• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Addam Maric

Rocknroll

As such youre right...but there is a caveat as mentioned by another and thats development. We arent going to play in september. We are building a team and in that process we need to get players playing with each other and on the big stage. Bailey will want to see how various combinations gel and I would be rather surprised if Maric didnt get a few games before the end of this season.

Your right & I think also, that we should have another look at McNamara to give him some development time.

Bail did well & I hope he is kept there for at least 4 matches.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right & I think also, that we should have another look at McNamara to give him some development time.

Don't disagree with this (esp Maric) ................ the problem is that you have to drop someone. Junior , Trenners and (hopefully) Grimes all have to come back over the next few weeks.

Maric has been miles better than Jetta this season. Maric should have played by now.

Disagree entirely.... I don't care how many possesions either players gets, the one that chases and works hard always deserves a game.

Every game this season that I have seen at VFL level Maric has refused to chase, refuse to give the ball off to a team mate in a better position and tried to take the world on to kick miracle goals.

Despite 1 game, this past weekend, he has been sloppy and selfish.

Kid gets by far to much on his name and draft position on this board.... He has not deserved a game. However after last week, he now deserves a game.

He will play some games and he definately should play some games, and lets all hope we get what we want out of him. I don't think any Demon fan wants to see this kid fail. We all want him to be a star.

Edited by Demons 32

Strauss is injured.

Not for the rest of the season though, right? The OP suggested they wanted to see Maric a couple of times before the season is over. In that sense, I'm more worried about Strauss, who is due to play again in a week or two I think.

Not for the rest of the season though, right? The OP suggested they wanted to see Maric a couple of times before the season is over. In that sense, I'm more worried about Strauss, who is due to play again in a week or two I think.

Yep he definitely needs game time...

A bit of a sideways observation I'll admit but I can't help but compare Maric's place in supporters minds to Pettard's not so long ago.

Injury held back Ricky's development whereas it seems that Maric's has been a mixture of injury and work ethic (admittedly I have only come to know of this through this forum.

Glad he's contracted for a while yet, keep a few off his back. I would like to think we have a real sleeper on our hands.

Don't disagree with this (esp Maric) ................ the problem is that you have to drop someone. Junior , Trenners and (hopefully) Grimes all have to come back over the next few weeks.

Yeah, I know. But sometimes at this time of year, some players start going into surgery to get them right before the pre season. There may be some spots become available?

I am so certain that Maric will never make it that I bet with my mate that I'll buy him a trip to Fiji...the kid has no chance. That being said...I hope he proves me wrong

That's a clever bet because the terms are so vague that you could always argue he still hasn't "made it".

I mean, he has already played a handful of AFL games, so beyond that, what constitutes "making it"?

If you qualified it, it's a pretty stupid bet to make.

I am so certain that Maric will never make it that I bet with my mate that I'll buy him a trip to Fiji...the kid has no chance. That being said...I hope he proves me wrong

Welcome to Demonland. We look forward to your expertise in player development and list management. May I encourage you to cast your learned eye over our entire list and make similar ridiculous comments and bets with your mates.

I mean if your so sure about Addem Maric, who at this stage is an unknown quantity, you must be spot on in your qualifications of more seasoned players. Think of the life you could live off the simple bets you place with your mates!

Enlighten us...

PS. 'I hope he proves me wrong' - How do you expect us to believe this statement? Your saying 'I hope I get to buy my mate a holiday to Fiji'? Don't attempt to skirt your statement, your saying he wont make it full stop.

'making it' is a vague term...as are most. It has obviously been clarified between me and my mate. We all know that most players peak between 23 and 26, give or take a year. If a player has cemented a spot over that period and is in the best 22 when fit they have made it. Another good indication is that the club is making positive steps to sign them on for further contracts.

now with all ambiguities removed, based on that understanding, Maric will not have a permanent spot in the team over that period. If he does, and we have to go chill in Fiji as a result, I'm sure it wont be too bad

Welcome to Demonland. We look forward to your expertise in player development and list management. May I encourage you to cast your learned eye over our entire list and make similar ridiculous comments and bets with your mates.

