The Anthony Morabito thread

DemonDan...

This year I'm thinking

1. Scully (Melbourne)

2. Trengove (Melbourne)

3. Moore (Richmond) *Trust me Richmond will stuff this up! ;)

4. Morabito (Fremantle)

5. Butcher (North Melbourne)

6. Lucas (West Coast)

7. Rohan (Sydney)

8. Talia (Essendon)

9. Tapscott (Port Adelaide)

10. Cunnington (Hawthorn)

And pick 7 is a gem yet again? Rohan has star written all over him, and will make instant impact, like Ziebell and Rich.

No Martin in there is an oversight, for mine. If he WERE to go past 10, it would be an absolute steal. If he went to pick 18 I'd pass out from joy...

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
It is the easiest thing in the world to pick which talented 18 year olds will become better players than others.

That is what I am gleaning from the nonsense in this thread.

Spot on. The top picks give us the best chance at a gun or two but it doesn't make it a done deal. Just like last year we won't know if we did the right thing for a couple of years.

And pick 7 is a gem yet again? Rohan has star written all over him, and will make instant impact, like Ziebell and Rich.

No Martin in there is an oversight, for mine. If he WERE to go past 10, it would be an absolute steal. If he went to pick 18 I'd pass out from joy...

Yes it would be. Rohan could probably go as high as 3 but I just don't trust Richmond with their recruiting. Picks 1 - 10 are now set once we loose today looking:

1. Melbourne

2. Melbourne

3. Richmond

4. Fremantle

5. North Melbourne

6. Sydney

7. West Coast

8. Port Adelaide

9. Hawthorn

10. Essendon (assuming they loose to Adelaide week 1 of finals)

Only change I could see to those picks will be if Sydney or Hawthorn trade for Lake and Bulldogs end up with a top 10 pick.

Martin I reckon will go 6 - 12, although both West Coast and Port will be keen to take locals and if the Bulldogs do have a top 10 pick will be desperate for Talia.

As for Morabito though, I reckon he's a lock on pick 4!

You clearly have been sucked in by a couple of highlights on a reel, and are now skewing the facts drastically to suit your own bias.

The proof? ANYONE who claims pick 1 will be better than pick 2, or pick 2 than pick 3 is nuts. You can tell VERY little at this stage. It's all educated guesses.

DD.. i really was playing it up a bit.. having a [censored]-stir with the ultra serious High tower.

But Since you nibbled..

I'll ask:

-Have you watched it? It was a news piece, not highlights. At the end.

-He spoke in present tense.. "i have been trying to improve"- how can i skew the facts, its a quote!!

-Why bring it up at all, if its not an issue, or something to address??

It was High Tower, at the top of the page who claimed that Trengove, also in that news piece, said he had toughened up now (that it was history.)

Trengove in fact did not mention this at all.

Its a case of High tower skewing the facts or rather, forcing his opinions on others.

(like i said in the Trengove thread, hopefully he can make going hard into a strength, 2nd nature.

I'll be happy with Morabito / Trengove at the Dees - just prefer Mora ATM)

Edited by DemonDan...

how can i skew the facts, its a quote!!

You're carrying on as if people somehow manage to always communicate their messages completely as intended. We make minor mistakes with our language use constantly - particularly with a tense complex language like English, and particulalry in spoken communiques.

You are skewing the "facts" by projecting or implying what was really meant to be said. Why on earth would he seriously want to highlight a lack of courage? And, would you really want or expect him to say "I used to be a wuss, but now I'm the toughest person man on the park"?

I'll give Jack the benefit of the doubt and assume that how he said what he said wasn't strictly correct for the message he wanted to communicate. He doesn't need to say he has no issues now in going for the hardball, his play says it for him. That will do me.

Now stop derailing these threads with your egregiously irrelevant semantics and stop wasting pages of valuable virtual space - And our not so virtual time.

Edited by Ho Chi Dee

WA Draft camp invitees:

Travis Colyer, Nat Fyfe, Gerrick Weedon, Nicholas Winmar (Claremont), Lewis Jetta (Swan Districts), Mark Hutchings, Mitch Duncan (East Perth), Anthony Morabito, Aaron Black (Peel), Josh Donaldson, Anthony Delborello (West Perth), Kane Lucas, Brad Sheppard (East Fremantle).

