Not Satisfied with Respectability?

rpfc

I have read nothing but teeth gnashing and hand wringing and a desire with the Demons to gain Respectability © for a week (and summer), and yet when they play a game like they did on Saturday a few of you what to bathe in your self-righteousness and move the goalposts for our beloved club.

Not satisfied with the game because they didn't get the win over a top 4 team coming off a win over a top 4 team.

I will have that attitude when we play a top 4 team in 2012, but to say that, coming off two wooden spoons with a young (and getting younger) team, is misguided and disengenuous.

You have to crawl before you can walk, and that game yesterday was a massive step in the progress of our team.

Yesterday, we got to our feet for the first time and fell over, and many of you said to this emotional toddler - "I'm dissapointed in you. You made the effort to stand up and you didn't walk. I'm not satisfied with that and neither should you be."

Talk about anal...

I have read nothing but teeth gnashing and hand wringing and a desire with the Demons to gain Respectability © for a week (and summer), and yet when they play a game like they did on Saturday a few of you what to bathe in your self-righteousness and move the goalposts for our beloved club.

Not satisfied with the game because they didn't get the win over a top 4 team coming off a win over a top 4 team.

I will have that attitude when we play a top 4 team in 2012, but to say that, coming off two wooden spoons with a young (and getting younger) team, is misguided and disengenuous.

You have to crawl before you can walk, and that game yesterday was a massive step in the progress of our team.

Yesterday, we got to our feet for the first time and fell over, and many of you said to this emotional toddler - "I'm dissapointed in you. You made the effort to stand up and you didn't walk. I'm not satisfied with that and neither should you be."

Talk about anal...

I want to see the whole club play like that next week-then we know the standard within the group has been set.

If we get thumped next week then that progress is questioned-Tough i know, but you saw how much those guys wanted to win-They have to do it & soon.

Consistency is the next step but I don't expect the next step the very next week.

Brent Moloney has become a valuable leader on the field and consistent player by 'lowering his eyes', I suggest some of our fans do the same...

Consistency is the next step but I don't expect the next step the very next week.

Brent Moloney has become a valuable leader on the field and consistent player by 'lowering his eyes', I suggest some of our fans do the same...

With the same attitude we can beat Adelaide next week, right now they are 7 goals down at AAMi.

At least after yesterday the boys know they can play-next week its all about whether the team is switched on upstairs.

Maloney was Great yesterday.

Edited by why you little

Melbourne went close to winning yesterday and that's really good but we didn't and that's really bad. I'm sure the players didn't walk away from that game happy that they went so close, I bet they were seething, I would be disappointed in them if they weren't.

Near enough is just not good enough for this team, that's if they want to break the 46 years of indifference we have gone through.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

The highs and lows of football bring out strong emotions in otherwise normal people. For myself I was so happy to see the boys play 4 Q's of good hard footy. If they can give me that ten times this season I will be a very happy camper as I will be sure we are moving in the right direction rather than just suspecting it as I do at the moment.

Talk about anal...

There are other sites for that. :blink:

Some of the sheer over reaction on this site after last week against Hawthorn has

made me fair dinkum want to 'Spew Up'. The pontification around this site has been extraordinary

people turning on players coaching staff reading threads I could of sworn I had gone to hell and

was baracking for Richmond. Love passion for the red and blue but going about posturing and demanding the sacking

of coaches and players is a lame duck excuse for a supporter. Thank god smarter more realistic people are actually in charge.

Time for people to pull there heads in take a reality check and actually understand were we are at.

Hopefully the seed of sanity will grow 6-8 wins has been the consensus for the MFC for sometime on this site.

This is a building and development year.

With the same attitude we can beat Adelaide next week, right now they are 7 goals down at AAMi.

At least after yesterday the boys know they can play-next week its all about whether the team is switched on upstairs.

Maloney was Great yesterday.

THE test is whether they can deliver. You watch, 90% of the pundits next week will tip us. The challenge will be to deliver in that environment. Even when we werev a top four side we struggled with that. We need to not get carried away.....

Melbourne went close to winning yesterday and that's really good but we didn't and that's really bad. I'm sure the players didn't walk away from that game happy that they went so close, I bet they were seething, I would be disappointed in them if they weren't.

Near enough is just not good enough for this team, that's if they want to break the 46 years of indifference we have gone through.

I saw Trengove a few hours after the match and he was distraught.

Couldn't even force a wry smile.

Good signs.

THE test is whether they can deliver. You watch, 90% of the pundits next week will tip us. The challenge will be to deliver in that environment. Even when we werev a top four side we struggled with that. We need to not get carried away.....

Dead right Mate. Losing a game like that is worse than being thrashed. All that work for nothing.

Next week they must have the mind set to play even better.

And i love it if DB & Jack Trengove were devastated, it means they love the club already.

I was devastated too, but i tell you what that is the quietest i have EVER heard a Filth crowd post match. They were stunned. B)

I'm not sure all the pundits WILL pick us.

I actually think we'll lose, but admirably.

Adelaide are a very good side playing below their ability and won't lose 3 on the trot.

Losing a game like that is worse than being thrashed.

You would have to be kidding after the embarrassment dished up against Hawthorn. If they cant take away some real benefits from Saturdays game then they may as well pull up stumps.

And i love it if DB & Jack Trengove were devastated, it means they love the club already.

Their devastation would be about working so hard for something and missing it by a whisker. I feel for all the players they deserved a better outcome.

... but i tell you what that is the quietest i have EVER heard a Filth crowd post match. They were stunned. B)

Bollocks...the sensse of relief that they had not been beaten was palpable. They played poorly and still got away with the 4 points. They were all overjoyed all around the Northern Stand. If I was them I would have been rapt too to get out of jail like that.

You would have to be kidding after the embarrassment dished up against Hawthorn. If they cant take away some real benefits from Saturdays game then they may as well pull up stumps.

Their devastation would be about working so hard for something and missing it by a whisker. I feel for all the players they deserved a better outcome.

Bollocks...the sensse of relief that they had not been beaten was palpable. They played poorly and still got away with the 4 points. They were all overjoyed all around the Northern Stand. If I was them I would have been rapt too to get out of jail like that.

You just have to disagree don't you RR- it's automatic!!

If a team is being thrashed, yes it crap but it is all over at half time-everybody just wants it to be over-Losing like yesterday is gut wrenching. I'm not saying it wasn't a top effort-far from it, thats what makes it worse.

Filth supporters may have been going nuts where you were but they were eerily quiet coming out of the MCC reserve, i'n not talking about the suits either.

They were speecless.

Some of you missed my point, and some of you are childish...

I am trying to say that the MFC made a big step on Saturday; playing a very good team and matching them, or beating them, in all areas of the game, and we should applaud and welcome that step, and look forward to the next one - consistency.

Just not next week.

I'm not giving them an out for putting in a shocker next week but I am saying that the inference that all their good work on Saturday would mean nothing unless they show the same next Sunday is disengenuous.

The Demons right now are younger than they were in 2008 and 2009; we still need patience.

Because the next 'Hawthorn debacle' is right around the corner...

I'm not so sure we will necessaily see another debacle, to that extent. Much might be due to "opening night" nerves. But I will agree with the OP that

1) we took a positive step

2) the need for consistency

3) that won't happen overnight

Team and coach to be applauded for the weeks work ... Now for next week ... and the next