JUDD- Is he a Leader ??????

jayceebee31

Speaking of that incident involving David Neitz a few years back, whatever happened to Kirsty Marshall?

Has she had anything to say about Fev's behaviour, the booze cruise or Andy Lovett or is she just earning her keep representing her constituency these days? For that matter is she still representing a constituency at all?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have more than a few friends who are Carlton fans so am much enjoying this latest Blooze debacle.

It is quite hard to understand that a few months after Blooze players saw their team mate and second most important player traded for alcohol fueled indiscretions they decided that a Blooze Cruise would be an appropriate way to celebrate the xmas breakup.

If the rookie was an apprentice tradie and the senior carlton players were tradies wouldn't WorkSafe get involved?

In the light of Fevola's departure why didn't Swann or Icke make a point of checking with the players to see what they were planning for Xmas breakup which would strike me as being a fairly obvious risky get together for a club with a Blooze culture?

What was Judd doing? Apart from letting the Blooze Cruise go ahead, attending the Blooze Cruise and standing by as a rookie drafted a few weeks prior was tied to a senior player and made to drink till he was barely conscious? He may have no other experienced leaders around him but that is not an excuse. In most ways the epitome of the professional footballer but I don't think he has any real insights about leadership. James McDonald or Nick Maxwell do not have anywhere near Judd's talent but I would back them to have intervened and put a stop to the idea of a booze cruise about 1 second after they were told about it.

and..Tim Lane manages to write a whole article about a lack of leadership at Carlton and one four letter word doesn't get mentioned. Tim how can you possibly write an article about the leadership vacuum at Carlton and not mention the Captain of the Carlton Football Club? In case you have forgotten Timmy his name is Chris Judd!

Have more than a few friends who are Carlton fans so am much enjoying this latest Blooze debacle.

It is quite hard to understand that a few months after Blooze players saw their team mate and second most important player traded for alcohol fueled indiscretions they decided that a Blooze Cruise would be an appropriate way to celebrate the xmas breakup.

If the rookie was an apprentice tradie and the senior carlton players were tradies wouldn't WorkSafe get involved?

In the light of Fevola's departure why didn't Swann or Icke make a point of checking with the players to see what they were planning for Xmas breakup which would strike me as being a fairly obvious risky get together for a club with a Blooze culture?

What was Judd doing? Apart from letting the Blooze Cruise go ahead, attending the Blooze Cruise and standing by as a rookie drafted a few weeks prior was tied to a senior player and made to drink till he was barely conscious? He may have no other experienced leaders around him but that is not an excuse. In most ways the epitome of the professional footballer but I don't think he has any real insights about leadership. James McDonald or Nick Maxwell do not have anywhere near Judd's talent but I would back them to have intervened and put a stop to the idea of a booze cruise about 1 second after they were told about it.

and..Tim Lane manages to write a whole article about a lack of leadership at Carlton and one four letter word doesn't get mentioned. Tim how can you possibly write an article about the leadership vacuum at Carlton and not mention the Captain of the Carlton Football Club? In case you have forgotten Timmy his name is Chris Judd!

Four letters - JUDD

Very good points raised Demoniac- supports my points totally.

Edited by jayceebee31

Hi Jack, hope you are over the flu. With regards to your viewpoint ,what I am querying is the merit as captain and what the purposes are. In the thread outline, it mentions factors regarding Judd and the points raised re McDonald and the merit of MFC reappointing him captain . Furthermore, in my post regarding Judd stepping down, I think his overall behaviour as leader is appalling. And as you may remember people were after Neitz's head re his fight with a taxi driver at the Crown which he was fined 5 grand,when he was captain.. His behaviou is peanuts compared to the behaviour of Carlton players which are lead by Judd. And by the way, our leadership group lead by Junior runs rings around the leadership group at Carlton NOW. It was great that you concur when you stated they have a poor culture and little way of leadership. I say they have NONE.Judd lets the players run wild,and this will show on field as well..
i respect everyones opinion, Carltons players are led by Judd on the footy ground, you cant be eyes fo every player off the ground, people make there own decisions, walker , fev and whoever else screws up have been there long before JUdd, thats like saying Reiwoldt should keep his eyes on Lovett, they obviously have issues at visy park, but its hardlys judd fault.

