Who would you trade for?

MadAsHell

Possible trade targets?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This might be wishful thinking, but keep the pick and hope that Jack Darling manages to get through to us. Dominated the U18 National Championship last season as an under-ager (He booted 14.2 in five games and was Champion Data's top ranked player for the carnival) and was named All-Australian CHF.

GC18 have locked in Swallow at Pick #1, and are looking like taking Harley Bennell and Sam Daye in the top-3... so hopefully Darling can get through to us, so we can get him. He is 190cm and 90kg... which is historically short for the position (and may see him slide), but he will DOMINATE at CHF in the AFL, mark my words! Unbelievable contested mark, loves the hard contest, and has good defensive pressure. This kid is Jonathan Brown 2.0+.

To give you an idea how good he is... look at these stats from a game against South Australia last year:

19 disposals at an efficiency of 88%

9 marks including 7 contested

8 tackles

7 inside 50’s

4 goals and 4 goal assists

308 Champion Data points

Highlights from U18 National Championship 2009 (Western Australia - #28)

Highlights from WAFL Seniors Debut 2009 (West Perth - #31)

Edited by mfcrox

I would be considering the Swans' Jesse White... 196cm and 105kg, powerful hard at it forward with a good pair of hands (from what I have seen of him) and a good boot.

I originally voted Rhys Stanley because I like the look of him, looks a likely player.

However, I completely forgot about White. Watching the Swans game last weekend, he really looked good. Can ruck too which is a bonus. Im with you hardtrack

This might be wishful thinking, but keep the pick and hope that Jack Darling manages to get through to us. Dominated the U18 National Championship last season as an under-ager (He booted 14.2 in five games and was Champion Data's top ranked player for the carnival) and was named All-Australian CHF.

GC18 have locked in Swallow at Pick #1, and are looking like taking Harley Bennell and Sam Daye in the top-3... so hopefully Darling can get through to us, so we can get him. He is 190cm and 90kg... which is historically short for the position (and may see him slide), but he will DOMINATE at CHF in the AFL, mark my words! Unbelievable contested mark, loves the hard contest, and has good defensive pressure. This kid is Jonathan Brown 2.0+.

To give you an idea how good he is... look at these stats from a game against South Australia last year:

19 disposals at an efficiency of 88%

9 marks including 7 contested

8 tackles

7 inside 50’s

4 goals and 4 goal assists

308 Champion Data points

Highlights from U18 National Championship 2009 (Western Australia - #28)

Highlights from WAFL Seniors Debut 2009 (West Perth - #31)

definately agree darling is a gun

i would love to see him in an mfc jumper, only 2 problems are the home town factor could lose him like we did scott thompson

or richmond could take him early

definately agree darling is a gun

i would love to see him in an mfc jumper, only 2 problems are the home town factor could lose him like we did scott thompson

or richmond could take him early

why is everyone so hung up about go home factor ? someone posted recently for every player who goes home there's another 60-70 who don't (or something like that)

i like sam jacobs of Carlton. i don't think he is worth a 1at round draft pick, i vote to keep the 1st round pick. maybe trade 2nd pick for jacobs. carlton already have kreuzer and warnock. at the moment jacobs is keeping warnock out. all the money is for warnock. he is 200cm;100kg and as competitive as jamar. only 10 games to his name and ideal for or window i reckon.

i like sam jacobs of Carlton. i don't think he is worth a 1at round draft pick, i vote to keep the 1st round pick. maybe trade 2nd pick for jacobs. carlton already have kreuzer and warnock. at the moment jacobs is keeping warnock out. all the money is for warnock. he is 200cm;100kg and as competitive as jamar. only 10 games to his name and ideal for or window i reckon.

Jacobs has definitely looked the better prospect of he and R. Warnock this year, and is also keeping Hampson, who has shown promise in the past, out of the team.

Well worth a look, but at what price, i'm not sure. Carlton would certainly be wanting more than we'd be willing to give. Not sure they'd deal him, and almost would be more likely to put Warnock on the table in order to handball his unreasonably large contract to another club.

