Essendon V Melbourne @ Etihad

w00dy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any idea on a crown prediction for this game? I'm gonna go but not likely to sit anywhere ither than top level. Would tickets be a problem or could I just buy them at the gate without booking?

you should be able to get them at the gate, but get there early... i remember last year or the year before, I got there about 7.20 and they only had restricted view left... took about 10 minutes to line up too... you could end up with a really crappy spot if you don't get there early...

Tickets will also be a rip as usual.

****ing Etihad stadium.

I got members tickets for level 3 and they cost $3.60 each (no way am I paying over $50 for two people to sit on level 1).

The issue I had is that bloody ticketmaster charged me more in fees and handling charges, despite me choosing to print the tickets myself, than what I paid for the actual tickets. Talk about ripoff.

If you have the time to turn up early on Friday and buy tickets beforehand, do it just to avoid paying them money I say.

Unfortunately some of us have to work! :rolleyes: :angry:

Just a reminder that all 17 game club members need to purchase a seat for Friday night's game against Essendon, as it's a fully ticketed match.

This is just a stupid situation reoccurring situation which typifies the arrogance or the Essendon Football Club to think this game will be totally sold out. I have a friend who works for ticket master and she told me that Essendon AFL members receive an email offering them tickets a week before other supporters do. I assume this is to entice more or their un intellectual, moronic and bias supporters into the members area to mingle with the population of supporters who already qualify as neanderthals. There are 5 games fully ticketed by the EFC each year and chances of getting a good seat at that game are minimal to none if you havnt already booked by this date.

Absolutely shocking favoritism by the AFL for if the game was played at the MCG as it was last year the crowd would be larger, the atmosphere better and the standard of the game higher. The AFL needs to wake and begin giving our supporters a decent place to sit other than on Level 3 which mind you is also ticketed and you have to books reserved seats for. I cant understand how, they propose to sell out the entire AFL member section of Etihad stadium when our side is going at half rat power and they are just beginning to become resurgent and ascending the ladder.

Interested to get other posters views on this for in MHO the best way for us all to se it is to go to the local pub. The atmosphere is going to be better there than at Etihad with a;; Essendon supporters yelling at the tops of their lungs.

That it's fully-ticketed doesn't mean there's a huge demand for this match.

This doesn't mean you need to pre-book seats, it just means that you'll be given a particular seat when you get to the ground.

If this is a sell-out I'll be amazed.

PS. Afaik every Essendon home game is ticketed.

That it's fully-ticketed doesn't mean there's a huge demand for this match.

This doesn't mean you need to pre-book seats, it just means that you'll be given a particular seat when you get to the ground.

If this is a sell-out I'll be amazed.

PS. Afaik every Essendon home game is ticketed.

Okay Rogue thats interesting so what do you suggest I do. Is it like all the other games at the MCG?. I rang ticketmaster and they told me that all reserved seat AFL member access had been taken on level one. if I am able to walk up via a guest pass I will do that but they told me I could not do that as well.

I refuse to go to the Docklands Stadium. It is a complete rip off & i do not like the type of football played there, as the ground is too small

The food costs a small fortune & the seats are too close to gether. I will be going there for the AC/DC concert & nothing more.

I will not Kow Tow to a stadium who has no regard for the supporters.

I will watch the game at the Pub with a Parma & pot!!!

Essendon home games at the Dome are always fully ticketed- it really annoys me, you can't just buy a general admission ticket and sit on the wing.

I agree it is crap and something needs to be done about it quite frankly. When you pay any amount of money per year ( me for an AFL membership) and others for other affiliated memberships you should be able to support your club in decent seats. This is exactly why teams like North melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Melbourne struggle to make a return from matches. The poor stadium deals, crap seating and preferential seating arrangements for other more powerful and financially viable clubs mean that we cant go and support our clubs.

Anyone know how much it will be to get a seat on 3rd level then even though ive got 17 game membership?

very little... it should only be about $3-$4 plus a booking fee... although if you get the ticket at the ground, you're charged no booking fee...

I'm of the opinion that every MFC supporter (living in Melbourne) should get out to see the Dee's when we play in Melbourne- regardless of where the match is played (G or Etihad), or if the food and drinks are too expensive etc etc. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but i reckon it's weak to not come just because of a dislike for the venue. This isn't about the venue, it's about the two teams playing, of which our beloved Demons are one of them. That should be incentive enough, surely? I'll be so [censored] if the crowd split is 80/20, which, unfortunately, it is likely to be. We were lucky to have a 70/30 split at the Hawks game this year, and that was at the G! Come on Dee's supporters, get out there and support your team!

Food too expensive? Be prepared and bring something with you! Drinks cost too much? Have a few before and after the game instead. It's only mid-strength anyway...

Unless you've got something else on or are in dire financial strife (which i consider myself to be in on my Centrelink student allowance), then there's absolutely no reason to not come to Etihad on Friday.

