Melbourne squad v Roos

titan_uranus

AFL website said Seaby from West coast has asked to be traded.......... maybe a ready made replacement??????

I'd prefer PJ over Seaby. At least he has some upside...Seaby, frankly has bugger all.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see McNamara make the side. Was very impressed with him earlier this year. Good size, moves and reads play very well, uses the footy nicely and is a lovely strong mark. Can drift forward for a goal too.

Final bench in my mind will most likely be Johnson, Sylvia, Petterd and Dunn, although i'd be happy with any other combination from the extended bench. Be nice to see it read Buckley, Bail, McNamara, Sylvia.

I love Beamer, but i'd prefer them to be extra cautious with any groin related issues he has, given his history. Dunn and Petterd might just be carrying something, so could open up a spot for a debutant.

And on PJ, i've always been a big wrap for him, and despite his poor form, i don't think he's played his last game just yet. If he isn't part of our future plans, he'll be offered up as trade bait at seasons end, even for a very late pick. We as a club are not in a financial position to be paying out player contracts prematurely, so keeping him on next year for depth purposes at best seems most likely.

And we have played that ground over the years so beautifully ;) !!!

yes with any luck we'll get lost in the mist !! :lol: or play that marvelous style of kicking diagonally from one flank to the other...worked a treat when wearing pyjamas against the Sainters last year... :rolleyes:

Hopefuly Beamer is allowed to 'recover'. I too would be very surprised if McNamara played...stil if he did it might limit rotations a bit.. thatd be a shame :unsure:

PJ will probably play out the year... its just a raffle as to what position hhehhe :lol:

Stil a couple of days to go really..who knows what lurgies are ready to pounce ??

I still think North will be trying though..unlike those ratbags from out west next week :o

Its a hard call on COl really. Hes beocmes a victim of his own good intentions now. This is indeed a true test of his maturity . In not bringing him inthis week allows it as easier not to name him agaisnt freo then we are realy playing footy-chess arent we. If he can see that his good playing of recent is a threat to our longer term goals than he is to be truly thanked.

PJ starting at Casey ? Hmm..well makes for an interesting game at the Dome !!. Sure going to be another fascinating game ( from a strategems/tactics point of view ) whilst unfortunately adding to the painof those that need weekly nourishment of the immediate win nature.

Love that Frawley has been named on the centre line. Why not give him a crack there. he didn't get a chance last week. I bet Dunn wants to have another cack at Harvey after what Harvey came out and said after last years game about him. r was it round 1 this year. Anyway lets see what moves ABiley does again. Also a shame that Jurrah isn't back.

In this day and age actually putting names to a postion ona team sheet is al but worthless. How they line up is totally at the coaches discretion prior to the bounce. Putting any faith in the published list as to how the team will play is a fruitless exercise. Once it meant something...now its a teamlist...if that !!

In this day and age actually putting names to a postion ona team sheet is al but worthless. How they line up is totally at the coaches discretion prior to the bounce. Putting any faith in the published list as to how the team will play is a fruitless exercise. Once it meant something...now its a teamlist...if that !!

Very true.

But just on this Frawley on the wing idea. Anyone else think that James - with his speed, attack on the footy and man, and defensive capabilities - could be a decent run-with player in the future?

If Pavlich goes into the midfield next week, I know who I would be trialling on him.

Hope we see Buckley play. He's exciting, good to watch and prone to messing up. Just what we need.

Buckley's trademark ability to turn the ball over just as all our numbers are pushing forward would prove invaluable :lol:

I'd prefer T.McNamara, R.Bail, P.Johnson, and S.Buckley.

Give Sylvia one more week. ;)

Good idea. 3 weeks from the AFL tribunal. 1. week from the MFC leadership group, and 1. week from the 'MFC Supporters'... :lol:

Hopefully Col's learnt his lesson..

I would think that Bails will continue the exercise of moving some players into various positions to see what they can and cant do...mostl likely with a bias to leave them where they arent doing to well...just to be sure thats the case ;)

id like to see Martin put into a 'roving' follwer type role..just to see if he can play smalland well below his knees.. would be invaluable knowledge going forward...ne c'est pas ?? :rolleyes::lol:

Ayone else curious how Davey would go in the back pocket ?? No ?? lol

I think everyone should have at least 5 mins in the ruck...then select the worst 9 to rotate through it next week !!

I think the first quarter ought to be worked out alphabeticaly... Starting from the back poscket and workign around. Second quarter by age, third by birthdays and the final by their starsign !! if any of this unfortuantely comes close to requiring an after siren goal again then all players to be instructed to kick wrong footed and those that are just too damn good to be resticted to handballs only...except Cam as he will prove dilligent in the 'correct' disposal technique regardless :lol:

Another interesting exercise would be to have OUR teamline up across the ground instead of up and down it..its al just experimentation after all folks ;)

I can't wait until this season is over.

nor I

in all seriousness... as much as can be garnered in such circumstances I am inlclined to think it will be possible Sylvia and Petterd to miss out. If you include Col this wek youd have to in all reality have him in next week too. Ricky -starting to show some form again... cant have that either.

Yep this all sux to the max doesnt it. Still , im looking forward to the draft and trade week and have my eyes firmly on 2010. All else in the meantime is an exercise in going through the motions.

Folks...you have a simple choice..you can let it get to you and you end up with yor grundies in a twist and feeling bitter towwards this game/club etc ..or....you can embrace this farce for whatit is... A set of circumstances thrust upon us and not entirely in our control and one that we must make the bestfist of for our own good. Its a game within a game. So far.so good B)

Surely Sylvia will play :unsure:

The guy's done his penance, keeping him out of the team any longer's just going to make him angrier..Be fair Dean!

Plus i mean, he's better than about 5 or 6 of the other blokes in the 22 put together.

Surely Sylvia will play :unsure:

The guy's done his penance, keeping him out of the team any longer's just going to make him angrier..Be fair Dean!

Plus i mean, he's better than about 5 or 6 of the other blokes in the 22 put together.

youre not quite getting it I think...

If Moloney or Petterd have niggling injuries, they shouldn't be played. Their importance to the team next year and beyond is far, far greater than any benefit of playing them this weekend.

I really, really want McNamara to play. And I really, really don't want Johnson to play. Especially given that if he doesn't, Spencer will get some more valuable game time.

youre not quite getting it I think...

No mate I understand perfectly.

He's done his time, he was one of the best at Casey on the weekend, he deserves a recall. I just would hate to see him ask for a trade now, after all that's happened...

We can't keep him out of the team any longer. Collecting a bloke behind the play isn't a capital offence last time i checked....

I just would hate to see him ask for a trade now, after all that's happened...

I'm not worried about that but I think Sylvia should play for different reasons. He still needs games under his belt and finish the year strong.

Senior players don't need that so Sylvia IN, Davey OUT.

No mate I understand perfectly.

He's done his time, he was one of the best at Casey on the weekend, he deserves a recall. I just would hate to see him ask for a trade now, after all that's happened...

We can't keep him out of the team any longer. Collecting a bloke behind the play isn't a capital offence last time i checked....

Ask for a trade? You're jumping at shadows.

You've been spooked by that ridiculous post about Sylvia hypothetically asking for a trade due to the "disrespect" of not being put straight back in the side.

As if half a season of good form has earned it.

You are aware it has now been revealed he had 'carry-over' points with the leadership group after other indiscretions, similar to the tribunal?

If the MFC as a club panders to players whims and is not willing to leave a player out for one match for fear they will leave, then we will truly be in a lot of trouble...

The club is bigger than any one man and the tail does not wag the dog.