Levi Casboult

RalphiusMaximus

I just want to say, is this guy having a bad week or what? First the cruise debacle and now this?

Casboult, 19, was driving his Holden Astra on the Princes Highway at Dandenong on Christmas Eve when a car travelling in the other direction crossed the median strip and hit his car.

Police said the other driver, 21, died at the scene. It is believed he lost control of his Nissan sedan.

He has had a shocking end to the year. First he's drafted by Carlton, then he's publicly humiliated by his teammates on a booze cruise, and now this accident. I really hope things pick up for the guy, because right now he's got to be feeling like hell.

Article Here.

I just want to say, is this guy having a bad week or what? First the cruise debacle and now this?

He has had a shocking end to the year. First he's drafted by Carlton, then he's publicly humiliated by his teammates on a booze cruise, and now this accident. I really hope things pick up for the guy, because right now he's got to be feeling like hell.

Article Here.

Yeah he must have killed a Chinaman in a previous life to get that much bad luck in just a couple of months!!

Seriously though, that would really affect you, wouldnt it? To have a car come across the highway, over the median strip and hit you and to then know that the driver died as a result. Even though it is reported that he had absolutley no responsibility for the accident, he would be feeling pretty ordinary and woudl be wondering what he had done to deserve this much bad luck.

Chin up Levi ! Life can only get better.

Yeah he must have killed a Chinaman in a previous life to get that much bad luck in just a couple of months!!

Seriously though, that would really affect you, wouldnt it? To have a car come across the highway, over the median strip and hit you and to then know that the driver died as a result. Even though it is reported that he had absolutley no responsibility for the accident, he would be feeling pretty ordinary and woudl be wondering what he had done to deserve this much bad luck.

Chin up Levi ! Life can only get better.

I had a friend in highschool who hit a guy going the wrong way around a roundabout and killed him. Even knowing that he couldn't have avoided the crash and it was entirely the other guy's fault he was really messed up. It's not something where you can shrug and say "not my fault..."

• 2 weeks later...
I think Carlton are involved in some sort of cover up over the Casboult incident. Kernahan said nothing and did nothing about this serious incident. It makes you wonder who was involved in chaining this kid up and forcing alcohol down his throat till he was senseless.

Hopefully, the AFL will demand some answers.

I was away for the week while this happened, anyone mind giving me a quick catch-up?

I think Carlton are involved in some sort of cover up over the Casboult incident. Kernahan said nothing and did nothing about this serious incident. It makes you wonder who was involved in chaining this kid up and forcing alcohol down his throat till he was senseless.

Hopefully, the AFL will demand some answers.

Hahaha you don't work for the HeraldSun by any chance, do you...?

I had a friend in highschool who hit a guy going the wrong way around a roundabout and killed him. Even knowing that he couldn't have avoided the crash and it was entirely the other guy's fault he was really messed up. It's not something where you can shrug and say "not my fault..."

I know of a couple of people involved in similar incidents. Not something I'd ever like to experience and I know they refuse to ever talk about it

I know of a couple of people involved in similar incidents. Not something I'd ever like to experience and I know they refuse to ever talk about it

Yes and for such a young kid I hope he gets the required ongoing counselling. It will sit with him for his entire life. I'm sure no one would like to experience what he and indeed others have experienced in similar accidents with similar victim results.

There is alot more to play out over this incident that is currently at the surface. The AFL have alerted Work Cover of the incident and asked them if the players' behavior towards Casboult constituted barstardisation of an apprentice. Work Cover were unsure and were going to look seriously into the incident. If they find that the players acted illegally, they will pursue the players and the club to the full extent of the law. If Carlton are proven to be liable, the AFL will then charge the entire club with bringing the game into disrepute. The ramifications are huge!

In the meantime Casboult's father went directly to Demetriou to ask if special permission could be granted to trade him to another club, even as a rookie. If that permission were granted (hypothetical, I know), I would love to trade Juice for him.

Lots of ifs and buts, but you can be assured Carlton will not be walking away with a slap on the wrist and a stern warning.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

There is alot more to play out over this incident that is currently at the surface. The AFL have alerted Work Cover of the incident and asked them if the players' behavior towards Casboult constituted barstardisation of an apprentice. Work Cover were unsure and were going to look seriously into the incident. If they find that the players acted illegally, they will pursue the players and the club to the full extent of the law. If Carlton are proven to be liable, the AFL will then charge the entire club with bringing the game into disrepute. The ramifications are huge!

In the meantime Casboult's father went directly to Demetriou to ask if special permission could be granted to trade him to another club, even as a rookie. If that permission were granted (hypothetical, I know), I would love to trade Juice for him.

Lots of ifs and buts, but you can be assured Carlton will not be walking away with a slap on the wrist and a stern warning.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

Really?

I just can't see why the AFL would pursue this.

Its hardly in their best interests and it seems a stretch to go down the WorkCover route.

Really?

Its hardly in their best interests and it seems a stretch to go down the WorkCover route.

Would be wonderful though... ;)

Really?

I would think the AFL would be very interested in getting right to the Bottom of this.

The AFL do own carlton's licence, and if they are sued by Work Cover it could get very interesting.

Not Sure why AFL are digging a bigger hole for themselves, they may come out looking bad. Look at ALL the drinking related incidents from ALL clubs and there's a much bigger picture. I pretty sure the AFL puts all players through they're drug and alcohol policy, obviously they need re gigging. (just a tad)

Some "consultant" probably advised them to report it. Maybe the AFL are to blame here.

Do the AFL have much say in the players penalties from incidents outside of the footy field? (Bet ya they'd love too...Control Freaks!!)

I would think the AFL would be very interested in getting right to the Bottom of this.

The AFL do own carlton's licence, and if they are sued by Work Cover it could get very interesting.

If the AFL can get sued, then why the hell would they want to dig through the details and draw WorkSafe's attention to it?

Find out what actually happened, no doubt, but surely they'd be doing their best to put this episode to bed, deliver a significant warning and then move on.

If the AFL can get sued, then why the hell would they want to dig through the details and draw WorkSafe's attention to it?

Find out what actually happened, no doubt, but surely they'd be doing their best to put this episode to bed, deliver a significant warning and then move on.

Maybe it is WorkSafe who is bringing it to the AFL's attention-thus they have no choice.

If this Kid was hand cuffed for hours, it could get very interesting.

And it sounds like the father is going all out.

Do the AFL have much say in the players penalties from incidents outside of the footy field? (Bet ya they'd love too...Control Freaks!!)

Ever heard of Ben Cousins?

Whenever they can, the AFL take great steps to ensure the football world knows exactly how much power they have. This will be seen as one of those opportunities.