I'll watch my team play in the pooring rain at the shittiest old suburban ground (yep, even Vic Park), if that's where we are fixtured. I'll trek out to Casey even, just to see my team play. And i'd hope most of our passionate supporters would be there with me- rain, hail or shine.

One thing that is for certain at Etihad- at least we won't have to sit out in the rain!

I'm of the opinion that every MFC supporter (living in Melbourne) should get out to see the Dee's when we play in Melbourne- regardless of where the match is played (G or Etihad), or if the food and drinks are too expensive etc etc. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but i reckon it's weak to not come just because of a dislike for the venue. This isn't about the venue, it's about the two teams playing, of which our beloved Demons are one of them. That should be incentive enough, surely? I'll be so [censored] if the crowd split is 80/20, which, unfortunately, it is likely to be. We were lucky to have a 70/30 split at the Hawks game this year, and that was at the G! Come on Dee's supporters, get out there and support your team!

Food too expensive? Be prepared and bring something with you! Drinks cost too much? Have a few before and after the game instead. It's only mid-strength anyway...

Unless you've got something else on or are in dire financial strife (which i consider myself to be in on my Centrelink student allowance), then there's absolutely no reason to not come to Etihad on Friday.

I'll watch my team play in the pooring rain at the shittiest old suburban ground (yep, even Vic Park), if that's where we are fixtured. I'll trek out to Casey even, just to see my team play. And i'd hope most of our passionate supporters would be there with me- rain, hail or shine.

One thing that is for certain at Etihad- at least we won't have to sit out in the rain!

So you are going to shout me a night out & fill Collo's pockets are you-Fine. The AFL should never have sold waverley. I do not agree with the Docklands stadium and thats it. I have followed melbourne for over 40 years. Through good & Bad- Do not EVER call me a weak supporter.

I do not like being Ripped off so i will not go.

I was at the Eagles V Tigers on Saturday night and loved the roof - on a cold Melbourne night it makes for a great atmosphere.

Take your own food and save re food prices. Catch the train to avoid parking issues.

The queues for tickets were long and slow- per purchase and walk straight in. Yes $5.50 for processing but worth the ease to print at home and go.

From memory- General admit was low $20s- AFL members price $5.50.

Go and enjoy and stop the whinging- I bet many of you would spend more on a few beers than the ticket prices etc

The team is worth our small costs.

Be there Dees supporters!

Doggo old chum we cant get tickets mate thats why we cant go if they could fit us into their tight little agreement then maybe we might turn up. I for one do not want to sit up on level three and have to pay for that right when I spend $650 dollars a year for a membership. I sat in the rain last week for the whole second half, and I turn up every week. I am not going to the bubble dome therefore am I week. if you keep posting abrasive comments like this you wont find much support on here.

So you are going to shout me a night out & fill Collo's pockets are you-Fine. The AFL should never have sold waverley. I do not agree with the Docklands stadium and thats it. I have followed melbourne for over 40 years. Through good & Bad- Do not EVER call me a weak supporter.

I do not like being Ripped off so i will not go.

Fair enough, it's your call. I wasn't singling you out and I'm sure you're as passionate as anyone here on this forum. 40 years is a long time and i'm sure you've bled for the club thru good times and bad. But i'm sorry... i still think it's weak to not come because it's a "rip-off" or because "you don't agree with the stadium". Not calling you a weak supporter, just think it's a weak excuse.

How much is it gonna cost you to get in? 5 or 6 bucks (with a 17 game membership)? I only have an 11 game membership this year (due to financial constraints), so i pay full-price to see every away match played in Melbourne. Yeah, i feel like i'm being ripped off when i have to pay to see the Dee's play an away match at the G, but i cop it on the chin.

But yeah, as i said earlier, no offence intended.

Doggo old chum we cant get tickets mate thats why we cant go if they could fit us into their tight little agreement then maybe we might turn up. I for one do not want to sit up on level three and have to pay for that right when I spend $650 dollars a year for a membership. I sat in the rain last week for the whole second half, and I turn up every week. I am not going to the bubble dome therefore am I week. if you keep posting abrasive comments like this you wont find much support on here.

My comments weren't directed at you or anyone in particular. It's just a pet hate i have- going to away matches and being completely outnumbered in our own town. Yes i understand we don't have the biggest membership numbers, but that still doesn't stop me feeling the way i do when i'm outnumbered 3 to 1 at a match.

Obviously my situation is different to yours, and maybe if i had spent $650 on a membership, i might re-consider also. But come to think of it, i probably would still go. But that's just me...

I wasn't trying to be abrasive and if any of my comments were perceived that way, then i apologise.

I agree Doggo, I'm going and I will pay, drink, eat and sit where they tell me too and I don't mind aslong as I get to watch the DEES !!!! They could be playing at Casey fields on Monday morning and I would be there. Toughen up !!!

