitted as our most recognised labels

dees1.bmp

I was hoping for something more hip and modern, similar to the logos Adelaide and Brisbane started using this year.

Edited by DemonSG

Guest Yeats_08

maybe they are having two logos like Geelong?

Geelong Logos

they have a main marketing logo and an on field identity logo

That is what I am beginning to think. As many have stated, the other one (leaked one) will be very hard to reproduce in its current format on apparel. It might be the official AFL logo for TV and other purposes, letterheads, scarf badges etc etc and maybe a second logo will be used in conjunction.

Cam has actually said the demon will be reintroduced, holding his trident, but separately to the emblem.

The connection and reasoning behind each element will be explained in the story, which we won't hear until the official emblem launch.

WHICH WILL BE at the end of the season due to licensing arrangements.

Pretty clear stuff.

Deezman, do you think before you type? Your last two replies to my posts suggest not. Of course there have been other demons holding tridents. Most do.

Calm down. The whole point of the "question" was to suggest that more than one Demon in our variety of logo's has held a trident.

hahaha..was that in response to both?

Don't get me wrong.

I love most of the suggestions put up by many posters on this site and would buy many of their designs should they become club apparel...but those two are horrid.

Just on the alternative jumper situation...

What the bloody hell was wrong with the all red, with the blue M design from a few years ago? I thought that was pretty good! Howcome it changed?

It may be no good with the new GC side being all red... but still.

Just on the alternative jumper situation...

What the bloody hell was wrong with the all red, with the blue M design from a few years ago? I thought that was pretty good! Howcome it changed?

It may be no good with the new GC side being all red... but still.

DD ever since we threw that one up its been ( I believe) the most popular. My personal favourite as well. However its ben deemed we have to have a predominanatly white clash jumper.

Clever allowing a team to have an all red kit huh !! :blink::rolleyes:....and thats probably why we cant have our red away strip!!

Bugger bugger bugger... I don't read the HS any more but while waiting for a coffee this AM I was browsing it and lo and behold the flogs had it in the paper!!! I wanted to wait and see it once it was launched.

PS Looks really good. Keen to hear the story behind it especially the Southern Cross...

Guest Yeats_08

Bugger bugger bugger... I don't read the HS any more but while waiting for a coffee this AM I was browsing it and lo and behold the flogs had it in the paper!!! I wanted to wait and see it once it was launched.

PS Looks really good. Keen to hear the story behind it especially the Southern Cross...

what page Cards?

Well if that is the case, may as well put it up here now.

What is that on your avatar I see Yeats_08... :)

PS. I think we should respect the clubs wishes. Cam Schwab has thanked us for doing so in the meantime.