Jamar = russian hot wind!

Disco Demons

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so PJ played 16 games and some people think he's crap...i think 16 games for the year is a reasonable indication of whether you can handle it at the top level. i don't think 7 games is enough games to be considered a performer. i would agree he has improved....but he's by no means a proven ruckman. I don't mind PJ...

i'm in favour of trading jamar now...we did try and trade him last year...but nobody wanted him...i'd prefer to play a younger less experienced ruckman who would play like he has nothing to lose rather than a ruckman that has been on the list for 7 years...has confidence issues and injuries.

Its an indication of how slim our ruck stocks are that we had only PJ fit and at times it was embarrassing. Performance is all about quality of output not number of games. If Jamar is not a proven ruckman at MFC then I am not sure what PJ has proven beyond the fooling a few posters.

Any reason why you would not trade PJ.... Do you think 15 other Clubs have worked out what you cant?

Port Adelaide has said they wont be looking at Mark Seaby.The Port footy department is currently being propped up by the SANFL so they cant afford to pay Seaby what he wants.They have to cut back playing spending as the club made a loss again this year.Seaby is apparently out of their price range & the rumour is that Sydney have spoken to him & its at the stage where W.C & Sydney are trying to work out a deal.With Port saying day by day that they desperatly need a Ruckman & will offer up pick 8 maybe we could help.I know Jamar is starting to show something but sometimes you have to give up something to make the club better & also still rumours that he wants to leave us anyway.I would be keen to offload Jamar & our 4th round pick or Jamar & Bell to get Ports pick 8.Imagine if we had pick 1,2,8 & 18.Thats 4 picks in the top 20 where all the cream is.Thats never been done before & would be a huge boost for us.We could get Skully,Trengove at 1 & 2 & then look at Carlisle or Rohan et the number 8 & the Panos or Butcher at 18.Would have the 2 best mids then a couple of KPP.Would be a great win for us.Even Jamar or T-Mac for this to happen would be a good outcome in my opinion

I'd jump on Jamar for 8 in a flash, even with all the sweetners in the world that would never happen though.

PJ is not and never has been a 'genuine ruckman'.

He's a 200cm midget.

Pj played 16 games while Jamar played 7. Must be the better player. Woah. Clap clap clap. Must make Mark Blake a better player then Ottens. Shane O'bree has played more games then Scott Pendlebury. Must make him a better player too.

As for PJ knocking off Sandilands and Cox, I didn't know being competitive and at best breaking even means beating them.

PJ has had a shocker of a year.

Jamar plays like a big man should. PJ well, has played 17 games when Jamar, Meesen and even Spencer have been injured.

I never said PJ was crap & nobody else has. People are saying PJ is not a ruckman. And if he is not a ruckman what is he?

i know you never said PJ was crap...i understand you said he's not a ruckman... 'jacey' has said PJ has had a shocker year...many posts on this site about how crap PJ is...

Acording to people who know PJ from playing with him around frankston he's a forward. that's where he's played most of his footy...i agree he's not a ruckman...

i know you never said PJ was crap...i understand you said he's not a ruckman... 'jacey' has said PJ has had a shocker year...many posts on this site about how crap PJ is...

Acording to people who know PJ from playing with him around frankston he's a forward. that's where he's played most of his footy...i agree he's not a ruckman...

You are putting all the people who want to keep Jamar in the 'Jamar lovers' basket & putting all the people who question PJ's ability to hold down a position in the 'PJ's crap' basket. That is not what people are saying.

Many people in the keep Jamar camp still question his ability however they think we should persist with him because he is our best ruck option at the moment.

If we get rid of Jamar and you agree that PJ is not a ruckman, who do you think should be playing 1st ruck next year?

You cannot say Jamar's a dud, get rid of him & then not offer a solution for our ruck woes.

And we cannot play all of Watts, Jurrah, Miller, Bate & PJ in the forwardline, not to mention guys like Martin, Garland & Newton as potential options as well. Who does PJ get a game in the forwardline before? Of all our forward options, where does PJ rank?

So you want to get rid of Jamar because PJ is a better ruckman but you want PJ to play as a forward?

That doesn't make any sense.

And BTW, PJ is, at best, a small lead up target because he doesn't impose himself on contests. He is 200cm and 100kg but it doesn't mean a thing when you don't use your bulk and impose yourself when going for a mark.

He has skills and is athletic, but he is a classic tease. Adequate at everything, good at nothing.

Mark Seaby has put a price on his own head?

He is a complete spud. I'm surprised there's enough interest in him for him to be choosy. I would've thought he'd be jumping at whatever club showed any vague interest.

Isn't he a Premiership ruckman...

