Round 22

Well, the AFL has released the fixture for round 22, and would you believe it, we've been given a crap timeslot again!

Friday August 27

Fremantle v Carlton at Subiaco Oval, 6.40pm (Channel 7)

Saturday August 28

Geelong Cats v West Coast at Skilled Stadium, 1.10pm (Fox Sports)

Hawthorn v Collingwood at the MCG, 2.10pm (Network Ten)

Adelaide Crows v St Kilda at AAMI Stadium, 3.40pm (Fox Sports)

Western Bulldogs v Essendon at Etihad Stadium, 7.10pm (Network Ten)

Brisbane Lions v Sydney Swans at the Gabba 7.10pm (Fox Sports)

Sunday August 29

Richmond v Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium, 2.10pm (Channel 7)

Melbourne v North Melbourne at the MCG, 4.40pm (Fox Sports)

So we pull almost 50,000 to a sunday afternoon game against the bombers and they still won't give us a decent fixture. The old claim that we don't get the good times because we don't get the crowds just won't hold water anymore. What's the excuse now?

So we pull almost 50,000 to a sunday afternoon game against the bombers and they still won't give us a decent fixture. The old claim that we don't get the good times because we don't get the crowds just won't hold water anymore. What's the excuse now?

It's two teams that are unlikely to be playing finals in the last game of the round, what did you expect?

Well, the AFL has released the fixture for round 22, and would you believe it, we've been given a crap timeslot again!

Friday August 27

Fremantle v Carlton at Subiaco Oval, 6.40pm (Channel 7)

Saturday August 28

Geelong Cats v West Coast at Skilled Stadium, 1.10pm (Fox Sports)

Hawthorn v Collingwood at the MCG, 2.10pm (Network Ten)

Adelaide Crows v St Kilda at AAMI Stadium, 3.40pm (Fox Sports)

Western Bulldogs v Essendon at Etihad Stadium, 7.10pm (Network Ten)

Brisbane Lions v Sydney Swans at the Gabba 7.10pm (Fox Sports)

Sunday August 29

Clearly trying to get the likely finals sides games done on saturday. However, would have thought you would play the later game at Etihad which has a roof for poorer weather and also our game will now be played partly under lights, changing the nature of the game during its course.

Gee, I thought they were to bring this out a bit closer to the actual round to accommodate all finals participants?

Two Victorian sides and they get the late one? Wouldn't it be better to have Rich/Port as the late game considering SA are behind anyway?

I will be none too happy if I was North either. A real slap in the face to them as the AFL are pretty much saying they are no chance to play finals this far out. They won't make finals but this misses the point.

I would love to see them make it now and see what the AFL do? Probably still make them play at 4.40 on the Sunday and then play their first final on Friday night! Crazy!

Love seeing Saturday footy with so many fixtures though...just like the old days!

Edited by Demon Jack 16

Oh well. At least it's at the G this time. I'd love to say sayonara to 2010 with a win against a side that mauled us earlier in the year. Just the thing to get a roll on into pre-season for a young side searching for confidence. I'm already pumped about 2011.

I will be none too happy if I was North either. A real slap in the face to them as the AFL are pretty much saying they are no chance to play finals this far out. They won't make finals but this misses the point.

I did the predictor on AFL.com, and somehow I had the Roos making the 8 with 11-11. I'll be stuffed if I know how, but on the off chance that that's a possibility, wouldn't a round 22 game that decided who snatched 8th spot be considered a big game? Maybe not...

Gee, I thought they were to bring this out a bit closer to the actual round to accommodate all finals participants?

I thought this was to come out after Round 17, anyway....

There will be a few eggs on faces if Melbourne and North were to win 6 of their last 7 games of the season.

But it won't happen.

PS. I hope B.Scott doesn't hide any of his young guns in the Rd 22 encounter.

Sunday August 29

Two games on Sunday on two different networks - why not play both of them at 2:10? Unles both Melbourne & Kangaroos are going to be playing for a spot in the eight, I can see another low crowd, especially if the weather is ordinary.

