What if

Roost It

What if everything were to go right?

What if Garland, Maric, Wonaeamirri, Blease, Strauss and Jamar all had an injury free year and came into the side and had an impact?

What if the elders in Junior, Bruce, Green, Moloney and Davey all stood up and led from the front?

What if Watts developed faster than expected?

What if Jurrah, Bate, Sylvia, Petterd, Miller became a functioning forward line?

What if one of Scully or Trengove took a big step ala Daniel Rich?

What if Morton, Jones, Grimes and Frawley took another big step in their development?

What if Bennell and Jetta, with full preseasons took another step?

What if all these things happened?

I'll tell you what, we'll be playing finals in 2010!

(I'm bored by the off season :o )

just like what happened at Hawthorn in 2008-everything went right.

it is possible....as the old Steve Winwood song says....."If you see a chance take it" i like that song-i play it when i am overseas on holidays and get homesick.

Makes me fire up and keep enjoying being out of my comfort zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS513FRfbwE

Edited by why you little

What if Garland, Maric, Wonaeamirri, Blease, Strauss and Jamar all had an injury free year and came into the side and had an impact?

What if the elders in Junior, Bruce, Green, Moloney and Davey all stood up and led from the front?

What if Jurrah, Bate, Sylvia, Petterd, Miller became a functioning forward line?

What if Morton, Jones, Grimes and Frawley took another big step in their development?

What if we played so well before our time, we climbed the ladder faster than expected & missed picking up some more talented players over the next couple of years, as we climbed too quick got to 5th place in 2012 then peetered out not quite there.

A microwaved roast may be quicker, but give me the slow oven cooked delicacy every time.

What if you won the $30 million tattslotto

What if peace spontaneously broke out across the world.

What if a fat lady sat on your sunglasses at the beach. While you were still wearing them.

OMG, I'm excited....what if ?????... bring on the footy NOW !!!! :wub:

What if we played so well before our time, we climbed the ladder faster than expected & missed picking up some more talented players over the next couple of years, as we climbed too quick got to 5th place in 2012 then peetered out not quite there.

A microwaved roast may be quicker, but give me the slow oven cooked delicacy every time.

OK - now it's official. MFC should measures its success on getting the highest draft picks each year.

Do you want to rebuild a football club or the pyramids!

Is 46 years not long enough for you? For f#@%&s sake we have the raw material now to start a new dynasty. Don't think like your psuedenum dee-luded, we have suffered for too long. The time for playing the system stops now. It was a unique timing opportunity we had to take and it has served its purpose well. NOW its time to start behaving like a successful football club and if the price we have to pay for a premiership is to play some finals in 2012, then I for one am prepared to pay that insufferable price. ;)

OK - now it's official. MFC should measures its success on getting the highest draft picks each year.

Do you want to rebuild a football club or the pyramids!

Is 46 years not long enough for you? For f#@%&s sake we have the raw material now to start a new dynasty. Don't think like your psuedenum dee-luded, we have suffered for too long. The time for playing the system stops now. It was a unique timing opportunity we had to take and it has served its purpose well. NOW its time to start behaving like a successful football club and if the price we have to pay for a premiership is to play some finals in 2012, then I for one am prepared to pay that insufferable price. ;)

I didn't say highest draft picks, that is not what i'm saying at all.

there's a saying, you have to learn to crawl before you walk. Very important to learn all the lessons along the way to becoming a well rounded successfull being,

In a baby, its first efforts at crawling are one sided then the opposite side, right arm & leg move together then the opposite side takes its turn. After some time the baby will progress to the next stage of cross crawling, right arm together with left leg, then the opposite sides take turn.

These processes are incredibly important in the development of the coordination learning in the babies brain. Put the infant in a upright suspended chair & miss out on the important processes.

-

we will progress on a plotted course, there's no point artificially rushing it, because at the end of the day, if we rise to quick but are brittle, (crystal is brittle by the way) & not talented enough, then its all wasted.

cricket: Watson got his ton today, more patient this time, & he got it.

Edited by dee-luded

I didn't say highest draft picks, that is not what i'm saying at all.

there's a saying, you have to learn to crawl before you walk. Very important to learn all the lessons along the way to becoming a well rounded successfull being,

In a baby, its first efforts at crawling are one sided then the opposite side, right arm & leg move together then the opposite side takes its turn. After some time the baby will progress to the next stage of cross crawling, right arm together with left leg, then the opposite sides take turn.

These processes are incredibly important in the development of the coordination learning in the babies brain. Put the infant in a upright suspended chair & miss out on the important processes.

-

we will progress on a plotted course, there's no point artificially rushing it, because at the end of the day, if we rise to quick but are brittle, (crystal is brittle by the way) & not talented enough, then its all wasted.

cricket: Watson got his ton today, more patient this time, & he got it.

