Hate to say I told you so

Yze_Magic

RE: Yze_Magic

It's not a personal attack..and if you're so sure of your stance why did you delete your own post?

Seriously, is there any other Melbourne supporter who thinks that after a 'grand total of 3 AFL games' that Jack Watts is a lost cause?? That he'll never reach the standards of Naitanui, a bloke who couldn't hit a target by foot 30 metres away if his life depended on it??

Edited by Fan

I am not sure what the bigger news is here. Nik-Nats emergence, or the return of YM!

Nik-Nat is looking good, but he is 10 months older than Jack and is far more advanced with his body. Nik-Nat can already bench 135kgs, Jack would be lucky to bench a violet crumble.

It is looking like the dees have got this one wrong, but we have to give Jack a good go before we write him up as a bust. I still think Watts is going to be a very good footballer, and with his football IQ could have a much longer and more successful career than Nik-Nat. In their 30s, the freak athleticism fades, and the football brain is all that is left. I would back Jack there!

Le us revisit this is 18 months.

Until then I am very much looking forward to seeing Watts (and Nik-Nat) play, and YM posting his "magic brand" back on demonland.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

This is a pretty funny thread. I find it amazing that Y_M can unerringly pick the best available talent in the country and still not be employed as a recruiter for an AFL club. An obvious failure in the system I must assume.

Edited by Rojik of the Arctic

I think its quite funny that the title of this post - 'i hate to say I told you so'

Do we really believe that YM hates to say he told us so?

YM hates telling us he is supposedly right? Hmmm not sure about that one!

Certainly nothing wrong with making a prediction and backing yourself in but YM it is way too early to be making any calls.

All you are really doing is annoying people with your lack of logic. Everyone on this board knows it takes time and has been said so a million times.

So YM let it rest and time will judge you and your claim as the number 1 would be recruiter in the universe.

I could go on with plenty more about why someone needs to get on here and make a statement like that but why waste my time.

I hope this is the last time I feel compelled to add my two cents on rubbish like this during the year....

Sadly I dont think i will be able to help myself...

How annoying really....

Go Watts Go Dees!!

It's like the 1984 NBA Draft & a team passing up on drafting Michael Jordan.

For clarification, 2 teams passed on Jordan, this first selected a future hall of famer and top 5 center of all time, the 2nd drafted a bust but they already had a multiple all star at his position, so they had Jordans position filled for the next 10+ years.

Not to nit pick but....

RE: Yze_Magic

It's not a personal attack..and if you're so sure of your stance why did you delete your own post?

Seriously, is there any other Melbourne supporter who thinks that after a 'grand total of 3 AFL games' that Jack Watts is a lost cause?? That he'll never reach the standards of Naitanui, a bloke who couldn't hit a target by foot 30 metres away if his life depended on it??

If you're that braindead, if that's your opinion, then you should go and follow Collingwood..

Firstly welcome back YM. You make great sense. I think Natanui has the makings of a star. With what we have seen of JW-who knows. However, MFC had the choice in the 2008 draft -to pick a ruckman- Natanui or a tall forward- JW.

In 2009 they made up by picking two promising talls- Gawn & Fitzpatrick,whom I believe will be or have the makings of stardom themselves..No doubt Natanui has it on the board and all others still have to produce.It really is up to them and the MFC to develop them.

2008 national draft, and the Demons have the first crack at all available junior talent.

One kid stands head and shoulders above the rest in terms of pure ability, athleticism and potential. Its obvious that this kid has the capacity to wreak havoc on opposition sides like no player before him.

And for the record, that player is not Jack Watts.

Huge blunder by the MFC recruiting staff, and now the fans must suffer for the next decade.

Naitanuui, Scully, Trengove, Grimes.... the greatest starting centre set up in the history of the game. Multiple flags guaranteed through midfield dominance taken to a new level.

Too bad it can only be a dream.

Here we go again...

Now, NikNat had an alright game. However, he still can't kick (note the goal from right in front where his first attempt was all but an airswing), he struggles to pick up the ball from the ground or mark it when it's kicked to him and he can't ruck to save himself (I could be nice and say he broke even against Bellchambers, that noted exponent of ruckwork). The hype over this supposed "breakout game" last night is more to do with who he is than what he did. Had any other young player performed like this we'd be questioning whether it was enough to try that hard when his skills are so lacking.

I am happy to say that he's improving and had what was, for him, a good game last night. However the rave reviews and dire predictions about the pain we'll suffer for not drafting him are at best premature and more accurately outright nonsense. As always, wait 5-10 years and we'll see whether he is worth the hype.

OK, a number of posters have had their warning bar increased as a result of inappropriate posts and a number of posts have been deleted or amended.

From what I can see in this thread YM has merely made a football comment and has received in reply a bunch of inappropriate responses. If you don't like what he says debate the issue, don't make personal comments.

I refer you to the pinned thread on the moderation guidelines. Repeat offenders will be banned very quickly.