Only one, from Swan Districts, this season? Still, I suppose the AFL drafted half of last years team.

Edited by AdamFarr

You're carrying on as if people somehow manage to always communicate their messages completely as intended. We make minor mistakes with our language use constantly - particularly with a tense complex language like English, and particulalry in spoken communiques.

You are skewing the "facts" by projecting or implying what was really meant to be said. Why on earth would he seriously want to highlight a lack of courage? And, would you really want or expect him to say "I used to be a wuss, but now I'm the toughest person man on the park"?

I'll give Jack the benefit of the doubt and assume that how he said what he said wasn't strictly correct for the message he wanted to communicate. He doesn't need to say he has no issues now in going for the hardball, his play says it for him. That will do me.

Now stop derailing these threads with your egregiously irrelevant semantics and stop wasting pages of valuable virtual space - And our not so virtual time.

EH? your describing your own post..

Edited by DemonDan...

-Have you watched it? It was a news piece, not highlights.

Yes. Have you? There was footage of him playing. Besides, I watched other footage and have based my opinions on that. He has a dip, nothing flaky/flashy and outside about him (though he can do a bit of that too). He was surrounded and smashed, or the one doing the smashing in just about every passage of play.

-He spoke in present tense.. "i have been trying to improve"- how can i skew the facts, its a quote!!

Jesus you are the ultimate wally. He's talking...

TALKING!!!!

Kids come on the tele and run out the same tired dialogue because that's what they're told to do. Have you ever wondered why prepared statements are the only time footballers use words longer than 7 letters? He spoke in the present tense MAYBE because he wanted to get across that he was working on his game, not that he was a wuss when he was a kid. Maybe he was trying to HIGHLIGHT the fact he was hard at it? How do you know? You're not psychic.

-Why bring it up at all, if its not an issue, or something to address??

Because NOBODY CARES WHAT COMES OUT OF FOOTBALLERS' MOUTHS!!!

Look at the footage. Watch him play. Then comment on what you've seen. Otherwise, stop wasting everyone's time.

I'll be happy with Morabito / Trengove at the Dees - just prefer Mora ATM)

Why didn't you just leave it at that then? That's the only moderately interesting thing you've said.

DD.. i really was playing it up a bit.. having a [censored]-stir with the ultra serious High tower.

HT farts more interesting things than your contributions to this thread.

computer_geek.jpg

Sam Blease @ home typing demonland posts. ;)

Classic. :lol:

The Blease will be unleashed in 2010

Having seen this kid play live on several occassions most don't yet fully appreciate what a game breaking excitement machine we actually have on our list.

All reports are positive on his recovery & tipped to be cherry ripe for a big pre-season.

HT farts more interesting things than your contributions to this thread.

Is this really HTs mucho, jock, alter-ego?

Considering your statement above,

i wonder why you dedicated half a page and all that time responding to me.. :wacko:

anthonymorabito246c.jpg

DemonDan....feel free to copy this to the opening post of thread, it's better suited there.

thanks 'mate'

High Tower:

Am i surprised you have come across a picture like this?

Sadly, No.

-Seriously, thats a bad angle-

Edited by DemonDan...

Classic. :lol:

The Blease will be unleashed in 2010

Having seen this kid play live on several occassions most don't yet fully appreciate what a game breaking excitement machine we actually have on our list.

All reports are positive on his recovery & tipped to be cherry ripe for a big pre-season.

Bingo.

If the kid gets his body right, it'll be like having another Davey..

Pls keep us informed if you hear anything. ;)

High Tower:

Am i surprised you have come across a picture like this?

Why is that DemonDan? I've said from the start pick 2 is a toss up between Morabito & Trengove for me. I just lean towards Trengove for leadership. But I'll put my faith in the FD to make the best decision for the club.

They both impress me fwiw.

Sadly, No.

-Seriously, thats a bad angle-

yeah I know, doesn't do him justice....one of these then...

morabitoanthony.jpg

morabito.jpg

Edited by High Tower