Brendan Fevola

Daz's Dee's

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was i take "A light Edit" should have been a "Heavy Edit!"

There's no excuse for that, that footage would have been viewed 50-100 times.

No wonder nobody wants to pay his ridiculous contract!!

If it wasn't shown on TV, is what Fev did any less of an issue..? for Carlton, I mean.

What was i take "A light Edit" should have been a "Heavy Edit!"

From what they said they showed very little of his street talk, as most of it was unsuitable.

Again, I stress, he was in trouble before any footage aired...

He was carted and making a fool of himself before the count was even half way through the season, nine can't be blamed for that.

From what they said they showed very little of his street talk, as most of it was unsuitable.

Again, I stress, he was in trouble before any footage aired...

He was carted and making a fool of himself before the count was even half way through the season, nine can't be blamed for that.

Was he actually given a microphone to roam around the room, or was all of that pre recorded??

Would have thought that the Bulldogs with their premiership window open may have swapped Lake for Fevola

With Hall , Aker and Co that might be quite a forward line

Edited by Swampfox

Would have thought that the Bulldogs with their premiership window open may have swapped Lake for Fevola

With Hall , Aker and Co that might be quite a forward line

I highly doubt dogs would bite there now that they have Hall. Eade's comments about Hall not necessarily being an 80 goal a year FF and needing to work hard to fit into their current gameplan (that has mobile smalls kicking multiple goals each) suggests there is no room for 2 KPPs in their setup. Eade obviously still values his small forward methodology, but has finally conceded that he needs to supplement this with a big target to help feed crumbs to Aker, Higgins et al.

Fev not going to Dogs.

Edited by pringle

Friend of mine from work who's pretty tight with Matthew Drain at St. Kilda reckons the Saints are putting a deal o Carlton today, Ball & Maguire for Fevola as St, Kilda doesn't believe Collingwood will be able to satisfy a trade for Ball.

Friend of mine from work who's pretty tight with Matthew Drain at St. Kilda reckons the Saints are putting a deal o Carlton today, Ball & Maguire for Fevola as St, Kilda doesn't believe Collingwood will be able to satisfy a trade for Ball.

Now that is a deal i could believe. That is good for both clubs.

Ch9 deserve a big swipe for this one. On Brownlow night Fev should have been quietly put in a Limo & sent Home. But no ch9 put a microphone in his Hand.

I disagree mate, CH 9 cannot take blame for this at all, he went fully knowing that he had this to do, chose to get drunk, chose to act like a fool, when producers tried to stop him he punched one, they then got Nath Brown to do it.. not there fault. AIm should point at one person.. himself. Carlton officials and Crown security also very very slack!

in saying that, he is an immature irrelevant person and i care less about him!

Edited by Demon3

Now that is a deal i could believe. That is good for both clubs.

My thoughts also, adding Ball to their midfield would allow Ball & McLean to get the hard ball out to Judd, Murphy and Gibbs and Maguire provides extra cover down back. While Fevola to the Saints gives them a very dangerous forward line and allows Koschitzke to ruck with Gardiner as King is on his last legs.

I'll go out on a limb here and state that the greatest trick the devil (Carlton) ever pulled was to convince the media and greater football world that they want to trade Fev, as long as my arse points to the ground they have no intention of trading that alcoholic bogan. They make all these statements to the media because if the did nothing on the issue then they would be seen as a gutless spineless football club, however if they say we want to trade and expect the world for him with no intention of a trade and the week finishes he stays where they want him without the scrutiny that would otherwise be there if they had done nothing. He is way to valuable to a club who has finally made it back to the finals without Fev they have no one to kick goals and that is FACT.

Ch9 deserve a big swipe for this one. On Brownlow night Fev should have been quietly put in a Limo & sent Home. But no ch9 put a microphone in his Hand.

I disagree mate, CH 9 cannot take blame for this at all, he went fully knowing that he had this to do, chose to get drunk, chose to act like a fool, when producers tried to stop him he punched one, they then got Nath Brown to do it.. not there fault. AIm should point at one person.. himself. Carlton officials and Crown security also very very slack!

Fair Comment, but that still does not excuse ch9 from putting Fevola footage to air. It should not have happened

And i will blame ch9 for that. Yes Fevola is an immature Tool but it was an award night, & he was never going to win it.

Yeh, I heard (OK, it was SEN, but from someone like Kouta who would know) that at various times Judd by himself, & Judd with other senior Carlton people, & James Brayshaw, & even Crown security, tried to reason with him to "put him in a limo & send him home". But it was clear by then that the only way they could have got him out was by using physical force which they were not prepared to do. Apparently he even got Brayshaw in a headlock & wouldn't let go. And mocking Judd and his "pressure-point" farce to a TV audience wouldn't have endeared him to his captain. He's poison now.

Yeah, all good mate and i can understand that. But there is not much loyalty in TV and once it became a vehicle for ratings, then they would have been derelict in not showing it.

I agree he was never going to win, but should have remained in a state where he knew he could work after it, he didnt and he deserves any recriminations that come his way. serial offender who has just not learnt!