The rules are very simple people, stick to football and don't post personal attacks. It's your choice - if you want to personally attack someone you'll be penalized. Remember - if you've got a problem report it, don't attack another poster.

Thanks

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19129

OK, a number of posters have had their warning bar increased as a result of inappropriate posts and a number of posts have been deleted or amended.

From what I can see in this thread YM has merely made a football comment and has received in reply a bunch of inappropriate responses. If you don't like what he says debate the issue, don't make personal comments.

I refer you to the pinned thread on the moderation guidelines. Repeat offenders will be banned very quickly.

The rules are very simple people, stick to football and don't post personal attacks. It's your choice - if you want to personally attack someone you'll be penalized. Remember - if you've got a problem report it, don't attack another poster.

Thanks

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19129

Fan, with all due respect, YM has a very long history of being a s stirrer. His post is utter garbage. Do we really need this guy here? I understand that forums are for everyone and I will not personally attack the guy as I know he probably doesn't mean half the bs he posts and just wants reactions, but fair dinkum, they just get worse and worse. YM, why can't you just post normal stuff like everyone else. Why do you have to sensationalize things? Why can't you just pose a question... "did we pick up the right player... discuss". Instead you make outlandish assertions based on little fact. Of course people will respond. The fact that Fan and other mods have to waste their time deleting or editing posts in response to a person who, whilst clearly passionate about the dees, has made it his mission in life to put a downer on other people's perspective on their beloved team is just getting stupid. I'm really getting fed up. I really have never, ever had any beef with anyone on this site and have never gotten into any heated debates. I don't want to now. I just think that this site is not for posts like YM's.

Fan, with all due respect, YM has a very long history of being a s stirrer. His post is utter garbage. Do we really need this guy here? I understand that forums are for everyone and I will not personally attack the guy as I know he probably doesn't mean half the bs he posts and just wants reactions, but fair dinkum, they just get worse and worse. YM, why can't you just post normal stuff like everyone else. Why do you have to sensationalize things? Why can't you just pose a question... "did we pick up the right player... discuss". Instead you make outlandish assertions based on little fact. Of course people will respond. The fact that Fan and other mods have to waste their time deleting or editing posts in response to a person who, whilst clearly passionate about the dees, has made it his mission in life to put a downer on other people's perspective on their beloved team is just getting stupid. I'm really getting fed up. I really have never, ever had any beef with anyone on this site and have never gotten into any heated debates. I don't want to now. I just think that this site is not for posts like YM's.

Look at the response?

Probley the most ineteresting thread on here for ages.

Look the answer to this whole thread is very simple...

Read carefully...Until Jack Watts puts some Runs on the board YM's thread has Merit-Like it or not.

Nik Nats performance on Friday night was extraodinary, not just very good.

And until similar results are seen at Melbourne the Questions will be asked, and not just by me.

Like i said in another thread-I hope Jack watched that performance on friday night and got inspired.

2008 national draft, and the Demons have the first crack at all available junior talent.

One kid stands head and shoulders above the rest in terms of pure ability, athleticism and potential. Its obvious that this kid has the capacity to wreak havoc on opposition sides like no player before him.

Huge blunder by the MFC recruiting staff, and now the fans must suffer for the next decade.

Naitanuui, Scully, Trengove, Grimes.... the greatest starting centre set up in the history of the game. Multiple flags guaranteed through midfield dominance taken to a new level.

Only time will tell.

This thread is entitled "I hate to say I told you so." YM, I don't think you are being really honest with yourself here. I think you absolutely love to say "I told you so." In fact, you are wallowing in it.

I think you could be right YM although I'm not writing off Watts yet....

There will always be comparision but people forget that NikNat was a better prospect that Kruzer and will be a champion Ruck... I think Melbourne need a champion fwd which may have given Watts the edge..

Rather than people bagging NikNat sit back and enjoy he will be a great player and lets (fingers cross) hope that we have a player who will be no.1 on Mike Sheehan top 50 whilst Niknat is number 2 or the other way around it doesn't matter (maybe trengove will have somthing to say about it)...

Niknat will be a champion and has shown it already, last year and again this year. Imagine if we had a ruckman who kicked four goals and dominated the ruck and had eight tackles we would be going crazy (although the russian had five he didn't dominate the ruck or the tackles)

Watts isn't a bust he will get there but NikNat is alrady there its that simple... In other threads many have stated that Trengove is easily in our top ten players and he just debut same goes for NicNat he is a top line player for West Coast and people knew that when they drafted him, we had the choice so lets back the MFC football department.

EVERYONE FORGETS IF WE HADN'T BEATEN WESTERN IN 2006 HE WOULD BE ON OUR LIST AS WELL... glad the club wasn't as stupid last year

Basing the future brilliance of 4 players who have played a total of 22 games above any midfield that has played in over 100 years ?

Its a prediction that cant be proven wrong simply because Naitanui may stay an Eagle

IMO its a TROLL post