Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully Cup Discussion

Mousey

Ziebell and Scully future is dam scarey and i think the Roos know this secretly too! I think the roos are "tanking" just as much as us so should be pleasant viewing again!

You could not be more wrong about the Roos. They are definitely not tanking. They are trying to win each and every game. The players could not finish the Blues with 16 inside 50s.

Take a Bex and lie down.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

North should beat us anyways. North are 1.38 favourites, have beaten us every time since 2006 and we play crap at Docklands (and away generally). They have a possibility of beating Port (at AAMI) and West Coast (at subi). I think we can be pretty confident that North are not going to stand in our way for bottom of the ladder.

I'd be worried about Freo more, if they lose this week to Port and in round 21 to Essendon and we beat them, it could be a race for percentage, where the lowest wins bottom of the ladder. We still should get the priority which makes us get Scully (assuming he is the best) but could miss out on the second pick to Freo.

Do you guys think Freo will win against Port or Ess? I assume everyone thinks we will beat Freo at the G.

play everyone out of position... invent diseases for players.. lose some in airports... tell others theyre bad boys and have to stay in their rooms. I really couldnt care less. We must lose this game..that is our only desirable outcome... the media and al can go jump. By all means kill off the PP next season. But weve had to work within the sytem as it exists to date so they better not tinker with it til seasons end. They created teh monster we just have to deal with it.

So they call it tanking..who cares.. They would ALL do it if in this position. Any one of them that says otherwise is just full of shite..simple as that.

This is about us...not them.. I Dont care about them !!

Nowhere to hide?? who needs to hide.. come on Bailey... YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What effect will all this talk have on the players morale?

I think it could go either way for them. They might just prove to have the killer instinct that we want them too. They could say to each other bugger the Media and bugger the coaching staff we alone can put this tanking talk to bed by going out playing good footy and winning two more games.

Or it could go the other way and they could think well even our club doesn't want us to win why bother busting our gut all week at training and putting our bodies on the line game day.

Either way football is fickle and come finals time no-one will care about tanking and come round1 and even pre-season next year the players will have forgotten about all this and will be doing there all to improve individually and collectively.

One of my concerns is that we hold them back for another loss this week and then we roll Freo. 4 wins, Carlton next. There's not a player in the comp who wouldn't want to smash Carlton. This is the danger game for mine. I think North will beat us, but Carlton makes me nervous.

North should beat us anyways. North are 1.38 favourites, have beaten us every time since 2006 and we play crap at Docklands (and away generally). They have a possibility of beating Port (at AAMI) and West Coast (at subi). I think we can be pretty confident that North are not going to stand in our way for bottom of the ladder.

North are $1.38 for good reason. The bookies in this case don't have deep pockets. They'd be crazy to give better odds considering of all the talk happening.

The one thing that is stopping them from closing their books for games involving the Dees and Freo is that - PLAYERS DON'T TANK.

The more I think about it, I cant see us having a win against NM or Carlton.

Richmond were absolutely pathetic on Sunday and I struggle to believe that either NM and Carlton which have something to play for would be as bad as the Tigers.

Yes there is a risk but if we can orchestra an outcome like the Tigers match then we should be able to handle these two games.

Yes there is a risk but if we can orchestra an outcome like the Tigers match then we should be able to handle these two games.

I'd like the orchestra to be played a little earlier in the game to be honest.

The only reason Bailey pulled those moves on the weekend, was because Richmond were so rubbish it was all he could do within his power to hand them the game, and even then it was only pure luck that they snatched the win.

As far as I am concerned, Bailey may as well 'experiment' again this weekend. If he doesn't it will only make last week look worse, as if he were caught out so this week he is on his best behaviour. Just roll with it again Bails. Who cares if the world is watching us, just do your thing and to hell with the cynics.

I am not surprised some of the players are not happy with what took place. But they'll get over it.

North shouldn't be a problem because nobody could play as bad as Richmond did. Hopefully my confidence is justified.

And as far as I am concerned, the phrase "Tom Scully is rated by recruiters as high as Chris Judd was" makes me drool.

To borrow a line from Apocolypse Now, make it happen Bailey.............with extreme prejudice.

Im sure Bailey will play it by ear and have made sure he has insufficient manpower in reserve ;)

I am not surprised some of the players are not happy with what took place. But they'll get over it.

This could be an issue. Caroline Wilson is right onto it.

Interviewing players and airing their thoughts is not what the club needs from my point of view.

Edited by High Tower

The more I think about it, I cant see us having a win against NM or Carlton.