Port Adelaide has said they wont be looking at Mark Seaby.The Port footy department is currently being propped up by the SANFL so they cant afford to pay Seaby what he wants.They have to cut back playing spending as the club made a loss again this year.Seaby is apparently out of their price range & the rumour is that Sydney have spoken to him & its at the stage where W.C & Sydney are trying to work out a deal.With Port saying day by day that they desperatly need a Ruckman & will offer up pick 8 maybe we could help.I know Jamar is starting to show something but sometimes you have to give up something to make the club better & also still rumours that he wants to leave us anyway.I would be keen to offload Jamar & our 4th round pick or Jamar & Bell to get Ports pick 8.Imagine if we had pick 1,2,8 & 18.Thats 4 picks in the top 20 where all the cream is.Thats never been done before & would be a huge boost for us.We could get Skully,Trengove at 1 & 2 & then look at Carlisle or Rohan et the number 8 & the Panos or Butcher at 18.Would have the 2 best mids then a couple of KPP.Would be a great win for us.Even Jamar or T-Mac for this to happen would be a good outcome in my opinion

This prooves you are making this stuff up

He's a 200cm midget.

Pj played 16 games while Jamar played 7. Must be the better player. Woah. Clap clap clap. Must make Mark Blake a better player then Ottens. Shane O'bree has played more games then Scott Pendlebury. Must make him a better player too.

As for PJ knocking off Sandilands and Cox, I didn't know being competitive and at best breaking even means beating them.

PJ has had a shocker of a year.

Jamar plays like a big man should. PJ well, has played 17 games when Jamar, Meesen and even Spencer have been injured.

PJ is a tall, slow midfielder with poor skills, but he can pinch hit in the ruck.

Guest master bate
so PJ played 16 games and some people think he's crap...i think 16 games for the year is a reasonable indication of whether you can handle it at the top level. i don't think 7 games is enough games to be considered a performer. i would agree he has improved....but he's by no means a proven ruckman. I don't mind PJ...

i'm in favour of trading jamar now...we did try and trade him last year...but nobody wanted him...i'd prefer to play a younger less experienced ruckman who would play like he has nothing to lose rather than a ruckman that has been on the list for 7 years...has confidence issues and injuries.

Your rediculous comments in this thread have forced me to join the land after lurking for a while now.

7 games verse 16 would be a legitimate argument if for the fact that Jamar missed a large chunk of the season injured. Do you not understand that? It would be like saying Garland and Wona are no good because they played 1 game between them this year.

PJ wins less hitouts (vitally important in winning finals) and takes 0 contested marks. He gets more stats than Jamar but as he doesn't know his limitations he turns it over. He also has 0 physical impact on a game, where as Jamar can hurt the other sides. It's fair to say that Jamar now offers more up forward than PJ as well.

PJ did do a good job on Sandilands and Cox, but they were practically his only good games all year.

In his 7 games Jamar is 7th for hit outs per game, and played mainly forward against Carlton which would have lowered his average. PJ is 27th, despite playing first ruck for a large part of the year.

You say Jamar will be old come our premiership time - but Gardiner, King and Ottens are all getting on and will most likely be in the grand final this year. BIG ruckmen are late developers but if you get them fit at the right time they are invaluable.

Next year - Jamar first ruck, Martin on the bench due to versatility, Meesen as the back up pushing the other 2. Spencer on the rookie list. PJ to the tip.

Your rediculous comments in this thread have forced me to join the land after lurking for a while now.

7 games verse 16 would be a legitimate argument if for the fact that Jamar missed a large chunk of the season injured. Do you not understand that? It would be like saying Garland and Wona are no good because they played 1 game between them this year.

PJ wins less hitouts (vitally important in winning finals) and takes 0 contested marks. He gets more stats than Jamar but as he doesn't know his limitations he turns it over. He also has 0 physical impact on a game, where as Jamar can hurt the other sides. It's fair to say that Jamar now offers more up forward than PJ as well.

PJ did do a good job on Sandilands and Cox, but they were practically his only good games all year.

In his 7 games Jamar is 7th for hit outs per game, and played mainly forward against Carlton which would have lowered his average. PJ is 27th, despite playing first ruck for a large part of the year.

You say Jamar will be old come our premiership time - but Gardiner, King and Ottens are all getting on and will most likely be in the grand final this year. BIG ruckmen are late developers but if you get them fit at the right time they are invaluable.

Next year - Jamar first ruck, Martin on the bench due to versatility, Meesen as the back up pushing the other 2. Spencer on the rookie list. PJ to the tip.

One of the biggest issues I had against Jamar, up until a couple of years ago, was his lack of physical presence but he now seems to have over come this and is imposing himself on the contest and hurting the opposition. I reckon that PJ needs to do the same and he, like Jamar, has to realise that he has a huge frame and can split a pack causing the opposition players to look over their shoulder.

I'm not sure what caused the difference in Jamar whether it was the new coach or just a player finally growing up, but maybe he can pass the secret to PJ and we could have another big mobile player on our hands. PJ has a decision making problem and whilst his skill is not to bad he just kicks the ball to the wrong spot.

it's pretty funny people are having a go at PJ becuase he played 16 games and jamar has only played 7 games.

in 100 years time for now...nobody will care that jamar played 7 games...fact is...PJ played 16 games and picked up the slack.

