JUDD- Is he a Leader ??????

jayceebee31

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judd is a top football player.

He is an abysmal failure as a leader.

For those who reckon they know him, have brekky with him, polish his shoes or hold the door open for him ; so what!!!!!!

He chose to just laugh at Fev at the Brownlow.

He chose to do nothing to prevent their new recruit from drunken antics on the Blues Booze Cruise.

His own club president has given him a verbal backhander today.Yes the Club President.

He is paid gazzillions to play and LEAD this team on and off the field and does not cope well.

Stop defending his leadership to those who think he does do it well.

He IS high profile, this IS off season news, he really looks out of his depth as captain.

I hope he improves this aspect of his Carlton contract for his own sake.

Judd is a top football player.

He is an abysmal failure as a leader.

For those who reckon they know him, have brekky with him, polish his shoes or hold the door open for him ; so what!!!!!!

He chose to just laugh at Fev at the Brownlow.

He chose to do nothing to prevent their new recruit from drunken antics on the Blues Booze Cruise.

His own club president has given him a verbal backhander today.Yes the Club President.

He is paid gazzillions to play and LEAD this team on and off the field and does not cope well.

Stop defending his leadership to those who think he does do it well.

He IS high profile, this IS off season news, he really looks out of his depth as captain.

I hope he improves this aspect of his Carlton contract for his own sake.

When I created this thread- these are the actual points that I was considering regarding Judd- the other main point that basically no one has commented on is the leadership of Junior McDonald. I think he has been a great leader, both on & off the field. The smarts- in suggesting grabbing Jim Stynes jumper as a motivation point was outstanding. He carries himself in a manner that will only grow Grimes etc.. into very valuable leaders. To the ones that think this thread is crap- grow up,we all can have a say.By the way- it is the terms and conditions of our site. Agree Andy??

When I created this thread- these are the actual points that I was considering regarding Judd- the other main point that basically no one has commented on is the leadership of Junior McDonald. I think he has been a great leader, both on & off the field. The smarts- in suggesting grabbing Jim Stynes jumper as a motivation point was outstanding. He carries himself in a manner that will only grow Grimes etc.. into very valuable leaders. To the ones that think this thread is crap- grow up,we all can have a say.By the way- it is the terms and conditions of our site. Agree Andy??

Yeh

To the ones that think this thread is crap- grow up,we all can have a say.By the way- it is the terms and conditions of our site. Agree Andy??

And if people were to think it was crap, you don't think they should have their say?

And if people were to think it was crap, you don't think they should have their say?

You like this thread that's why you keep coming back for more. Admit it, carlton bashing is fun. It's ok to admit it, you'll feel much better when you do. I mean if you really thought it was crap you'd stop coming back for more, but you love it and that's ok.

You like this thread that's why you keep coming back for more. Admit it, carlton bashing is fun. It's ok to admit it, you'll feel much better when you do. I mean if you really thought it was crap you'd stop coming back for more, but you love it and that's ok.

Especially as two sooks have gone there- Johnson & McLean- whom would not get a game at Demonland in a year or two & thank God we did not pick up Roberta Warnock- she cannot get on the park.

Especially as two sooks have gone there- Johnson & McLean- whom would not get a game at Demonland in a year or two & thank God we did not pick up Roberta Warnock- she cannot get on the park.

Roberta Warnock, sounds like something out of Underbelly...Carlton being the common theme.

Speak for yourself Roost It.

Happy Birthday. The big " 4 0 ". :P

I think it been an interesting discussion in here, considering the way Judd got to carlton.

Along with Luke Ball the draft is in serious need of a upgrade.

Although in hindsight it was better that Judd did not get to melbourne, but i wouldn't rule him out finishing his career with us. Long shot but he loved our jumper as a kid, and if we rise quicker than expected-it wouldn't suprise me.

Next two years will tell. If Carlton just tread water as i suspect they will. Judd will get mighty restless...

. Long shot but he loved our jumper as a kid, and if we rise quicker than expected-it wouldn't suprise me.

Next two years will tell. If Carlton just tread water as i suspect they will. Judd will get mighty restless...

We're going round in circles here, but I think Judd had to the chance to play for the jumper he apparently "loved" & showed that he loved money more. He strung us along before turning his nose up at the facilities. We don't need him. especially his gouging habit.

We're going round in circles here, but I think Judd had to the chance to play for the jumper he apparently "loved" & showed that he loved money more. He strung us along before turning his nose up at the facilities. We don't need him. especially his gouging habit.

2 Years ago wasn't the right time for him to come to melbourne-wouldn't have helped either party. We were a complete mess.

If some of the MFC talent become stars we wont be able to afford his current rates and hopefully have better options than him in a few years. I wonder how long he has effective in the AFL given the OP he carries.

Yes you are probably right, but i still think his carlton escapade will not bare fruit so if he is still fit enough, couple of years down the track who knows..

he may be happy to play one or two seasons on a reduced "Veterans" Salary. With all his Visy Money he should be all set up by then.

Its just a feeling i got...We are going to overtake Carlton i just know it!!!!

Yes you are probably right, but i still think his carlton escapade will not bare fruit so if he is still fit enough, couple of years down the track who knows..

he may be happy to play one or two seasons on a reduced "Veterans" Salary. With all his Visy Money he should be all set up by then.

Its just a feeling i got...We are going to overtake Carlton i just know it!!!!

After seeing training today- I think we have the talent right now. No doubt Judd is a star- but you are correct Judd had the opportunity and did not take it, Johnson anted out and we virtually chased him out, McLean wanted out, we took a few minutes and said yippy- we will take pick 11- Gysberts- wait and see- he will be a ripper and a nucleus of a great midfield consisting of him,Grimes, Sylvia, Maloney, Trengove & Scully.

The only problem, I see is what RR stated, we need to find the dough to keep them all.

After seeing training today- I think we have the talent right now. No doubt Judd is a star- but you are correct Judd had the opportunity and did not take it, Johnson anted out and we virtually chased him out, McLean wanted out, we took a few minutes and said yippy- we will take pick 11- Gysberts- wait and see- he will be a ripper and a nucleus of a great midfield consisting of him,Grimes, Sylvia, Maloney, Trengove & Scully.

The only problem, I see is what RR stated, we need to find the dough to keep them all.

We need to Win Games so this group WANT to stay together. it's the only way. This club is in a position now where we are almost starting from scratch.

Aim upward and accept nothing less.

We need to Win Games so this group WANT to stay together. it's the only way. This club is in a position now where we are almost starting from scratch.

Aim upward and accept nothing less.

Agree totally and with an upcoming list, keeping them is a priority notwanting to gain players that did not want to come when we wanted them.

Agree totally and with an upcoming list, keeping them is a priority notwanting to gain players that did not want to come when we wanted them.

In a couple of years we will be ready for some experienced "Top Up" players for the September assault. Not all of these new recruits will work out...We should always be on the look out for the best available.

In a couple of years we will be ready for some experienced "Top Up" players for the September assault. Not all of these new recruits will work out...We should always be on the look out for the best available.

I am of total agreement with you- with maybe a tall experienced forward as the initial requirement. However, we cannot expect, as you rightly point out that all our draft picks will work out.