Be Barry Prendergast for a day!

Dee tention

TRADE WEEK

Jamar, Rivers and Pick 34 to Port Adelaide for Pick 8 and Pick 24.

OR

Jamar, Rivers and Pick 34 to Hawthorn for Pick 9 and Pick 25.

DRAFT DAY Picks 1, 2, 8/9, 18, 24/25, 50

1. Scully

2. Trengove

8/9. Tapscott

18. Panos (or best available KP)

24/25. Majak Daw

50. Mathew Smith

Rookie

Dylan Grimes

PSD

best available (Jurrah MkII)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hangon007
TRADE WEEK

Jamar, Rivers and Pick 34 to Port Adelaide for Pick 8 and Pick 24.

OR

Jamar, Rivers and Pick 34 to Hawthorn for Pick 9 and Pick 25.

DRAFT DAY Picks 1, 2, 8/9, 18, 24/25, 50

1. Scully

2. Trengove

8/9. Tapscott

18. Panos (or best available KP)

24/25. Majak Daw

50. Mathew Smith

Rookie

Dylan Grimes

PSD

best available (Jurrah MkII)

Need a clearer picture ... need more information

What other players do you plan do delist? ... by my calculations you are 2 short.

Plus you're not upgrading any rookies ... right.

Gone - Whelan, Robertson, Wheatley - Traded = Rivers + Jamar = Total 5

Edited by hangon007

I wouldn't be trading Rivers or Jamar unless they wanted out. I'd rather see trades involving Johnson, Bell, Bartram and possibly Jones if the FD were wanting another 1st round pick. In the event we pick up a late 1st round or early 2nd round am hoping BP considers Vardy, Craig, Carlisle, Panos, Talia, or Duncan.

I'd say people considering drafting Majak Daw at best is a 4th or 5th rounder, but realistically expect him to be rookied by a club. Dylan Grimes is probably also a 4th of 5th round pick, however can't see him developing into a key position, rather a HBF or back flanker.

Edited by The O

Newton to West Coast for pick 71 (we wont use)

Bell to Port Adelaide for pick 72 (we wont use)

Miller, Valenti, Hughes, Zomer, Healey delist.

Spencer promote.

McKenzie another year on rookie list.

NATIONAL DRAFT PICKS:

1. Scully

2. Trengove

18. Panos, Carlisle or Vardy

34. Daw

PSD PICKS:

1. A. Silvagni

ROOKIE PICKS:

D. Grimes

other best available (at least one ruck)

NATIONAL DRAFT

1- Scully

2- Trengrove

34- KPP

50- ??

PSD

Forward around 25-26 years old to replace robbo

DELIST/RETIRE

Robbo, wheels, wheats, Bartram/Bell

Trade pick 18 + Jamar to Port for Pearce/Selopek/Boak + 3rd round

I think Bailey could get the best out of the Port players

Retired or Delist

Robertson Whelan Wheatley

Trade or Delist

Miller Bell (find away) Valenti Zomer Healey

Trade or Keep

Johnson Spencer Bartrum Jamar Dunn Jones Buckley Bail Bruce Newton (hope to drop at less two)

Bate or Rivers (for the right price)

picks 18, 34 and 50( as part of package deal)

should open up 7 spots on list and three on rookie list

Draft

1. Scully

2. Butcher

18. Stevens (depends on trade week)

34. Daw or Fiztpatrick (depends on trade week)

50. Grimes (depend on trade week

PSD pick 1

1. best available

Promote Spencer (depends on trade week)

Rookie

at less one ruckman.

Edited by tatu

Need a clearer picture ... need more information

What other players do you plan do delist? ... by my calculations you are 2 short.

Plus you're not upgrading any rookies ... right.

Gone - Whelan, Robertson, Wheatley - Traded = Rivers + Jamar = Total 5

Not sure if Sydney would be upto it. But very possible! Miller and Valenti for Pick 22.

If Miller cant be traded. Possibly delist. Meesen delist for sure. Johnson i would like to keep but is likely to be moved on.

Bell trade for late draft pick we pass on.

That should be more than enough I would think!

NATIONAL DRAFT

1- Scully

2- Trengrove

34- KPP

50- ??

PSD

Forward around 25-26 years old to replace robbo

DELIST/RETIRE

Robbo, wheels, wheats, Bartram/Bell

Trade pick 18 + Jamar to Port for Pearce/Selopek/Boak + 3rd round

I think Bailey could get the best out of the Port players

If we draft Scully and Trengove i cant see any of those Port players likely. We need to keep Pick 18 for a KP. You could be right though if we take Butcher at pick 2. I hope not though!

Can we please not trade Jamar or Rivers just to collect draft picks?

Agreed. It is such a high risk strategy. We know what we are going to get with Jamar and Rivers and that is good solid best 18 players in very important positions.