Speaking of that incident involving David Neitz a few years back, whatever happened to Kirsty Marshall?

Has she had anything to say about Fev's behaviour, the booze cruise or Andy Lovett or is she just earning her keep representing her constituency these days? For that matter is she still representing a constituency at all?

Yes she is representing, I met her last week as a matter of fact. She is pretty cool! I was living interstate during the Neitz incident. What is the relationship between Kirsty /Neita/Fev?? I`m confused.

Yes she is representing, I met her last week as a matter of fact. She is pretty cool! I was living interstate during the Neitz incident. What is the relationship between Kirsty /Neita/Fev?? I`m confused.

We are getting off the track a little but Kristy is a labor politician in Victoria, since 2002. Do not know how this interweaves with Judd etc..

In 2003 Neitz had an altercation with a cabbie, Marshall then came out and said that it means he needs serious help and that he should get a therapist. This is several years before she herself had a run in with a cabbie at the same location

In 2003 Neitz had an altercation with a cabbie, Marshall then came out and said that it means he needs serious help and that he should get a therapist. This is several years before she herself had a run in with a cabbie at the same location

Thanks for the explanation- Neita was a better leader than Judd

Penny drops! Cheers 45

I can't believe some of the crap I am reading about Judd on this thread.

Some of you guys are still so disappointed and angry that he did not come to Melbourne that you are letting your emotion cloud your judgement.

From what I can read no one here has ever met Juddy let alone know him. However, I do. I know him well. I speak to him a couple of times a week and regularly have meals with him. Let me set a few things straight.

Juddy is a credit to the game, a credit to his club and a credit to himself. He is an outstanding individual on every level. He is the complete professional athlete. He is a highly intelligent and honourable and an absolutely impressive person, player and leader.

However, it may be true that Juddy is not a natural leader. Instead he leads by example both on and off the field. He is learning that by example, with a young group is not always enough. He is the sort of person who is very critical of himself and always trying to improve himself in every way including his leadership skills. I can assure you that Juddy will have learnt from his leadership failure in this instance, he will learn from this and only become a better leader as a result. He will continue to learn and grow into the role and mark my words he will become an outstanding leader. By the end of his career he will be remembered as much for the quality of his leadership as he is for his professionalism, talent and wit. He is still learning leadership in exactly the same way Neita was learning in his early days as captain. Are all your memories so short that you can’t remember significant anti Neita as captain campaigns in the early 2000s by supporters on this very site as well as the media.

Now let me set something else straight.

The only reason he is not playing for Melbourne today is that he desperately wants another premiership (money was secondary) and when assessing teams correctly determined that Melbourne was only beginning their rebuilding (end 07) and as such Melbourne would be no chance of being in its Premiership window until he was at least 31yo......... and that’s if everything went right. Where as Carlton in 07 was finishing its rebuild already had a strong young list of early draft picks and was as such far ahead of Melbourne. In reality Carlton end of 07 was in a similar position to Melbourne at the end of 09. Thus Carlton was assessed as being at least two years in front of Melbourne. Guess what Juddy got this right.

If Juddy had have come to Melbourne we would have won more games in the last two years, probably not have finished last and as a result would not have received priority picks or number one picks. Two years on it is clear we are better off that Juddy did not choose us. It is also clear that Juddy is better off not being a demon.

Now get over it!

I can't believe some of the crap I am reading about Judd on this thread.

