• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

MFC Administration: I dont care what his terms are. Sign Jurrah up NOW!!!!

red&blue&true

Liam Jurrah, The Warlpiri Wizard, the freak that burst onto the scene for us last year and excited us all with his naturual football ability must be signed up immediately.

Make no mistake, this guy will get sounded out by the GC, his cousin has already signed with them, and his XFactor, Highlight show is exactly what the GC and AFL would want to showcase the game to a non caring football territory like the Gold Coast, probably only Nic Natanui/Buddy would be more sought after as a long term prospect for a start up club.

Not since the OX pre knee injuries in 1994 has a player for Melbourne looked like being in the category beyond elite, and with the compensation formula from the AFL being based on where they were taken in the draft and player salary we would probably get something like a 5th rounder in compensation if they lured him up there.

Richmond losing a Cotchin, WC a Natanui or even us a Watts would be devestating to the clubs but they would probably get a first round pick in a future draft to compensate, (see the article in todays HUN) with LJ that wont be the case as we uncovered him in the rookie draft and as a 2nd year player is probably on a base salary, we would get squat.

There is no flexibility in this formula.

So please, Cameron Schwab, Chris Connolly, sign this bloke up tomorrow, for 3-4 years cos once he plies his trade this year in the seniors after his first full pre-season he will be in the top 5 targets for the Coast and his cost will go higher by the week.

For the sake of us all, Get to it!

Edited by red&blue&true

Liam Jurrah, The Warlpiri Wizard, the freak that burst onto the scene for us last year and excited us all with his naturual football ability must be signed up immediately.

Make no mistake, this guy will get sounded out by the GC, his cousin has already signed with them, and his XFactor, Highlight show is exactly what the GC and AFL would want to showcase the game to a non caring football territory like the Gold Coast, probably only Nic Natanui would be more sought after as a long term prospect for a start up club.

Not since the OX pre knee injuries in 1994 has a player for Melbourne looked like being in the category beyond elite, and with the compensation formula from the AFL being based on where they were taken in the draft and player salary we would probably get something like a 5th rounder in compensation if they lured him up there.

Richmond losing a Cotchin, WC a Natanui or even us a Watts would be devestating to the clubs but they would probably get a first round pick in a future draft to compensate, (see the article in todays HUN) with LJ that wont be the case as we uncovered him in the rookie draft and as a 2nd year player is probably on a base salary, we would get squat.

There is no flexibility in this formula.

So please, Cameron Schwab, Chris Connolly, sign this bloke up tomorrow, for 3-4 years cos once he plies his trade this year in the seniors after his first full pre-season he will be in the top 5 targets for the Coast and his cost will go higher by the week.

For the sake of us all, Get to it!

:D

Chill out mate. Jurrah's good, but he's not the second best after Buddy. Yes the formula would be weighted against us... but that doesn't mean he's the number one for us to re-sign. We all love him, but he's only one man.

Chill out mate. Jurrah's good, but he's not the second best after Buddy. Yes the formula would be weighted against us... but that doesn't mean he's the number one for us to re-sign. We all love him, but he's only one man.

Ill chill when hes signed :lol:

Until then ill be very nervous, moreso with every good performance he puts in.

Sticking to his 09 Averages at 22 games this yar, he will kick over 50 goals, thats assuming he doesnt improve one bit thanks to having a pre-season... We all know how important preparation is, see Sylvia last year compared to his previous years.

If he steps it up, and doesnt get injured he could kick 70+ goals, he'd be a huge target, not Buddy level, but not far behind, now im not saying that i think LJ is itching to leave us or anything but ill be alot happier when hes signed. :unsure:

If Buddy goes the Hawks will get a top 5 pick compensation, if Jurrah goes we get next to nothing :wacko:

Edited by red&blue&true

Liam Jurrah is made of something a little diferent to many a young man. Here's a man steeped in lore and responsibility and the recognition of not just his own community but his adopted one. He if respected wil return it in kind. barring the unthinkable he will remain a one club player despite any oter clubs advances.

Liam would be the first to tell you all signigs and rewards are to be earnt. He'll put it in..we'll keep him signed.

I read somewhere recently (may have been the HUN) that he wants to repay the MFC for all the hard work and faith they have put into him, he went onto too say he wanted to be a 10 year player with the MFC. I don't know the guy at all but he comes across that his word means more than a signiture on a contract. Having said all that i would be very happy to see him sign a three year deal so the new clubs can keep there stinkin money for other players from other clubs.

Jurrah's not going to leave. None of them are. It is still respected to be a one club player, espcially when you play for a powerhouse like we are about to become.

Edited by Roost It

Liam Jurrah is made of something a little diferent to many a young man. Here's a man steeped in lore and responsibility and the recognition of not just his own community but his adopted one. He if respected wil return it in kind. barring the unthinkable he will remain a one club player despite any oter clubs advances.

Liam would be the first to tell you all signigs and rewards are to be earnt. He'll put it in..we'll keep him signed.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/next-big-think-liam-jurrah/story-e6frf9jf-1225830255628

"I would love to stay for 10 years, play and win more games for Melbourne," he said.

here's hoping

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/next-big-think-liam-jurrah/story-e6frf9jf-1225830255628

"I would love to stay for 10 years, play and win more games for Melbourne," he said.

here's hoping

Cheers thats the one

Jurrah won't be going anywhere. He has got Flash and the other boys down here. Does anyone really think that he is the kind of guy who would leave for more money? No way.

