• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ricky Petterd

WonnaJurah

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he'd be insane to go to GC. Same with anyone else who gets sucked in. The club is going to be a basketcase in the first few years. The Powers That Be are dreaming if they think the massive concessions in draft and salary cap will produce anything but a pack of spoiled ego driven brats. It's Fremantle all over again.

Guest 45 double agent

hey guys,i went and watched casey play 3weeks ago when Bate was playing, there was 2 listed players there to watch the game, frawley and pettard, those seem to be good mates, sometimes money not everything, i reckon pettard likes playing withe demons and wont leave.

He wouldn't be on GCs radar and by the time he might be they will have their full quota of forwards.

GC can have anyone (willing) they want. No disrespect to Petterd but he would be well down that list. The fact that he comes from Gold Coast (if that's even correct)is a seperate issue all together. GC have to recruit best available and the players town of birth has absolutely nothing to do with that at all!

I think he'd be insane to go to GC. Same with anyone else who gets sucked in. The club is going to be a basketcase in the first few years. The Powers That Be are dreaming if they think the massive concessions in draft and salary cap will produce anything but a pack of spoiled ego driven brats. It's Fremantle all over again.

At least Freo only got Phil Gilbert

I reckon the fact that he was really badly hurt with his kidney (??) injury and how well it was handled by the melbourne team might mean something to.

But in all ghonesty, that was his best game for us and there have not been many great ones from him, he needs to do that week in week out!

I like him though.

I'm not putting anything down to loyalty or how we've treated him over the years. Players have left teams in the past even after being treated by royalty. As long as the $$$ are right, he will go. But I doubt the GC will offer him much more than we do. They'll be throwing their money at Ablett and saving for the likes of Riewoldt (however you spell it).

We must sign him up!

I reckon the fact that he was really badly hurt with his kidney (??) injury and how well it was handled by the melbourne team might mean something to.

But in all ghonesty, that was his best game for us and there have not been many great ones from him, he needs to do that week in week out!

I like him though.

id doubt he would leave considering the melbournefc saved his life a couple of years ago!

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I'm not putting anything down to loyalty or how we've treated him over the years. Players have left teams in the past even after being treated by royalty. As long as the $$$ are right, he will go. But I doubt the GC will offer him much more than we do. They'll be throwing their money at Ablett and saving for the likes of Riewoldt (however you spell it).

We must sign him up!

Rooey signed a 3 year deal last year but I get your point. There are better players out there that you would chase first.

I like him though.

It was a punctured lung.

I doubt goldcoast will take him, but if they do id be very upset.

I went to all pre season games in Victoria and in all of the he looked like our only dangerous forward. Ricky.P is fast becoming a favorite of mine :)

He's going nowhere. Noone sticks through the hard times and splits when it all turns good. Just doesn't make sense. Money isn't everything and he still has many years left. Many look over friendships forged at clubs and this is a huge factor in people staying. Money is often a secondary thought- more an icing on the cake kind of thing

I can't believe people are saying that Ricky would not be a target for the GC. He is EXACTLY the type of player they will be seeking out.

Do people think the GC are going to pull 16 champions? They might get one, but more likely they will be picking up good average players and highly rated younger players like Ricky.

Ricky is only 21, he is young enough to really be hitting his straps when the plethora of draft picks at the Gold Coast are beginning to peak.

The go-home factor and the fact the GC will be able to offer an above value pay packet keep me worried.

I will be feel much better when we get ink from Ricky and Jamar who is also out of contract and would be another perfect target for the GC.

I can't believe people are saying that Ricky would not be a target for the GC. He is EXACTLY the type of player they will be seeking out.

Do people think the GC are going to pull 16 champions? They might get one, but more likely they will be picking up good average players and highly rated younger players like Ricky.

Ricky is only 21, he is young enough to really be hitting his straps when the plethora of draft picks at the Gold Coast are beginning to peak.

The go-home factor and the fact the GC will be able to offer an above value pay packet keep me worried.

I will be feel much better when we get ink from Ricky and Jamar who is also out of contract and would be another perfect target for the GC.

I agree, I agree and I couldn't agree more. This post is spot on !!

I feel GC would have a list of wants, I feel these lists of wants would include EVERYONE and ANYONE who has proved they are up to the AFL standard of play- this list would rank from most wanted to least and the broadness of the net cast out by GC would be so big that by that fact alone, Ricky would be somewhere near the bottom. Not saying Ricky has no skills, just saying in terms of exposure and what else is out there Ricky would be low on the list. Add to that fact that Ricky hasn't hit his straps yet- well GC wouldn't wan't to wait on anymore potential talent to come to fuition; they want to hire N.Reidwolt yesterday!

And the GC location factor is nought. They are a football club not a family reunion/disney picture happy ending dream machine. Players play where they damn well are selected and not chosen because they will be geographicaly closer to mummy and daddy.

Pretty confident we will keep Ricky. I think if he can maintain consistency, I am expecting a call up to the leadership group next year. He has a great bond with all players, especially those his age and younger.

I'm not saying that because of 1 game - he was playing very well early days before that injury, and think he took the next step last year in games. Looks like he can possibly take another step this year.

Besides, why would he want to go anywhere else??!!!

His only key weakness at the moment is his kicking to team-mates. I find this strange given the sales pitch we were given upon his drafting. We were told that he played a quarter back style role where he set up play with his accurate field kicking. Nevertheless, his one on one skills are great whether it be in the air or on the ground. He provides good 'frontal pressure' and is a reliable set shot at goal. Oh and he's a solid citizen who seems to rise to the occasion when the game is up for grabs. At his age you're looking for regular improvement and he seems a little bit better every game. If he can stand up like he did on Saturday in an undersized and inexperienced forwardline, he's going to be very dangerous when Watts comes of age and Sylvia, Morton and Jurrah return. There's going to be mobile targets all over the place! I agree that he is the perfect GC target but have a feeling he's very happy at the club.