Room on list

GawnWithTheWind

What have these players done for us not to honour their contracts?

Not develop? That's our fault.

They were never good enough? We picked them up in the first place.

Unless they are doing stupid things (Carroll) - honour their contracts.

Batram, Buckley, McNamara, and Cheney are the only ones that I know of that are OOC.

1, 2, 11 and PSD1 are priorities in my mind. Bruce on the VL (due to Robbo delisting), Whelan, Wheatley, and McLean out provide space for those picks.

1 has to go for Pick 18 - Batram

2 have to go for Pick 34 - Batram & Buckley

If Pick 34 is not considered as good a prospect as Buckley then don't use that pick. We don't have to use that pick.

Depending on how the medicos see Buckley's OP I would be prepared to forget about 34.

Edited by rpfc

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest delicious jurrah coffee
MFC wont be paying out any contracts unless there a serious behavioural breaches (eg Carroll).

You dont just pay out contracts willy nilly. Further if you pay out the contract, you pay out the contract and you have no future say in the player's future moves. Its a drastic step that wont happen.

More thought needed

maybe theres thought needed when contracting these type of players, your majesty.

Guest delicious jurrah coffee
We'd all love to have a crystal ball. We'd also love it if players happily signed 1 year contracts.

Unfortunately this is the real world.

in the real world mate, i wouldnt offer newton a 3yr contract, no matter how good that mark was.

PJ should be kept on the list because of our lack of experienced ruckmen. Meesen got injury problems, Martin is still very raw at playing in the ruck, Spencer is still developing in all aspects of the game and Jamar also has injury concerns. PJ is our second most experienced ruck and also is good insurance on the list considering what happened to Essendon's rucks.

I reckon delist Buckley and McNamara. Bartram should be given a chance, there's something about his game which appeals to me.

If we want to elevate one of Spencer and Valenti then Bartram will have to go. However I can't see Valenti staying at the Demons next year.

you wouldn't consider Cheney or McNamara for delisting?

McNamara has got promise as a utility, and Cheney is a neat kick, is courageous, and can take a mark, he gets lost a bit when picking up someone but had a solid 1st year of AFL.

Batram cannot kick and has limited awareness, I struggle to see him playing in our midfield next year. Run with roles can be given to other players as an exercise in development.

And Buckley's injuries worry me, as I'm sure, they do Simon and the club.

How many players can we have on the veterans list?

You can have up to 2, who are in practice rookies (off the main list) and half their salary is off the salary Cap;

However you can have more than 2. It just means the additional veterans take up a spot on the main list, but part of their salary is still outside the salary cap.

You can have up to 2, who are in practice rookies (off the main list) and half their salary is off the salary Cap;

However you can have more than 2. It just means the additional veterans take up a spot on the main list, but part of their salary is still outside the salary cap.

The reason for my question is why not redraft Robbo. He could be on the Veterran list and not affect the main list. If the draft this year is so thin wouldn't he be a better bet than the 5th Rookie.

I like you.

He doesn't exist, Nasher.

He's a fable concocted by a cunning criminal, preying on the ignorance and gullibility of a few lawmen who so desperately wanted to believe his beautiful lies and seductive stories.

Anyway...

You never said that to me...

That hurts...

The reason for my question is why not redraft Robbo. He could be on the Veterran list and not affect the main list. If the draft this year is so thin wouldn't he be a better bet than the 5th Rookie.

Doesn't Cameron Bruce qualify for the VL? He is almost our highest paid player.

The Robbo issue has been done to death. Use the Forum Search engine for the arguments.

Wow...

(Don't be patronising, don't be patronising, don't be patronising...)

There is only space for McDonald and Bruce on the VL as Bruce will take Robertson's spot. Only 2 Vets outside the main list.

OK?

i've just been the MFC footy website...looking at the players..they have already removed the delisted/retired/trade players...

i think it's fair brock has gone...but robbo and co should've stayed until after the draft...IMO

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/players/tabi...09/default.aspx

I like you.

I like me too.

He doesn't exist, Nasher.

He's a fable concocted by a cunning criminal, preying on the ignorance and gullibility of a few lawmen who so desperately wanted to believe his beautiful lies and seductive stories.

Anyway...

You never said that to me...

That hurts...

That's so close it almost scary. I never realised how apt my username was.

I am actually none other than...

Brian Taylor!

Ok, just kidding.

But you could be surprised if you knew who I was, especially in years to come.

Not necessarily as likeable as I may come across, at the very least :P

I have to ask this, but do you drink heavily before visiting Demonland? :lol:

Don't complain, it makes you more attractive...

I'm just kidding, and no I don't drink heavily at all.

I tell you what I do do before visiting Land...

I bring my A-Game.

Yeah!!

i've just been the MFC footy website...looking at the players..they have already removed the delisted/retired/trade players...

They've been moved to the "Previous Players" list.

I note that where the MFC website talks about the start of pre-season training and the players returning, that "Cale Morton, Jack Grimes, Stef Martin, Jake Spencer, Kyle Cheney, Jordie McKenzie and Shane Valenti were part of the first group that returned."