If the Gold Coast are going to target someone from the Demons it would be Frawley.

Dappa-Happy birthday for next Wednesday. Furthermore after he kicks 6 this Sunday,Red, Blue & True, will be Red, Blue & True ---and CORRECT.

Liam comes across to me as a person with a lot of perspective in life as well as being a true athlete/footballer. The more I hear about him the more he comes across as a people person. Shy to start with but genuine towards the people he knows. Given the efforts by MFC and his links to many of the Industrial Magpies I think this would be a strong part of who he is as a person. From that POV I doubt he would go to GC.

Jurrah won't be going anywhere. He has got Flash and the other boys down here. Does anyone really think that he is the kind of guy who would leave for more money? No way.

If the Gold Coast are going to target someone from the Demons it would be Frawley.

Oh no... That old chestnut.

The Davey connection is given WAY more airtime than it should. Do you think the white kids in the side don't form lifelong friendships? Do you think we're the only club in the AFL with 3-6 "brothers?" The tie is there, but it's no different from the friendships formed by every other player on AFL lists. They're subject to the same fallouts, and like every player, they have their price. I reckon it's fair to say that LJ may believe he owes MFC something for giving him a chance, and he may well stay true to his words. And good on him. But geez, believing that because he's indigenous and has indigenous mates he's not going anywhere... that's just rubbish.

Dappa-Happy birthday for next Wednesday. Furthermore after he kicks 6 this Sunday,Red, Blue & True, will be Red, Blue & True ---and CORRECT.

Cheers for the well-wishes.

And no. He won't be correct.

Well, the general gist will be right. Losing him for practically nothing would be a disaster. But he could kick 80+ this year, win the coleman and the Brownlow and the Norm Smith and it still won't make him the second highest player next to Buddy as of 18/02/10. But that's being pedantic.

R&B&T's point is well made despite the overstating. What we'd get for LJ, compared to what we'd get for just about any other name on the list, makes him the most important to sign up before the new sides get into us.

No he won't.

Liam Jurrah could kick 22 goals on sunday and it still wouldn't make him correct.

In fact, I'd say LJ is in the group of 10 least important to re-sign to a contract extension right now.

I firmly believe that money is not an issue for him beyond being able to care for his family.

He's the type of guy I'd expect to take and use only what he needs and pour the rest into his community.

as I said earlier...hes cut from a diferent cloth !! many more things for this club to concern itself with before we need to worry over Liam coming or going...for if he is to go..it will only be home. And I think his community would be a little disappointed then.

He'll be fine...

Ill chill when hes signed :lol:

Until then ill be very nervous, moreso with every good performance he puts in.

Sticking to his 09 Averages at 22 games this yar, he will kick over 50 goals, thats assuming he doesnt improve one bit thanks to having a pre-season... We all know how important preparation is, see Sylvia last year compared to his previous years.

If he steps it up, and doesnt get injured he could kick 70+ goals, he'd be a huge target, not Buddy level, but not far behind, now im not saying that i think LJ is itching to leave us or anything but ill be alot happier when hes signed. :unsure:

If Buddy goes the Hawks will get a top 5 pick compensation, if Jurrah goes we get next to nothing :wacko:

I notice in the HS today that if someone like ablett or buddy left, best you get is pick 26, after the first round due to the restrictions placed by the concessions given to the gold coast and west syd. You can apparently hang on to the pick and use it later on, but if wanting to use the pick now, you dont really get much!

lets all imagine a bridge

lets all look to the horizon... and imagine that bridge is beyond it.

lets worry about it at some possible juncture...should it ever loom , which I doubt !!

Oh no... That old chestnut.

The Davey connection is given WAY more airtime than it should. Do you think the white kids in the side don't form lifelong friendships? Do you think we're the only club in the AFL with 3-6 "brothers?" The tie is there, but it's no different from the friendships formed by every other player on AFL lists. They're subject to the same fallouts, and like every player, they have their price. I reckon it's fair to say that LJ may believe he owes MFC something for giving him a chance, and he may well stay true to his words. And good on him. But geez, believing that because he's indigenous and has indigenous mates he's not going anywhere... that's just rubbish.

It's not rubbish. I believe that the friendships that he has formed with the other indigenous boys as well as the other players would be enough for him not to pack up and leave to a brand new club.

No, we are not the only club with 3-6 "brothers", and if he had joined another team instead of the demons then I have no doubt that the friendships he would have formed with the players there would prevent him from moving to the gold coast too.

I notice in the HS today that if someone like ablett or buddy left, best you get is pick 26, after the first round due to the restrictions placed by the concessions given to the gold coast and west syd. You can apparently hang on to the pick and use it later on, but if wanting to use the pick now, you dont really get much!

To be honest, even if you can hold onto it and later get a number 1 pick for Ablett, its still not enough.

What WCE got for Judd was just about right.

lets all imagine a bridge

lets all look to the horizon... and imagine that bridge is beyond it.

lets worry about it at some possible juncture...should it ever loom , which I doubt !!

I see the bridge, and its under construction, when finished players will cross that bridge and be at the Gold Coast.

Or, we can blow the bridge up today, tomorrow, next week by signing the players we simply cant afford to lose.

We may not get everyone, but we should be doing our best to manipulate it so that if we do lose a required player, we get compensated, the whole point of this thread is that if the required player we lose is Jurrah... We get nothing :wacko: