COMMUNICATION NETWORK

jayceebee31

Last year I raised a topic basically criticing the MFC with the way they were communicating.I also was criticised by posters by taking up my criticsm with the club itself.

Since then, with discussions with Cam & others, it has been great lately with fantastic innovations by introducing facebook, twitter etc( competition current to find best 10 twitters and have a meal with our CEO.),and hiring Matt Burgan.Athough Matt is not shown as a staff member yet on the website he has been rivetting.

Since Matt has been on deck ,it has been fantastic to gain readings on injuries, Q&A with players and history chapters- current one on Hassa Mann.And finally Wednesday Whiteboard - I think has been an excellent introduction- great listening every week.Also,several after match features.

Thanks for listening my club and furthermore great to see you take on certain factors and help to keep us informed.

Well done and Congrats---- Go Dees.

And by the way- I very much look forward to Matt's info around and after the Draft.

Well said JC.

No doubt this year has seen a massive improvement in communication from the club. In past years you could go to the site and the same info was there through each day of the week, nothing added until teams and the obvious game previews.

Now there seems to be something new added daily which in turn makes one return each day to see what is new.

Great work

Guest hangon007

And finally Wednesday Whiteboard - I think has been an excellent introduction- great listening every week.Also,several after match features.

Thanks for listening my club and furthermore great to see you take on certain factors and help to keep us informed.

Well done and Congrats---- Go Dees.

I'm with you ... I love listening to Whiteboard Wednesday.

I would love to see it extended to Team Talk Fridays ... maybe with a few morsels on each player, maybe with a slight bias to any players playing their first games.

Great initiative Thank-you

Go Dees

I would love to see it extended to Team Talk Fridays ... maybe with a few morsels on each player, maybe with a slight bias to any players playing their first games.

Go Dees

I think the Team Talk Fridays could only work as Team Talk Thursdays. Alliteration is key.

Well said jcb. You and I don't always see 'eye to eye', but we certainly do on this one!!!

I think the Team Talk Fridays could only work as Team Talk Thursdays. Alliteration is key.

Team Talk TUESDAYS is the only day that would work properly. Alliteration-wise.

It is great to find plenty of good interesting articles on the website. Plenty of variety in the articles too. A bit of nostalgia as well as up to date news with a variety of contributors.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

In the last couple of years the club has come across as so much more proactive and professional than I have ever remembered it being. Kudos to all the people - no matter how big or small the role - that have made this happen.

Go Dees

To save me recommending this to the club - send your idea to: [email protected]

A great idea you have brought up -agree totally.

Go Dees

The club website has Chat with Matt on Thursday with all the team talk - great stuff!

Is there anything better than feeling like the club has listened to you on something, anything at all? :)

Actually, I rate being part of the money raising for Jurrah's Jumper/Mt Theo Youth Program, and more recently for MS support, as about as good as it gets for a footy community.

But being listened to by the club, a fine close second, I'd say.

• 1 month later...

At least we know the MFC is listening with Friday's talk- now on and recognising the excellent article by Dandeeman on Courage.-A COURAGEOUS CLUB...

Edited by jayceebee31

Our exposure in the wider media has also been very good this year.

Great minds do not always think the same- however we all should be able to voice our opinions- without being called an [censored] etc..The mods should manage this better.

I agree with your sentiment - posters should 'play the ball, not the man'.

Report posts if they're not.

Good post JCB. I know you were very critical last year at the communication from the MFC to the fans. An example was changing the training venues at short notice - leaving a few melbourne supporters stuck at a vacant ground at Casey.

The club was very apologetic and have clearly made strong efforts to improve their communication with the rank and file. Sounds like it's all part of Jimmy's grand plan - to create a inclusive community club - a 'clan'.

I saw Hawthorn's pre-game entertainment last week. Getting supporters to have shots at goal and offering prizes. Maybe the club could get some of some of the more famous (or infamous) demonland and demonology members to take part in a goal kicking competition - to 'put their feet where their mouth is'! I'd like to see that.

Well said JC.

No doubt this year has seen a massive improvement in communication from the club. In past years you could go to the site and the same info was there through each day of the week, nothing added until teams and the obvious game previews.

Now there seems to be something new added daily which in turn makes one return each day to see what is new.

Great work

Many here were critical and had the same opinion on here back in 2008, before JCB. I believe last year it improved dramatically and was a stepping stone for further improvement this year.

Any improvements made I believe were also a result of the SUMMIT where many ideas were thrashed around in late 2008. This also snowballed which resulted in a Youth Summit. The ideas back then have solidified into action items and collectively we have seen the gradual improvements in the club being more open.

Well done to the Melbourne members and supporters as a whole as well as Jimmy & CS & Company for coming up with the Summit(s). Because it has been the work of many that has improved communication.

Well done to the Melbourne members and supporters as a whole as well as Jimmy & CS & Company for coming up with the Summit(s). Because it has been the work of many that has improved communication.

Good call HT.

Many here were critical and had the same opinion on here back in 2008, before JCB. I believe last year it improved dramatically and was a stepping stone for further improvement this year.

Any improvements made I believe were also a result of the SUMMIT where many ideas were thrashed around in late 2008. This also snowballed which resulted in a Youth Summit. The ideas back then have solidified into action items and collectively we have seen the gradual improvements in the club being more open.

Talking about the youth summitt in which my daughter attended- nothing further happened-which is quite disappointing.It is the youth of today that the club needs the greatest support to keep building this great club.There is no doubt that in my opinion gaining Matt Burgan has been the main driver in more effective and efficient communication from the club.

Edited by jayceebee31

"Nothing further happened" -- What are/ were you expecting?

If you had been there- my understanding was- a committee was going to be formed to move on. Nothing eventuated. Confirm oe explain, please HT OR OTHERS.

I remember people talking of ideas that came out of the youth summit that have come to fruition.

Unfortunately I couldn't attend so I can't tell you myself, but I'm pretty sure Demon Heartland was one idea that came out.

I remember people talking of ideas that came out of the youth summit that have come to fruition.

Unfortunately I couldn't attend so I can't tell you myself, but I'm pretty sure Demon Heartland was one idea that came out.

thanks for your input- others please respond.

Last year I raised a topic basically criticing the MFC with the way they were communicating.I also was criticised by posters by taking up my criticsm with the club itself.

Since then, with discussions with Cam & others, it has been great lately with fantastic innovations by introducing facebook, twitter etc( competition current to find best 10 twitters and have a meal with our CEO.),and hiring Matt Burgan.

Here is the thread you started last year which outlines your criticism. In it you didn't want to follow the twitter with communication with Schwab.

I see you've changed your view now. Btw, the twitter was already up and happening when you launched this petty tirade against the club.

Great innovation.

Here is your thread from last year: -

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17224&st=0&p=270084&hl=Communication&fromsearch=1entry270084

:)

Here is your reply at the time to Nugget Jones: -

<!--quoteo(post=270106:date=Sep 20 2009, 10:33 AM:name=Nugget Jones)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nugget Jones @ Sep 20 2009, 10:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=270106"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->say something to twitter to him<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It is real sad even an indictment if one has to twitter the CEO.to get information which should be given as a matter of courtesy.That is my opinion. Can cope with yours, but will not be twittering him.However, he claims he reads our website here, may get others off their backsides and react.

Here is your reply at the time to Nugget Jones: -

It just goes to show how much the club has improved. However, we have never, ever got an update on the youth summitt,and at the time an update re the debt demolition was warranted.