I

Yeah, all good mate and i can understand that. But there is not much loyalty in TV and once it became a vehicle for ratings, then they would have been derelict in not showing it.

I agree he was never going to win, but should have remained in a state where he knew he could work after it, he didnt and he deserves any recriminations that come his way. serial offender who has just not learnt!

I

I'm not backing Fev, He can Burn for all i care, but i am very suprised ch9 seemed to have got away scott free in this episode.

I work in TV & i know about Ratings, but they must have realized a backlash was brewing. Poor Form DOTS.

But after their Rugby Coverage last Sunday i am not suprised.

Oh really!! I was Overseas & only saw bits on youtube, [censored] that makes it even worse!!! They knew what was going to air!!! :lol: :lol: Astounding...

And you claim you're in the TV industry? :huh:

You know what the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was?

Convincing people to post what they hear on SEN.

Isnt Jacques from Zennia Mortgages the most factual voice on SEN?

And you claim you're in the TV industry? :huh:

I was on Holidays RR in a country where No one gives a Toss about the Brownlow. And i don't work for ch9.

Sorry for not being completely 100% savvy with the whole story. I watched the clips i could find.

Do you have to disagree with every Topic discussed on here??

And i don't work for ch9.

They knock you back for a job?

Nine didn't escape scott free, you're not the only person in this world who has to blame everyone. Nine got screwed by Fev, often the brownlow street talk is good value, this year it was pathetic as they showed the few short clips they could of Fev and nathan Brown's lame efforts to recover the segment.

I like how you've criticised them for a light edit, found out it was more so and changed tact to it now just being for giving him a microphone. Love the consistency pal.

I'll go out on a limb here and state that the greatest trick the devil (Carlton) ever pulled was to convince the media and greater football world that they want to trade Fev, as long as my arse points to the ground they have no intention of trading that alcoholic bogan. They make all these statements to the media because if the did nothing on the issue then they would be seen as a gutless spineless football club, however if they say we want to trade and expect the world for him with no intention of a trade and the week finishes he stays where they want him without the scrutiny that would otherwise be there if they had done nothing. He is way to valuable to a club who has finally made it back to the finals without Fev they have no one to kick goals and that is FACT.

I agree JCash that this is the logical situation, however, sadly for Carlton it is not true.

The Carlton board has been unhappy with Fev for sometime, and there have been people on that board who have wanted Fev to be traded for years. He is considered a “cancer” to the playing group. Fev sets a terrible example to the young players, takes them gambling and drinking, drops his head, put himself first. However, his biggest problem has been his chips on his shoulder and jealousy of Judd. He walks around the club calling Judd "messiah", undermines Judds captaincy, continually makes smart arse comments while Judd is making speeches to the playing group etc. On Brownlow night Judd tried on several occasions to quietly move Fev on, but was instead meet with Fevs complete lack of respect for his captain.

The Carlton board then discussed, dismissing Fev, but before making a final decision asked Judd his thoughts. Judd was left in no illusion that if he said “cut him” that is what would happen. Judd took a few days to contemplate the situation. On Grand Final day, Judd discussed the situation with Robert Harvey who is the Carlton mid-field coach. Robert Harvey said his great regret from his days as captain was not standing up and getting rid of the "cancers" that were at that time in the St. Kilda football club. There were those players taking drugs, those who were sleeping with other players girl friends and wife’s and those who simply undermined the captain. Robert Harvey told Judd that keeping these players cost St. Kilda premierships. He told Judd the best thing St.Kilda ever did was to get rid of Lockett who was at the time undermining Harvey in a similar way to which Fev undermines Judd. In the end Judd made the decision, let the board know of his thoughts and Fev was put up to trade.

There is still more to this story. All the skeletons in Fevs cupboard are not out. Fev has done other worse things that only Carlton Football Club knows about. Carlton fear that if these things came out no club would take Fev. As a result you will find that at the end of trade week Carlton will take what ever they can get. Fev will not be playing for the blues next season.

This comes directly from high up in the CFC.

They knock you back for a job?

Nine didn't escape scott free, you're not the only person in this world who has to blame everyone. Nine got screwed by Fev, often the brownlow street talk is good value, this year it was pathetic as they showed the few short clips they could of Fev and nathan Brown's lame efforts to recover the segment.

I like how you've criticised them for a light edit, found out it was more so and changed tact to it now just being for giving him a microphone. Love the consistency pal.

All Nathan Brown did was try to embarrass Fev's missus by repeatedly trying to get her to comment on Fev's behaviour.

Over and over and over and over.

Very average form by Brown, but then again I shouldn't be surprised, he's almost as bland as Matthew Lloyd.

Was probably struggling to think of something to say.

There is still more to this story. All the skeletons in Fevs cupboard are not out. Fev has done other worse things that only Carlton Football Club knows about. Carlton fear that if these things came out no club would take Fev. As a result you will find that at the end of trade week Carlton will take what ever they can get. Fev will not be playing for the blues next season.

This comes directly from high up in the CFC.

From what I am hearing you would be spot on with this analysis.