QUOTE (dee-luded @ Dec 29 2009, 08:41 PM)

Forgive me for thinking you wanted more high draft picks because it certainly reads that way! You can't artificially get success with youth which is what we have got. If we had recruiting a bunch of ready made good ordinary players I would agree because you can get short term medium success at a high price eg a sudden drop down the ladder. I think MFC has proven it gives time to those that need it but gives valuable experience to those they (as the experts) deem physically ready. Scully, Trengove and Tapscott appear to be ready to play a lot of football in 2010 but that is the clubs call. The others (especially the giants) will take, and be given, longer. Are you telling me Essendon regrets the success of the baby bombers in the 90's and Hawthorn should return their 2008 flag to give their youngsters more time?

Other points:

1. A baby spends less than a year crawling before it walks and we have crawled too much in the past. Also 46 years of gestation is long enough thanks.

2. Crystal may be brittle but it is a thing of beauty :rolleyes:

3. .......and I had take away chicken tonight and it was DEElicious ;)

Edited by Crystal Dees

Forgive me for thinking you wanted more high draft picks because it certainly reads that way! You can't artificially get success with youth which is what we have got. If we had recruiting a bunch of ready made good ordinary players I would agree because you can get short term medium success at a high price eg a sudden drop down the ladder. I think MFC has proven it gives time to those that need it but gives valuable experience to those they (as the experts) deem physically ready. Scully, Trengove and Tapscott appear to be ready to play a lot of football in 2010 but that is the clubs call. The others (especially the giants) will take, and be given, longer. Are you telling me Essendon regrets the success of the baby bombers in the 90's and Hawthorn should return their 2008 flag to give their youngsters more time?

Other points:

1. A baby spends less than a year crawling before it walks and we have crawled too much in the past. Also 46 years of gestation is long enough thanks.

This baby is only born - Nov 2007. I've been waiting since '56. Had no one to take me to Melbourne games. saw John Nicholls flatten Len Thompson. Saw Carlton a few times.

Your right but not on a footy field.

can't comment, don't eat chicken. but I think you get my analogy.

....we'll still pick up top line players as we climb the ladder, to put the finishing touches to this list, over the next 5 years, to get to top 2 or 3.

Edited by dee-luded

A "classic rpfc patronising, condescending, and mean comment" to many in this thread.

Boy, that's a time saver.

Apparently you're better than that.

Edited by 45HG16

As an old bugger I can remember talking to John Northey at the family day in 1986. We were at the MCG huddling under a tree as it was pouring rain at the time. He was fending off questions from all the people equally caught under that big tree.[bless it]

One of the questions asked was where would we finish next year, 1987? Guess what, he didnt say third, he talked about finishing further up the ladder. We had alot of young players and we were off, a great ride that didnt go all the way, nearly, an injury to Gary and a bit of luck, who knows?

What I am trying to say is, it is possible, has been done before.

We know about Scully and Trentgove what they could do or be, but I believe that the clubs dynamics, the way we play the game, not good or bad, but the style will hinge on Gown and Tapscott. They add an X factor to the club, rest Gown in the forward line and watch the defenders cringe. I am not saying they will set the heavens alight in their first game but it makes the DEES a much more potent outfit. Can you imagine the small forwards licking their lips around Gown in the forward line.

ONE TEAM ONE TOWN ONE WIN EVERY WEEK

Edited by 52k2

I'm going to go against the grain, results are almost meaningless next year. I have no expectations (apart from not finishing bottom two). Next year is about getting our kids to start playing football together. Frawley, Garland, Morton, Grimes, Maric, Wonaeamirri, Watts, Blease, Strauss, Bennell, Jetta, Scully, Trengove, Gyberts, Tapscott, Gawn, Fitzpatrick.

If the majority of these kids develop together and they reach the potential that we believe they're capable of then success will follow.

Make no mistake though, the hard work starts now. Building a team is one thing, but developing it is something else entirely.

I'm going to go against the grain, results are almost meaningless next year. I have no expectations (apart from not finishing bottom two). Next year is about getting our kids to start playing football together. Frawley, Garland, Morton, Grimes, Maric, Wonaeamirri, Watts, Blease, Strauss, Bennell, Jetta, Scully, Trengove, Gyberts, Tapscott, Gawn, Fitzpatrick.

If the majority of these kids develop together and they reach the potential that we believe they're capable of then success will follow.

Make no mistake though, the hard work starts now. Building a team is one thing, but developing it is something else entirely.

Yeah, I have to agree - this is a thread for 2011 or 2012.

Still far too much development needed in the young kids.

For example, far too many people are expecting Tapscott to surprise (an oxymoron, I know)

He may have a bit more muscle than most his age, but it takes a bit more than that to succeed at the next level.

Yeah, I have to agree - this is a thread for 2011 or 2012.

Still far too much development needed in the young kids.

For example, far too many people are expecting Tapscott to surprise (an oxymoron, I know)

He may have a bit more muscle than most his age, but it takes a bit more than that to succeed at the next level.

Winning has to become important, at some stage the club has to stop using the we are young and rebuilding line. We have enough talent in our group to win 7-8 games, but as this thread started in everything goes right and some of the what if's happen we can be like Essendon of this year and pinch 7th or 8th. We need some luck and we got some last year with a goal after the siren that gave us Trengove but we need some luck with injuries and some luck with fast tracking the development of our players.

Like Hawthorn? :o

By the way, if you cook a Chicken for 46 years there would be nothing left to eat anyway

Edited by Roost It