Blease Injury / Progess

old dee

I may have missed some news on the subject of Blease's health.

Does anyone know were he is at and what is the current problem.

My feeling ( based on very little info ) is tha this year is a wash out.

Should he be sent on holiday till 2011 pre season?

It says on the Melbourne site in the injury list that he is going to be out for 2 weeks and that was last week. So I think he will be out for one more week and he will be back playing.

Finger crossed as I really want to see him play.

It says on the Melbourne site in the injury list that he is going to be out for 2 weeks and that was last week. So I think he will be out for one more week and he will be back playing.

Finger crossed as I really want to see him play.

Thank you but what is actually wrong with him?

I may have missed some news on the subject of Blease's health.

Does anyone know were he is at and what is the current problem.

My feeling ( based on very little info ) is tha this year is a wash out.

Should he be sent on holiday till 2011 pre season?

Hasn't played the last 3 weeks due to soreness in the area of his broken leg....fluid is still in and around the area causing some discomfort for Sam, however this fluid and assosciated soreness should and will reduce with time. he missed previous games for casey earlier in the season where he unluckily picked up a liver infection and subsequently lost 5 kilos.

This year is far from a wash out....I'm sure the trainers and Sam particularly would feel disapointed, if not insulted at that comment. He is giving 110% to currently get himself right again, and especially after seeing his mate and junior football partner, Jordan Gysberts do so well over the last 2 weeks, Sam is commited and still has the fire in his belly for the MFC.

At this stage it is looking like he might play this weekend for casey 2's however if not this week, then hopefully very shortly. With the broken leg he missed almost 18 months of footy and every game he can get under his belt between now and the rest of the season is crucial for his development.

Go Dees!

Hasn't played the last 3 weeks due to soreness in the area of his broken leg....fluid is still in and around the area causing some discomfort for Sam, however this fluid and assosciated soreness should and will reduce with time. he missed previous games for casey earlier in the season where he unluckily picked up a liver infection and subsequently lost 5 kilos.

This year is far from a wash out....I'm sure the trainers and Sam particularly would feel disapointed, if not insulted at that comment. He is giving 110% to currently get himself right again, and especially after seeing his mate and junior football partner, Jordan Gysberts do so well over the last 2 weeks, Sam is commited and still has the fire in his belly for the MFC.

At this stage it is looking like he might play this weekend for casey 2's however if not this week, then hopefully very shortly. With the broken leg he missed almost 18 months of footy and every game he can get under his belt between now and the rest of the season is crucial for his development.

Go Dees!

Edited by Fan
Inappropriate comment

yeah it would hurt, however how many players will line up this week feeling one hundred percent? Sometimes you have to just get out there and play. This is still a hard game played by hard men a little discomfort never hurt anybody. I broke my leg in round 1 last year and was playing by round 17 it hurt like a MF but sometimes you have to do it to believe you can. For what its worth I'm flying this year because I have the confidence in it from last years last few games.

Go Dees!

Thank you for the information. Seems to me ( what would I know! ) that he should kiss 2010 good bye and get ready for pre season training for the 2011 season.

Hope it is not another Nathan Brown ( Richmand ) job he never really came back from that broken leg.

At least Sam has youth on his side.

yeah it would hurt, however how many players will line up this week feeling one hundred percent? Sometimes you have to just get out there and play. This is still a hard game played by hard men a little discomfort never hurt anybody. I broke my leg in round 1 last year and was playing by round 17 it hurt like a MF but sometimes you have to do it to believe you can. For what its worth I'm flying this year because I have the confidence in it from last years last few games.

wow i thought you where joking...

should i even bother with this one?

Future is not looking to good for young Blease, My gut tells me we have wasted a top 20 pick. I honestly don't think the kid will play a senior game for Melbourne. I think if we do re sign him it will be on one year contracts.

Future is not looking to good for young Blease, My gut tells me we have wasted a top 20 pick. I honestly don't think the kid will play a senior game for Melbourne. I think if we do re sign him it will be on one year contracts.

Always a bit of pessimism on Demonland, isn't there...

Maybe a little, Just signs aren't looking good.

Based on what? You've got no idea.

It's all pure speculation.

Edited by Fan
swearing

Maybe a little, Just signs aren't looking good.

Steamin... what signs ? He has 2 weeks next to his name on the injury list, and you're saying he won't play seniors at all in his footy career ??

That is a huge call !

edit: don't mean to slag you off as nonsense steamin, because you have a track record of coming in with the 'mail' now and again, which has been good for the forum. If you have something to back it up, please do. As I have asked, "what signs ?"

Big call with not much proof to back it....

God people talk a lot of [censored] on this site.

Who cares how long blease is out for. We only need Blease to be fit in 2 or 3 years time when we are in our premiership window. Between now and then i don't really care how many games he misses. He needed to bulk up anyway.

Stupid comment mate! He will be given time to get his leg right as he's a great talent with a heap of up side. He was drafted young so he has a heap of time on his hands.

Based on what? You've got no idea.

It's all pure speculation.

Of course I'm speculating, Based on what ? Based on the kid broke his leg in Jan/Feb 09 and and is STILL having problems in June 2010.

Just a month ago he was hobbling around the boundry line at Casey. I was at training after the Port game and Blease did nothing but handballs with Max Gawn.

So Enforcer25, I have as much of an idea as you mate. I was purely posting my opinion and I truly believe this highly rated kid will miss his chance because of a school yard mishap. I hope like hell I am wrong and this kid carves up the 'G' for the next 10 years.

Steamin... what signs ? He has 2 weeks next to his name on the injury list, and you're saying he won't play seniors at all in his footy career ??

That is a huge call !

edit: don't mean to slag you off as nonsense steamin, because you have a track record of coming in with the 'mail' now and again, which has been good for the forum. If you have something to back it up, please do. As I have asked, "what signs ?"

I know your not slagging me HT, but I think the signs for Blease have been quite obvious.

1. Hobbling around after a half at Casey ressies

2. Minimal preseason this year

3. Training at the Junction oval 2 weeks ago could only do stationary handball drills.

4. Reported swelling in the leg.

These are not real good signs I'd say, I tend to believe he will be hard pressed to crack a game at Melbourne.

I know your not slagging me HT, but I think the signs for Blease have been quite obvious.

3. Training at the Junction oval 2 weeks ago could only do stationary handball drills.

These are not real good signs I'd say, I tend to believe he will be hard pressed to crack a game at Melbourne.

Strong points you raise. Getting over his injury has taken time and disappointment.However, this young man is very good if he can recover.I would prefer him not to play again this year and try to get him right for next year-if indeed that is what the medicos suggest.However, if they can get him up for the 2's and he regains some confidence- then a great pre season is what he requires.

Then back to my opening comment

"My feeling ( based on very little info ) is that this year is a wash out.

Should he be sent on holiday till 2011 pre season? "

Or perhaps that is actually what is happening and the club just wants to keep the kids spirits up!

Any way thanks for the info Guys.

Does anyone actually know what the situation is with Meeson?

He has been "Indefinite" on the injured list for 12 months?

"Strong points?" hahaha that is laughable!

All of those points are consistent with any player suffering almost any leg injury, and you are ready to write of his career!

There is no accounting for intelligence.

Who cares how long blease is out for. We only need Blease to be fit in 2 or 3 years time when we are in our premiership window. Between now and then i don't really care how many games he misses. He needed to bulk up anyway.

As expected. No idea. :rolleyes:

Of course I'm speculating, Based on what ? Based on the kid broke his leg in Jan/Feb 09 and and is STILL having problems in June 2010.

Is the current complication linked to the broken leg or is this linkage speculation in absence of fact and the current injury is something different.

Either way its a setback for the kid.

How you could possibly think that missing 2 years of footy now is not important? Beggars belief.