HF: James McDonald, Matthew Bate, Ricky Petterd

F: Tom Scully, Brad Green, Jack Trengove

Foll: Mark Jamar, Jordie McKenzie, Brent Moloney

I/C: James Strauss, Jake Spencer, Michael Newton, Rohan Bail

Emg: Clint Bartram, Jordan Gysberts, Brad Miller

In: Newton, Bail

Out: Brad Miller, Jared Rivers (knee)

Edit: Ooops, delete away.

Edit: Oops again, that thread I saw is for last year's teams. So keep this one.

Newton in. We've stooped that low. Sad. Miller's career is over it seems.

Rivers out hurts, though some will disagree.

Edited by titan_uranus

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MELBOURNE

B: Jamie Bennell, Matthew Warnock, Lynden Dunn

HB: Jack Grimes, James Frawley, Joel Macdonald

C: Aaron Davey, Cameron Bruce, Nathan Jones

In: Newton, Bail

Out: Brad Miller, Jared Rivers (knee)

COLLINGWOOD

B: Alan Toovey, Ben Reid, Tarkyn Lockyer

HB: Harry O’Brien, Nick Maxwell, Heath Shaw

C: Luke Ball, Dane Swan, Ben Johnson

HF: Josh Fraser, John Anthony, Alan Didak

F: Paul Medhurst, Travis Cloke, Leon Davis

Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas

I/C: Leigh Brown, Shane O'Bree, Steele Sidebottom, Sharrod Wellingham

Emg: Dayne Beams, Chris Dawes, Brent Macaffer

In: Reid

Out: Simon Prestigiacomo (quad)

Edited by Spirit of Barassi

Has a bit of a feel of deckchairs on the Titanic to it really. They're both reasonable ins though.

Disappointed that Sylvia's not back yet, and hoped we'd find someone better than Dunn, but looking at that emergencies list, it'd seem we're pretty close to the bottom of the barrell anyway.

Not that they will line up like that, but I like the look of a Scully Green Trengove full forward line.

The Collingwood defenders would much preferred to have seen the name Miller up there let me tell you.

Hope the young boys and Greeny run amok!

Edited by Spirit of Barassi

Newton has to be given his chance. No Presti will at least make that slightly easier. Miller had to be dropped. Rivers had no clear match up this week so Bail for an injured Rivers is not a bad inclusion. To make changes you have to have players to bring in and unfortunately Sylvia not being judged fit probably restricted what we could do.

We certainly are scraping the barrel here arent we?

Interestingly from the MFC story Newton had 29 possies and 4 goals last week, so good luck to him, he's earnt the callup from hard work.

The article also states which 3 players are actually on our long term injury list to allow the now 3 rookies to play:

"and joins fellow rookies Jake Spencer and Jordie McKenzie on the senior list in place of injured trio Max Gawn, Luke Tapscott and Liam Jurrah"

Newton has to be given his chance. No Presti will at least make that slightly easier. Miller had to be dropped. Rivers had no clear match up this week so Bail for an injured Rivers is not a bad inclusion. To make changes you have to have players to bring in and unfortunately Sylvia not being judged fit probably restricted what we could do.

Whilst I'm not against bringing Bail in, I see more upside to McNamara, and I think he would have been a good selection.

I disagree re: Rivers. If he has no clear match-up he could play loose, a tactic Bailey usually employs.

Edited by titan_uranus

I don't want to say I told you so (well, I guess I do).

I'm certain they just make that up to have something to say on the night.

I wouldn't go that far.

Last week they put Spencer and Mckenzie in - before they were promoted. I seriously doubt they just made that up. But yes, I refer to my posts last week where I originally said they seemed made up.

Doesnt explain Spencer though

Let's be honest, there's not a lot of competition in the ruck department at the moment. Stefan Martin has been tried there, and he just isn't a ruckman. We have no one else.

Not that I'm saying Spencer is much better, but maybe we're giving Spencer his opportunity whilst he's on the senior list.

Whilst I'm not against bringing Bail in, I see more upside to McNamara, and I think he would have been a good selection.

I disagree re: Rivers. If he has no clear match-up he could play loose, a tactic Bailey usually employs.

I dont think you can afford a loose defender against a forwardline of Medhurst, Didak and Davis. I would also like to see Tmac but dont believe he has the leg speed to play on one of these three which he would be required to do.

Not that they will line up like that, but I like the look of a Scully Green Trengove full forward line.

If we can get it in there, and Scully and Trengove play forward, at least they will show intensity and defensive pressure.

Just got to get it in there. :mellow:

I dont think you can afford a loose defender against a forwardline of Medhurst, Didak and Davis. I would also like to see Tmac but dont believe he has the leg speed to play on one of these three which he would be required to do.

I'd like to see McNamara up forward. Though losing Rivers means we have to bring in a defender, or at least put someone else into defence. But TMac I reckon could be a decent half-forward.

Agree that McNamara would be too slow for any of those three. It's going to be a tough job for Bail.

looking at that emergencies list, it'd seem we're pretty close to the bottom of the barrell anyway.

I don't know, great to see Gysberts get a mention there. Would be good to get a Casey report (practise match tonight I believe) ... Watts, Blease, Garland, Gysberts etc.

B

Melbourne

B: Jamie Bennell, Matthew Warnock, Lynden Dunn

HB: Jack Grimes, James Frawley, Joel Macdonald

C: Aaron Davey, Cameron Bruce, Nathan Jones

I think it will only be round 5 that we start to play our best 22.

From this team compared to round 5 I would include...

In: Rivers, Garland, Sylvia, Wonaeamirri, Watts

Our: Dunn, Newton, Bail, ?, ?

I'd like to see Strauss, McKenzie, Jetta, Blease, Gysberts, Cheney and Bail all play at least 10 games each this season, though they will obviously be in and out of the team.

Then, obviously bring back Jurrah and Morton into the team when they are finnally fit

I also haven't completely given up on Martin and Maric. I haven't written them off as duds just yet