Edited by Doggo

Well worth a look, but at what price, i'm not sure. Carlton would certainly be wanting more than we'd be willing to give. Not sure they'd deal him, and almost would be more likely to put Warnock on the table in order to handball his unreasonably large contract to another club.

true doggo. the Blues are an absolute pleasure to deal - do you agree ?

i recall they dealt us with pick 11 for a player that wanted to leave our club.who knows, Jacobs could be a 3rd rounder ! thing is they have reasonably good stock as far as ruckmen go. they just have to sort out what they want. I'll give them credit, they have a dtrong list from where they have come from. they have made a heap of ground on the comp.

What about NEAGLE?

A big boy not getting a game at Essendon. Has ability and may love a second home.

Maybe a player plus a second round draft pick for him.

true doggo. the Blues are an absolute pleasure to deal - do you agree ?

i recall they dealt us with pick 11 for a player that wanted to leave our club.who knows, Jacobs could be a 3rd rounder ! thing is they have reasonably good stock as far as ruckmen go. they just have to sort out what they want. I'll give them credit, they have a dtrong list from where they have come from. they have made a heap of ground on the comp.

Sam jacobs - Age: 22yr 2mth, 10 Games, dob - April 10,1988 Hgt: 200cm Wgt: 100kg Pos: Ruck

Edited by dee-luded

What about NEAGLE?

A big boy not getting a game at Essendon. Has ability and may love a second home.

Maybe a player plus a second round draft pick for him.

.....for a player with a really poor work ethic and poor attitude? No thanks.

He would love a 2nd home. He has burnt his bridges at Essendon. Ash35 any thoughts on him?

You cannot be serious in this topic.

Giving up what is likely to be our last high first round pick (even taking into account GC17 picks) for hopefully many years is ludicrous. Short of Ablett it will not be traded. Consider this. Recent Herald Sun article indicated GC17 would have 17 first round picks by the start of next year.

Melbourne will have:

2009 Scully 1 Trengove 2 Gysberts 11

2008 Watts 1 Blease 17

2007 Morton 4 Grimes 14

2006 Frawley

2005 Jones 12

2004 Bate 13 Dunn 15

2003 Sylvia 3 (Haven’t included McLean obviously)

12 first round picks. Add to that list the likelihood that finishing somewhere around 12-14th will add another pick around about 8-12 in this years draft.

That’s 13 first round picks. Wouldn’t be too many other teams with that many.......

Then you look at pre-season / rookie and some second rounders that may be ok too...

Second Round Picks

2009 Tapscott 18 2008 Strauss 19 2007 Maric 21 2006 Petterd 30

Pre Season / Rookie

2009 Macdonald 1 2008 Jurrah 1 2008 McKenzie 1 2007 Martin 3 2007 Wonaeamirri 19 2003 Davey 3

Melbourne has a fair stockpile of high picks in this list and it doesn’t include blokes like Bennell, Rivers, Warnock, Jetta, Jamar, Garland, Bruce, Green, Mcdonald, Moloney, Miller, Bail.

The philosphy for the 2010 draft is simple. Pick the best available big KPP with each of the first two picks. We have a glut of midfielders and medium sized players. Add a couple of stnadout big men and we will be a force.

I'd trade a 3rd round pick for Matthew Kruezer and I'd sweeten it by giving them a package of PJ and Meesen to cover the loss of tall player. What?? Kruezer not available??

Like usual- over generous.

Keep the pick, and keep going with the trend of building via the draft.

I am however interested in farming some 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks off in exchange for a decent player(s). I think the rookie draft becomes very important, so securing some solid players using a combination of later picks might be a good idea. We would then be able promote some of our more talented rookies (because we are not using all of your picks), then load up with youth again via the rookie draft.

This is going to be the murkiest draft in AFL history. By the 2nd and 3rd rounds you are really going to have to be lucky to pluck out a gem. Let clubs in need of a rebuild take these picks. When the dust settles we will pick from the best available youth in the rookie draft. And if the rookies fail, no loss, because we will have topped up via a trade with players that complement our list, as well as a few selections (1st round plus whatever else we keep) and rookies to develop.

Absolutely GoaG, no need to trade the pick for all the points you put.

Who put that list together? there's hardly a player that would warrant trading a first rounder for.

Also, why so high on Vickery? The guy is an absolute dud - Dunn tore him a part when he was in the ruck and the guy just hasn't caught up with the speed of the game. looked a star at TAC level but the guy can't get a hand on the ball.