I mean if your so sure about Addem Maric, who at this stage is an unknown quantity, you must be spot on in your qualifications of more seasoned players. Think of the life you could live off the simple bets you place with your mates!

Enlighten us...

The objective of these threads is for us mere observers and fans of the game to give our opinions. The fact that I have left out the qualifying letters 'IMO' or 'IMHO' does not suggest that I claim any expertise when sitting on one side of the fence. I guess for now on when you decide to give an opinion on players, coaches, teams or tactics that they come from claims of expertise and superior knowledge. I would love to hear how in your experienced dissection of threads you have managed to conclude that I am an expert and have the ability to cast an enlightened eye on all players.

Enlighten us...

The objective of these threads is for us mere observers and fans of the game to give our opinions. The fact that I have left out the qualifying letters 'IMO' or 'IMHO' does not suggest that I claim any expertise when sitting on one side of the fence. I guess for now on when you decide to give an opinion on players, coaches, teams or tactics that they come from claims of expertise and superior knowledge. I would love to hear how in your experienced dissection of threads you have managed to conclude that I am an expert and have the ability to cast an enlightened eye on all players.

I had the same opinion of the kid this time last year, i then put the time in to see his Under 18 and junior highlights and i was very impressed, elite foot skills and great goal sense where his main attributes. If he can translate those skills to afl level he will do more than just make it.

I will make the call, this guy will have a very good game today. Expect 18-20 touches at 90% effective and throw in a goal. He will hit Watts lace out on 3 occasions that will result in goals and will set the ball up for Jurrah to take mark off the year.

Be positive this guy can play and I cant wait for the negative posters to get on the Maric Wagon

I will make the call, this guy will have a very good game today. Expect 18-20 touches at 90% effective and throw in a goal. He will hit Watts lace out on 3 occasions that will result in goals and will set the ball up for Jurrah to take mark off the year.

Be positive this guy can play and I cant wait for the negative posters to get on the Maric Wagon

16 touches. One lace out 50m pass to Green (that Green dropped). 1 behind.

Looked like he was adjusting to the increase in pace and work rate of the AFL as he was pretty stuffed by the end of the game (when his turnover off half back was pretty disappointing. But he did lead hard and chase reasonably well.

I'd like to keep him in and get him some more experience at the top level but with Trengove, Moloney and McDonald back soon I don't think we will be able to stick with Maric as well as Bennell and Wona.

Almost no doubt in my mind he'll be dropped next week. Sure, he did some nice things here and there, but there is absolutely no way he is going to hold any of McDonald, Moloney or Trengove out of the team.

The whole "he needs to be given a few games" argument is all well and good, but Maric won't be the unluckiest to miss out on a spot when those 3 players come back.

16 touches. One lace out 50m pass to Green (that Green dropped). 1 behind.

Looked like he was adjusting to the increase in pace and work rate of the AFL as he was pretty stuffed by the end of the game (when his turnover off half back was pretty disappointing. But he did lead hard and chase reasonably well.

I'd like to keep him in and get him some more experience at the top level but with Trengove, Moloney and McDonald back soon I don't think we will be able to stick with Maric as well as Bennell and Wona.

Maric stood out, if he didn;t win the ball, he went back for a second or third crack. Showed plenty.

Test of character for the young kid. He's had to work so hard to get his chance, now let's see what he can do with it!

I think the kid did well with his first game back. Maric was well received by his teammates after we scored on a few occasions, he got himself into scoring assists situations that weren't needed at the time. He's teammates responded well to him.

That says a lot.

I was pleasantly surprised by Addam today - sure he didn't stand out in a pretty brilliant all round mid / forward group, but he did some pretty good things with delivery and chase - deserves another run.