• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Anthony Morabito thread

DemonDan...

Morabito is nowhere near Trengove. His ability to hit targets is questionable at best, he's selfish, and finally he is nowhere near as hard at it as Trengove. We don't need any flashy hit and miss players with our number two selection thankyou very much. I want a no frills surefire gun. Scully > Trengove > Daylight > Rest of U/18 midfielders. That's just my opinion of course :rolleyes:

You got no idea :huh:

watch this

http://www.footballnation.com.au/the-afl-d...thony-morabito/

6th game.. no.16

Mate I saw that, along with his game against V.C at Etihad, along with his game against West Perth...and guess what? I still don't rate him! I am not being sucked into this hype surrounding his 'potential upside' and his amazing 'athletic abilities'. I am sick of watching players get drafted on potential and athletic ability. If you can't kick, I don't want you playing for the MFC. It is time to get some pure footballers at this club.

You got no idea :huh:

watch this

http://www.footballnation.com.au/the-afl-d...thony-morabito/

6th game.. no.16

Hmmm. We know he is capable of great thing's...(in the U/18's). But I feel he will be one of those risky players that will either be something special, or really disappoint. Hence this "X factor" the general public have seemed to place upon him.

I wouldn't be able to handle Melbourne picking a risky player. After seeing Trengove and hearing about his dominance in the SANFL I feel he is the one we should pick.

I believe he is the safer option and in my opinion he is a better all round player.

Will let you in on a little something. Take it as you like...

We won't be drafting from WA with pick 2 in the draft.

Edited by stevethemanjordan

Mate I saw that, along with his game against V.C at Etihad, along with his game against West Perth...and guess what? I still don't rate him! I am not being sucked into this hype surrounding his 'potential upside' and his amazing 'athletic abilities'. I am sick of watching players get drafted on potential and athletic ability. If you can't kick, I don't want you playing for the MFC. It is time to get some pure footballers at this club.

WTF??

He kicks fine! and both feet!

Sure you know who we're talking about?

WTF??

He kicks fine! and both feet!

Sure you know who we're talking about?

His kicking ACTION is fine. He can't hit targets and often looks rushed. It's only my opinion, I have never rated him...not everyone has to agree Dan! Deemissioner out.

no [censored] were talking to all prospective top draft picks, the question is what you think if we take him over trengove?
Both players have been discussed as No2's in the draft. If anything Trengove has probably shaded Morabito with regard to leadership attributes. Melbourne are doing their due diligence before the draft. They would be crazy not to talk him. Some perth journo probably just got excited with demon heirarchy in WA.

His kicking ACTION is fine. He can't hit targets and often looks rushed. It's only my opinion, I have never rated him...not everyone has to agree Dan! Deemissioner out.

You got ONE thing right.

Here, have a look at this where Trengove admits he's a wuss and until recently scared to attack the ball hard!!

I want someone who goes when its their turn.. Mora will do that..

Edited by DemonDan...

Not sure where the opening poster is coming from, Morabito has been well spoken on this forum for the No2 pick just as much as Trengove.

You reckon?

read all the draft posts for the last 2 days ;)

He didn't even have his own thread - i had to start this one..

my 1st so go easy on me

Edited by DemonDan...

You got ONE thing right. Here, have a look at this where Trengove admits he's a wuss and until recently scared to attack the ball hard!!
I want someone who goes when its their turn.. Mora will do that..
Seriously you need to check your facts.

You reckon? read all the draft posts for the last 2 days ;) He didn't even have his own thread - i had to start this one.. my 1st so go easy on me
There are already threads on him. Both in this forum and the message board. You have created his own. Good for you. Yes I have read the threads and also viewed the footage. I have also taken note of what has actually been said. You?

Hmmm. We know he is capable of great thing's...(in the U/18's). But I feel he will be one of those risky players that will either be something special, or really disappoint. Hence this "X factor" the general public have seemed to place upon him.

I wouldn't be able to handle Melbourne picking a risky player. After seeing Trengove and hearing about his dominance in the SANFL I feel he is the one we should pick.

I believe he is the safer option and in my opinion he is a better all round player.

Will let you in on a little something. Take it as you like...