However, it may be true that Juddy is not a natural leader. Instead he leads by example both on and off the field. He is learning that by example, with a young group is not always enough. He is the sort of person who is very critical of himself and always trying to improve himself in every way including his leadership skills. I can assure you that Juddy will have learnt from his leadership failure in this instance, he will learn from this and only become a better leader as a result. He will continue to learn and grow into the role and mark my words he will become an outstanding leader. By the end of his career he will be remembered as much for the quality of his leadership as he is for his professionalism, talent and wit.

So you admit this was a leadership failure on his part, pretty much what everyone on here is saying.

Now let me set something else straight.

The only reason he is not playing for Melbourne today is that he desperately wants another premiership (money was secondary) and when assessing teams correctly determined that Melbourne was only beginning their rebuilding (end 07) and as such Melbourne would be no chance of being in its Premiership window until he was at least 31yo......... and that’s if everything went right. Where as Carlton in 07 was finishing its rebuild already had a strong young list of early draft picks and was as such far ahead of Melbourne. In reality Carlton end of 07 was in a similar position to Melbourne at the end of 09. Thus Carlton was assessed as being at least two years in front of Melbourne. Guess what Juddy got this right.

How about you get this straight. "Juddy" got it wrong, way wrong. Carlton are not anywhere near a premeirship. They have little to no talent after their top few and without Fevola none is going to kick the score required to win a premeirship.

Now get over it!

I'm long over it. You infact outlined why we didn't want him and that we are better off without him.

Sure he might be a terrific bloke but so far he has proved to be a lousy captain

One last thing did he explain to you why he eye gouges, or is that kind of behaviour just part of his character. :o

when at West Coast under him they had a drug history.

now at Carlton Fev is sacked and 3 players are put on a ban and fined.

all while judd sat back as caption and watched on the boat trip.

he is a great leader on the ground but off the field one has to ask ?

all l can say is as much as l was unhappy he never came to melbourne

thank god he never did with such a young list .

How about you get this straight. "Juddy" got it wrong, way wrong. Carlton are not anywhere near a premeirship. They have little to no talent after their top few and without Fevola none is going to kick the score required to win a premeirship.

I'm long over it. You infact outlined why we didn't want him and that we are better off without him.

Sure he might be a terrific bloke but so far he has proved to be a lousy captain

One last thing did he explain to you why he eye gouges, or is that kind of behaviour just part of his character. :o

Yes i think we will actually over take Carlton....IF the MFC get it right this year.

Our backline is better than theirs.

Correct me if i am wrong...is that the 2nd time Judd has been done for eye goughing??

Yes i think we will actually over take Carlton....IF the MFC get it right this year.

Our backline is better than theirs.

Correct me if i am wrong...is that the 2nd time Judd has been done for eye goughing??

I agree that we will take over Carlton in coming years............ and this will break Juddy's heart.

However, two years ago, when this decision was made, Carlton was clearly well in front of Melbourne on the rebuild. An AFL career is short even for the elite. Juddy made the right decision. More importantly, as I said, we would have never got a list good enough to be better than Carlton..... to be a potential, future premiership threat if we did not come embarrassingly last................ if we did not get our priority picks. This simply would not have happened if Judd came to Melbourne.

I agree that we will take over Carlton in coming years............ and this will break Juddy's heart.

However, two years ago, when this decision was made, Carlton was clearly well in front of Melbourne on the rebuild. An AFL career is short even for the elite. Juddy made the right decision. More importantly, as I said, we would have never got a list good enough to be better than Carlton..... to be a potential, future premiership threat if we did not come embarrassingly last................ if we did not get our priority picks. This simply would not have happened if Judd came to Melbourne.

I totally agree with you. Carlton had there chance in 2009-2010. And i think its blown.

Maybe Judd could be enticed over to the Demons in a couple of years to play in the Forward Pocket!!!

(Deep down he would still love to wear a demon Jumper i bet)

BTW if you know the Judd Family at all, Chris's Dad Andrew was my Maths Teacher during 77-78 Good Bloke

Massive south Melbourne supporter, which i always thought would have killed him inside during 2005-6. I thought of Drew Both years while at the games.