We have absolutely no coverage for Jamar and it would be MADNESS to trade him! I would be furious as it would compromise everything we have done in the last couple of years. Rivers we can cover but it would be like trading away Woey and what a disaster that was (we got a nice first round pick who turned into a massive let down! and it tore the club apart).

We have stockpiled enough picks - now we just need to develop what we have. Bag me all you want but i hope we do nothing in trade week (except maybe get new homes for our fringe players and maybe threaten preseason draft to get someone on the cheap)

TRADE MILLER FOR PICK 41 TO HAWKS

1 SCULLY

2 TRENGROVE\MORABITO

18 KEY FORWARD

34 KEY FORWARD

41 PACEY MIDFIELDER

50 PACEY MIDFIELDER (UNLESS WE ARE CERTAIN WE CAN GET A BETTER ONE AT THE PSD)

ELAVATE SPENCER

PSD (SEE PICK 50)

DELIST NEWTON\BARTRAM, MCNAMARA, BAIL, VALENTI, ZOMER, HUGHES

ROOKIE

RUCKMAN

MATTHEWS (MATURE AGED ROOKIE)

MCNAMARA

BAIL

Edited by BROCKSTAR5

Agreed. It is such a high risk strategy. We know what we are going to get with Jamar and Rivers and that is good solid best 18 players in very important positions.

We have absolutely no coverage for Jamar and it would be MADNESS to trade him! I would be furious as it would compromise everything we have done in the last couple of years. Rivers we can cover but it would be like trading away Woey and what a disaster that was (we got a nice first round pick who turned into a massive let down! and it tore the club apart).

We have stockpiled enough picks - now we just need to develop what we have. Bag me all you want but i hope we do nothing in trade week (except maybe get new homes for our fringe players and maybe threaten preseason draft to get someone on the cheap)

Agree, agree, agree!

Rivers especially is a required player. In 3or 4 years he will be a 100+ game player and his cool head and maturity may be guiding us towards the last Saturday in September, (same with Jamar).

You know what you've got with these two. Trade 'em and you enter the lottery.

Both players have the ability to play in a top side - and it should be ours!

I might be wrong if the rule has been changed, but I thought any draft pick received from a trade had to be used.

I believe the fairly bone-headed rule has been changed. I think the Steven King trade featured pick 90 which Geelong didn't use (from memory).

Guest hangon007
I might be wrong if the rule has been changed, but I thought any draft pick received from a trade had to be used.

I'm pretty sure this rule changed ... to "encourage sides to trade"

The rule has been changed; you no longer have to use picks that you get in trades.

Can we please not trade Jamar or Rivers just to collect draft picks?

Jamar has played above himself...he's crap...i was sitting behind the goals at the saints vs dees last round...jamar was on nick riewoldt in the goal square and elbowed him...gave away a free. the guy is a dud.

Jamar has played above himself...he's crap...i was sitting behind the goals at the saints vs dees last round...jamar was on nick riewoldt in the goal square and elbowed him...gave away a free. the guy is a dud.

you did understand the context of that day ?? Think maybe Russian was just helping Roo on his way.. after all he wasnt doing too well for most of it :lol: ..roo that is

you did understand the context of that day ?? Think maybe Russian was just helping Roo on his way.. after all he wasnt doing too well for most of it :lol: ..roo that is

ha...nah...jamar had a brain snap...

good players rarely get sucked in...and made a fool of....or make a fool of themseleves...

TRADE MILLER FOR PICK 41 TO HAWKS

1 SCULLY

2 TRENGROVE\MORABITO

18 KEY FORWARD

34 KEY FORWARD

41 PACEY MIDFIELDER

50 PACEY MIDFIELDER (UNLESS WE ARE CERTAIN WE CAN GET A BETTER ONE AT THE PSD)

ELAVATE SPENCER

PSD (SEE PICK 50)

DELIST NEWTON\BARTRAM, MCNAMARA, BAIL, VALENTI, ZOMER, HUGHES

ROOKIE

RUCKMAN

MATTHEWS (MATURE AGED ROOKIE)

MCNAMARA

BAIL

With the draft being so thin this year.

If MFC delist McNamara and Bail, they won't be there for our rookie picks.

Trade B.Miller to Tigers for pick 35.

1 Scully

2 Trengove or Morabito

18 KPP (Carlisle)

34 T.Colyer (if not best available - midfielder with pace)

35 Daw

50 Pass

PSD #1 Best Available

Delist: Bartram, Bell, Bail, Valenti, Zomer, Hughes.

Robbo, Wheatley & Whelan already gone.

6 Delistings; 6 Drafted (5 x ND;1 x PSD)

New Rookies: 1st pick rookie ruckman

Edited by High Tower