Jamar has been a passenger all year and 'jamar lovers' luv him for it!

it's pretty funny people are having a go at PJ becuase he played 16 games and jamar has only played 7 games.

in 100 years time for now...nobody will care that jamar played 7 games...fact is...PJ played 16 games and picked up the slack.

Jamar has been a passenger all year and 'jamar lovers' luv him for it!

With all due respect - are you even trying to convince anyone that PJ is a superior ruckman and should be retained?

Because if DB asked me to play 20 games next year I would.

You know, just to pick up the slack...

With all due respect - are you even trying to convince anyone that PJ is a superior ruckman and should be retained?

Because if DB asked me to play 20 games next year I would.

You know, just to pick up the slack...

i'm not saying PJ is the superior ruckman by any means....but the fact that PJ played more games that will be the assumption...just like u read into my comments...my point is...PJ played more games in the ruck...we now know 100% he's not a ruckman....jamar has played 7 games this year...are u 100% sure he's a champ or just improved? an improved player is great...but it's only going to take consistent games for the opposition to work him out...think about it...

event though he's going to be to old for our premeirship challenge...do u want him still?

i'm sure your a capable player...just like jamar

i'm not saying PJ is the superior ruckman by any means....but the fact that PJ played more games that will be the assumption...just like u read into my comments...my point is...PJ played more games in the ruck...we now know 100% he's not a ruckman....jamar has played 7 games this year...are u 100% sure he's a champ or just improved? an improved player is great...but it's only going to take consistent games for the opposition to work him out...think about it...

event though he's going to be to old for our premeirship challenge...do u want him still?

i'm sure your a capable player...just like jamar

Then I don't know why you keep mentioning Jamar.

If you know PJ isn't a ruckman, but a forward, then you should be comparing him to Bate, Jurrah, Petterd, and Robertson this season as they play the same forward 'lead-up' role as PJ. How does PJ fit in to our best 22? (keeping in mind Watts will take Robertson's spot in the forward line.)

Jamar turns 26 this month, he is only a few months older than Moloney, Davey, and Warnock. What do we do with them?

Then I don't know why you keep mentioning Jamar.

If you know PJ isn't a ruckman, but a forward, then you should be comparing him to Bate, Jurrah, Petterd, and Robertson this season as they play the same forward 'lead-up' role as PJ. How does PJ fit in to our best 22? (keeping in mind Watts will take Robertson's spot in the forward line.)

Jamar turns 26 this month, he is only a few months older than Moloney, Davey, and Warnock. What do we do with them?

Jamar has already turned 26 last month...but good on ya...for thinking he's awesome and younger than he really is...my first post gave the link to his stats..and his birth date fool...ha

as this post has gone on...i have been the one to gain traction wit my argument....i've pulled out stats...people against me have only given opinion...at the end of the day...noboy gives a [censored] about your opinion in 100 years....but i'd be happy if it did...because that would be fair...as it would be on record...other than people looking at cold hard facts...

Jamar has already turned 26 last month...but good on ya...for thinking he's awesome and younger than he really is...my first post gave the link to his stats..and his birth date fool...ha

as this post has gone on...i have been the one to gain traction wit my argument....i've pulled out stats...people against me have only given opinion...at the end of the day...noboy gives a [censored] about your opinion in 100 years....but i'd be happy if it did...because that would be fair...as it would be on record...other than people looking at cold hard facts...

Isn't this great?

What has happened to Demonland in the last few weeks?

The strikerate on here has certainly diminished, and 45HG16 and I have had a few laughs but it's frustrating to say the least.

What can anyone say about the 'Kaiser Chief' generation?

"It's cool to know nothing..."

Isn't this great?

What has happened to Demonland in the last few weeks?

The strikerate on here has certainly diminished, and 45HG16 and I have had a few laughs but it's frustrating to say the least.

What can anyone say about the 'Kaiser Chief' generation?

"It's cool to know nothing..."

nobody asks you to put posts on this site..but if u don't know your facts....then your really going to sound stupid...i get the feeling your not really as stupid as you sound...

nobody asks you to put posts on this site..but if u don't know your facts....then your really going to sound stupid...i get the feeling your not really as stupid as you sound...

After reading your posts on this thread I doubt that anyone could make the same argument on your behalf.

After reading your posts on this thread I doubt that anyone could make the same argument on your behalf.

ha...i think you'll find i've used stats, available in the public domain to backup my argument/opinion...now for some reason...when someone doesn't like what i'm saying...they simiply turn to having a personal attack at me and clearly loose focus of what putting posts on this site is all about....thanks for reading my posts though.

ha...i think you'll find i've used stats, available in the public domain to backup my argument/opinion...now for some reason...when someone doesn't like what i'm saying...they simiply turn to having a personal attack at me and clearly loose focus of what putting posts on this site is all about....thanks for reading my posts though.

Stats give you a limited view of what occurs in a game of and if that's all you can base you argument on you obviously don't know much about football.

Stats don't tell you that the ruckman hit the body of the opposition player so hard and so often he rendered him useless and in fact he had to miss the following week. Where do you find that sort of thing out in your stats list?

Try going to the game and opening you eyes.