Fully understand the days given to each game. No problems there.

Seems like they've gone with a 2.10 and a 4.40 match to ensure that the games don't overlap, and given that Richmond's form has been scintillating over the last 5 weeks no wonder they got the better timeslot.

Rich v Port is played earlier because Port have to travel. On the off chance they got hot out of nowhere and pushed for finals the consideration of having to travel on the Sunday is what gives them the early timeslot.

Incidentally, what's so bad about the 4:40 Sunday slot??

You can rest assured that if one of the 4 Sunday teams got into 8th they would be given the Sunday arvo finals game in Week 1.

Non-issue.

It is a lousy timeslot - only 37,000 yesterday to two top eight teams at Etihad - so it might hurt our financial bottom line a bit, but it's more of a slap to Norf than us since they reckon they'e still a chance to make it.

But seriously, none of the Fri and Sat games look to be a likely swap. Nothing to see here folks.

Two games on Sunday on two different networks - why not play both of them at 2:10? Unles both Melbourne & Kangaroos are going to be playing for a spot in the eight, I can see another low crowd, especially if the weather is ordinary.

Nail - Hammer - Head

exactly what i was going to say, absolutly no point in playing this @ 4.40..

they happy to play 2 7.10 games on sat nights with 2 different networks, so overlapping isnt an issue.. typical [censored] from afl..

i understand us playing sunday, but 4.40 is taking the [censored]

No issue from me - we haven't deserved a decent time slot for 3 years, and neither has North.

This time next year we will be playing the last round on the Saturday as we will be in the Top 8 (hopefully!), so until we start winning more games, we are at the tail end of the AFL's most favourite teams.

A few of us need to pull heads out of arses and face reality!

I did the predictor on AFL.com, and somehow I had the Roos making the 8 with 11-11. I'll be stuffed if I know how, but on the off chance that that's a possibility, wouldn't a round 22 game that decided who snatched 8th spot be considered a big game? Maybe not...

Off topic - but I tried it today as well. I had North at 8th on 11 wins, and Sydney at 9th on just 8 wins...my tips had them not winning another game.

Off topic - but I tried it today as well. I had North at 8th on 11 wins, and Sydney at 9th on just 8 wins...my tips had them not winning another game.

My ladder:

Geelong 19 0 3 143.1%

St Kilda 18 0 4 128.1%

Collingwood 15 1 6 124.7%

Bulldogs 14 0 8 132.8%

Hawthorn 14 0 8 111.1%

Fremantle 13 0 9 110.4%

Carlton 11 0 11 103.6%

Richmond 11 0 11 87.8%

----------------------------

Sydney 10 0 12 100.8%

North 10 0 12 80.5%

Melbourne 8 1 13 93.4%

Adelaide 8 0 14 93.7%

Port Adelaide 7 0 15 79.9%

Brisbane Lions 6 1 15 82.7%

Essendon 6 1 15 81.5%

West Coast 4 0 18 77.8%

YES, RICHMOND MADE THE FINALS.

(winners in bold)

Geelong v Bulldogs

St Kilda v Collingwood

Hawthorn v Richmond

Fremantle v Carlton

Bulldogs v Hawthorn

Collingwood v Fremantle

Geelong v Collingwood

St Kilda v Hawthorn

Geelong v Hawthorn

Eight and a half wins. Good result.

Makes me think that Sydney v Brisbane should be on Sunday as North and the Swans are about equal and we're more of a chance of making the finals

Edited by eth38

So I'm not alone...

My ladder:

So you're pretty much going on current form, aren't you? Tigers make the finals it might be the story of the year. And they'd NEVER let us forget it.

No issue from me - we haven't deserved a decent time slot for 3 years, and neither has North.

This time next year we will be playing the last round on the Saturday as we will be in the Top 8 (hopefully!), so until we start winning more games, we are at the tail end of the AFL's most favourite teams.