We won't be drafting from WA with pick 2 in the draft.

Sometimes the obvious choices are indeed the best ones. Take last years draft for example. To me, the obvious choices for players who were clearly standouts, but had questions marks on them for either being a little slow or over developed for their age were Rich and Hurley. They both look like they are going to be 10- 15 year guns for their sides. While the likes of Watts, Nat, Hill and Yarran were probably selected more on potential and a couple may never reach expectations.

The obvious in this draft seems to be Scully and Trengrove, and i would also throw Dustin Martin in there as well. Picking the likes of Morabito, Butcher or Rohan to me are "potential" picks, and as we already picked Watts as an upside pick last year, i would much prefer the club to go with the two obvious choices this time around.

Seriously you need to check your facts.

I can tell from the photos of Trengove in your thread- ya have a Bromance going on..

Dont get offended. And no use going around dumping on my posts-

The kid needs to toughen up. No-ones saying he wont..

I can tell from the photos of Trengove in your thread- ya have a Bromance going on.. Dont get offended. And no use going around dumping on my posts- The kid needs to toughen up. No-ones saying he wont..
I suggest you review footage again and this time listen. Before telling untruths. As Brockstar5 told you in another thread, he referred to being bit of a woos in his childhood, he's now harder which he also said. Get it right.

I suggest you review footage again and this time listen. Before telling untruths. As Brockstar5 told you in another thread, he referred to being bit of a woos in his childhood, he's now harder which he also said. Get it right.

Calm down Tiger.

We covered this in the other thread.

repeat (just for you HT):

He's been trying to improve on that aspect of the game - which clearly indicates that it is still an issue and something that he needs to address in his prep for a game, mentally..

He wasn't hard at the ball while younger and is still addressing this.

Get it? Its something he still works on.. from his childhood..

Edited by DemonDan...

Calm down Tiger. We covered this in the other thread. repeat (just for you HT): He's been trying to improve on that aspect of the game - which clearly indicates that it is still an issue and something that he needs to address in his prep for a game, mentally.. He wasn't hard at the ball while younger and is still addressing this. Get it? Its something he still works on.. from his childhood..
Nice try. :lol:

There are already threads on him. Both in this forum and the message board. You have created his own. Good for you. Yes I have read the threads and also viewed the footage. I have also taken note of what has actually been said. You?

Have you seen a show called 'The big bang theory' - cause i think your one of those four guys HT

...anyone of them.. :blink:

Edited by DemonDan...

Interesting, Trengove and Tapscott are best mates. If Tapscott slipped down the pecking order somehow, I wouldn't mind drafting him. Especially, if we get a quality player, who will also keep Jack happy.

EDIT: What the heck did I post in this thread for? It's supposed to go in the Trengove thread. Oh well.

Edited by AdamFarr

Interesting, Trengove and Tapscott are best mates. If Tapscott slipped down the pecking order somehow, I wouldn't mind drafting him. Especially, if we get a quality player, who will also keep Jack happy.

Mmmmm, it would really suck if Tappscott got drafted by Port or the Crows. Then I wouldn't be able to see how we could keep Trengove after 2/3 years.

i am not a fan of morabito at all.. i almost wish freo had pick 2 and we had 3 to insure we get trengove.. if we tanked that whole time to waste it on morabito ill be pretty [censored] off.. i am sure he will be good.. but id much prefer trengove or the butch

The kid needs to toughen up. No-ones saying he wont..

From what I've seen, and what I've heard, his toughness and love for the contest are a hallmark of his game. You only need to scratch the surface to see this...

repeat (just for you HT):

He's been trying to improve on that aspect of the game - which clearly indicates that it is still an issue

This clearly indicates NOTHING. He's talking. Watch him when he's around the football, instead of listening to accounts...

Jeez. Use your eyes mate. The guy is a superb kick, to go along with the fact he can keep up with Morabito in any other aspect.

You clearly have been sucked in by a couple of highlights on a reel, and are now skewing the facts drastically to suit your own bias.

The proof? ANYONE who claims pick 1 will be better than pick 2, or pick 2 than pick 3 is nuts. You can tell VERY little at this stage. It's all educated guesses.

Edited by Dappa Dan