Fair enough, it's your call. I wasn't singling you out and I'm sure you're as passionate as anyone here on this forum. 40 years is a long time and i'm sure you've bled for the club thru good times and bad. But i'm sorry... i still think it's weak to not come because it's a "rip-off" or because "you don't agree with the stadium". Not calling you a weak supporter, just think it's a weak excuse.

How much is it gonna cost you to get in? 5 or 6 bucks (with a 17 game membership)? I only have an 11 game membership this year (due to financial constraints), so i pay full-price to see every away match played in Melbourne. Yeah, i feel like i'm being ripped off when i have to pay to see the Dee's play an away match at the G, but i cop it on the chin.

But yeah, as i said earlier, no offence intended.

My comments weren't directed at you or anyone in particular. It's just a pet hate i have- going to away matches and being completely outnumbered in our own town. Yes i understand we don't have the biggest membership numbers, but that still doesn't stop me feeling the way i do when i'm outnumbered 3 to 1 at a match.

Obviously my situation is different to yours, and maybe if i had spent $650 on a membership, i might re-consider also. But come to think of it, i probably would still go. But that's just me...

I wasn't trying to be abrasive and if any of my comments were perceived that way, then i apologise.

Its more that i do not like giving inflated wages to Faceless Shareholders inside a soulless stadium that is too small. Unless you are in the Medallion club the average supporter is poorly looked after.

As an MCC Member i don't know how much it would cost, but getting a cab or parking a car underneath would be a small fortune!

Last time i went about 2 years ago we played the Swans & it was a Crap game, & i just said "No F@#$%kin' More!!" I do not like the style of football played there. The Ground has no Wings. Its Rubbish.

Anyone know how much it will be to get a seat on 3rd level then even though ive got 17 game membership?

Free. Just rock up to the game and you'll be given a ticket. The only difference is that you can't walk in and head up to anywhere on level 3 after scanning your membership - you'll be given a particular seat.

OK..... i have a 16 game membership.... so i haft to buy a general admission ticket? lol :blink:

No - refer above :)

Okay Rogue thats interesting so what do you suggest I do. Is it like all the other games at the MCG?. I rang ticketmaster and they told me that all reserved seat AFL member access had been taken on level one. if I am able to walk up via a guest pass I will do that but they told me I could not do that as well.

Spending $650 on your membership I can only assume that you're a full member and that'd mean you've been an AFL member for a while, so I'm surprised you've never come across this.

While the AFL Membership is a MCG-based product, there's a limited reserve at TD for AFL members that is reserved on demand. The AFL Membership info (ie. site) pretty clear on this.

I'd suggest considering the following -

a) seeing whether there's a level 3 wing allocation for AFL members and if so, whether it's available; and/or

B) reserving a seat outside of the AFL membership at a reduced fee (with your AFL membership you won't be charged the premium); and/or

c) seeing what the deal is with gaining access on level 3 on the night.

I got members tickets for level 3 and they cost $3.60 each (no way am I paying over $50 for two people to sit on level 1).

The issue I had is that bloody ticketmaster charged me more in fees and handling charges, despite me choosing to print the tickets myself, than what I paid for the actual tickets. Talk about ripoff.

If you have the time to turn up early on Friday and buy tickets beforehand, do it just to avoid paying them money I say.

Unfortunately some of us have to work! :rolleyes: :angry:

I really like the stadium itself, think it is a great place to watch footy. Mate of mine bought me a ticket to the Saints v North game last weekend, once the game kicked off the lower level behind the Flinders st end was pretty empty so they opened it up to Gen Ad people standing.

But yes agree the added costs that these ticket agencies charge is horrendous even when you print the ticket off yourself, what kind of fing admin fee is associated with that????

Free. Just rock up to the game and you'll be given a ticket. The only difference is that you can't walk in and head up to anywhere on level 3 after scanning your membership - you'll be given a particular seat.

No - refer above :)

Spending $650 on your membership I can only assume that you're a full member and that'd mean you've been an AFL member for a while, so I'm surprised you've never come across this.

While the AFL Membership is a MCG-based product, there's a limited reserve at TD for AFL members that is reserved on demand. The AFL Membership info (ie. site) pretty clear on this.

I'd suggest considering the following -

a) seeing whether there's a level 3 wing allocation for AFL members and if so, whether it's available; and/or

B) reserving a seat outside of the AFL membership at a reduced fee (with your AFL membership you won't be charged the premium); and/or

c) seeing what the deal is with gaining access on level 3 on the night.

Thanks for that mate its the same deal as always they told me that there were no tickets available in any section not even level three. I fail to see how the whole ground could be full for this match. its the same for the Adelaide game every year.... not good enough in my book I don't care about the regulations it is an AFL membership and seating should be better. I understand what you are saying but this agreement just prevents noble supporters from going to games.