A few of us need to pull heads out of arses and face reality!

mate, nobody in here is arguing the fact that we deserve to be playing on a sunday, that is obvious

the part that a few of us are peeved about, its the 4.40 shithouse timeslot.. can't see a single reason why they cant have it at 2.10 (or even 1.10!).. broadcaster is free, ground is free.. what else do you need for a game?.. i dont care when the other games are played, but there was no need for 4.40

Clearly trying to get the likely finals sides games done on saturday. However, would have thought you would play the later game at Etihad which has a roof for poorer weather and also our game will now be played partly under lights, changing the nature of the game during its course.

I'd rather play at the Gee anytime

My ladder:

Geelong 19 0 3 143.1%

St Kilda 18 0 4 128.1%

Collingwood 15 1 6 124.7%

Bulldogs 14 0 8 132.8%

Hawthorn 14 0 8 111.1%

Fremantle 13 0 9 110.4%

Carlton 11 0 11 103.6%

Richmond 11 0 11 87.8%

----------------------------

Sydney 10 0 12 100.8%

North 10 0 12 80.5%

Melbourne 8 1 13 93.4%

Adelaide 8 0 14 93.7%

Port Adelaide 7 0 15 79.9%

Brisbane Lions 6 1 15 82.7%

Essendon 6 1 15 81.5%

West Coast 4 0 18 77.8%

YES, RICHMOND MADE THE FINALS.

(winners in bold)

Geelong v Bulldogs

St Kilda v Collingwood

Hawthorn v Richmond

Fremantle v Carlton

Bulldogs v Hawthorn

Collingwood v Fremantle

Geelong v Collingwood

St Kilda v Hawthorn

Geelong v Hawthorn

Eight and a half wins. Good result.

Makes me think that Sydney v Brisbane should be on Sunday as North and the Swans are about equal and we're more of a chance of making the finals

Richmond to make finals?? Wow!! 15th with 5 wins but will go 6 from 7 on the run home? Cannot see that and wont be happy if they finish above us. This means that they will beat us in Round 19 wont be happy about that or is that the loss for them? :) What about their games against Pies?, Saints? Carlton?

They wont finish above 12th at best.

At least it's at the 'G.

The best springboard for 2011 will be to give North a drubbing that evening, putting them out of the 8 and showcasing all our talent for next season! Can't wait...

mate, nobody in here is arguing the fact that we deserve to be playing on a sunday, that is obvious

the part that a few of us are peeved about, its the 4.40 shithouse timeslot.. can't see a single reason why they cant have it at 2.10 (or even 1.10!).. broadcaster is free, ground is free.. what else do you need for a game?.. i dont care when the other games are played, but there was no need for 4.40

Nothing wrong with the 4:40 slot. In fact, I think I almost prefer it to 2:10. Frees up more of the day to do more things.

Gee wizz they have given Geelong and Doggies easy endings to the season. [censored] playing Weagles at home on Sat before finals... wow.

Also the dees and kangas screwed on time slot and revenue for us. Low drawing sides potenially not making the 8 on sunday at 4.40 at Etihad. We will struggle to get 20k there.

I hope by some miracle we need to win this to make the 8!!!! :unsure:

Gee wizz they have given Geelong and Doggies easy endings to the season. [censored] playing Weagles at home on Sat before finals... wow.

Also the dees and kangas screwed on time slot and revenue for us. Low drawing sides potenially not making the 8 on sunday at 4.40 at Etihad. We will struggle to get 20k there.

I hope by some miracle we need to win this to make the 8!!!! :unsure:

The match-ups and locations were determined with the rest of the draw at the end of last year. Nobody has been 'handed' an easy or hard last game. The only thing that was left open was the time of each game in order to ensure teams didn't have to return from travel into short weeks prior to finals. Which is precisely what this fixture has achieved.

Oh, and we're at the MCG. Rich v Port is at Etihad at 2:10. That game will struggle to get 15K, whereas there is some chance one of North or Melbourne will be playing for 8th. Our crowd will be fine.