Richmond were absolutely pathetic on Sunday and I struggle to believe that either NM and Carlton which have something to play for would be as bad as the Tigers.

We were 2 seconds from winning that game. Bailey's holding back a pretty willing bunch of competitors. I'm hoping their foot will fall off the pedal. Can't wait to see us with a full fit list to choose from next year. We'll be alright.

We were 2 seconds from winning that game. Bailey's holding back a pretty willing bunch of competitors. I'm hoping their foot will fall off the pedal. Can't wait to see us with a full fit list to choose from next year. We'll be alright.

Reality check Roost It, I know where you are coming from but Richmond were pitiful to say the very least.

Reality check Roost It, I know where you are coming from but Richmond were pitiful to say the very least.

Had the coaching staff tried we would have played Sylvia and probably rolled them by 6 -8 goals. Our list is young and I'm confident we'll be a strong side in the year's to come.

play everyone out of position... invent diseases for players.. lose some in airports... tell others theyre bad boys and have to stay in their rooms. I really couldnt care less. We must lose this game..that is our only desirable outcome... the media and al can go jump. By all means kill off the PP next season. But weve had to work within the sytem as it exists to date so they better not tinker with it til seasons end. They created teh monster we just have to deal with it.

So they call it tanking..who cares.. They would ALL do it if in this position. Any one of them that says otherwise is just full of shite..simple as that.

This is about us...not them.. I Dont care about them !!

Nowhere to hide?? who needs to hide.. come on Bailey... YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it.

In case you haven't noticed, the best player so far from last year's draft is Daniel Rich and he went at pick 7. A bloke called Joel Selwood also went at pick 7 not too long ago.

Pick 1 or pick 3...irrelevant. You'll still get a good player.

What is relevant is getting two players as opposed to just one.

In case you haven't noticed, the best player so far from last year's draft is Daniel Rich and he went at pick 7. A bloke called Joel Selwood also went at pick 7 not too long ago.

No, what is relevant is getting Tom Scully plus pick 2 or 3, that's what matters.

Rich was picked in a "super draft" and had another club had pick 2 or 3 he would of gone earlier.

The other thing you haven't noticed is that Rich might win the rising star but it will be Watts who dominates the game in year's to come

Edited by Roost It

And Rich is being challenged as the best by Grimes who went at pick 14 in 2007.

I agree - it's not just about #1.

But because there is one standout player this year, who is ahead by an absolute mile from the rest of the pack, having pick one is equally as important as having two early picks, because it's possible that Tom Scully alone will end up a better player than picks 2 & 3 combined.

Having said that, it is also about getting two of the best kids to the club, not just one, and because there is no clear pick at number two, whether we have pick 2 or 3 or even 4 doesn't really matter a whole lot.

Of course having the first two picks gives us the luxury of getting exactly who we want. If we have picks 1 & 3, we might miss out on the guy we really wanted with pick 2, particularly if we want Morabito. However we'll end up with very good players regardless of whether we have pick 2 or 3.

No, what is relevant is getting Tom Scully plus pick 2 or 3, that's what matters.
I said two players, not one.

As for Scully, don't believe all the hype. You'll get a star at pick 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 this year I can assure you of that. It's still a good top order draft.

The other thing you haven't noticed is that Rich might win the rising star but it will be Watts who dominates the game in year's to come
In your dreams maybe. Edited by DeeBest

I said two players, not one.

As for Scully, don't believe all the hype. You'll get a star at pick 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 this year I can assure you of that. It's still a good top order draft.

In your dreams maybe.

So let me get this straight, Watts won't be a dominant player in the future (you saying the brilliant recruiting team of last year made a mistake? :o ) and we shouldn't believe the hype surrounding Scully even though you concede he'll go at 1, ahead of those other stars you're thinking of at pick 2,3,4,5 or 6?

:lol:

So let me get this straight, Watts won't be a dominant player in the future

I'm not convinced Watts will be a dominant player in the future no. A few players out of last years top 10 have stepped up and had a big impact already, Watts will be good, but I'm not sure he will have a better career than a few of those other guys.

We shouldn't believe the hype surrounding Scully even though you concede he'll go at 1, ahead of those other stars you're thinking of at pick 2,3,4,5 or 6?
He probably will go at pick 1, but if I had pick 2 or pick 3 or pick 4 I'd be just as happy with what Santa is going to deliver me.

Pick 1 is no where near as crucial as getting two presents on the big day instead of just one.

Hypothetically, if you could have EITHER:

- pick 1 only; OR

- picks 2 and 4

What would you choose?