Twilight boycott, anyone?

pitmaster

I'm boycotting [censored] umpiring....

I'm boycotting reading next months lodgement of the newly amended addition on the interpretation of the rules by the rules committee :lol: ........ I can't keep up, they have more amendments than the Australian/New Zealand Food Standards Code.

Here it goes again...this pathetic lack of support for the team and moreover the club. If you're a Melbourne supporter, that means going along to all the matches in Melbourne and if you can, some of the interstate games as well. Why the feck would you boycott the game? The only people you're letting down is the Melbourne Footy Club. What's stopping people from doing that for one of our home games as well? If you don't turn up, we have to write out a cheque. Wouldn't it be nice not too? The only way this club is going to get itself up on two legs, firmly and strongly above the ground is to have full support. That means dedication. I miss all sorts of things, just to be at the Footy. If you're serious about your Demons, make time for it!

Who cares what time it is! It is probably one of the weakest excuses not to go to the footy, I've ever heard. Are we afraid of the cold, people?? It boggles the mind, seriously...

Just why is Sunday at 4.40 such a bad time for everyone?

These games have to be played sometime, and we will have 9 a week in 2012.

The slots are Friday night, Sat afternoon x2 (FTA and Fox), Sat night x2 (FTA and Fox), Sunday 1pm (Fox), Sunday 2pm (FTA), and Sunday twilight (Fox).

That is 8 slots where all games get coverage. With Thursday night or Monday night to get the 9th game.

And don't say you should have footy on Thursday through to Monday to avoid the twilight game...

Talk about over-exposure, the game will be on 5 nights a week!

People will change their habits, whatever they are, on a Sunday and get used to the twilight game.

People got used to Friday night games...

So buck up and go, and stop whinging.

I've got a four year old that loves the footy so I'll be there. My life wouldn't be worth living if we didn't go.

This is coming from a 4 year old who can spot Colin Sylvia 100 yards away and says "he'll miss that, Dad!"

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

If you don't turn up, we have to write out a cheque. Wouldn't it be nice not too?

It's not our home game - we won't be writing out any cheques. That was part of my reasoning.

Hey, for our home games I have sometimes gone in twice - once on the footy club membership, then duck out and go in on the cricket club membership so we get a payment from the MCC. I don't miss our home games at all.

But I do appreciate all of you and your passion so I am rethinking already. I know if I don't go I'll only be thinking about it the entire time.

But I am still seriously riled by the fact that we get the yet-to-be-popular twilight slots in Melbourne, more Sundays than Lent and only one Friday night. The AFL is happy to screw down on vulnerable Victorian clubs.

This is coming from a 4 year old who can spot Colin Sylvia 100 yards away and says "he'll miss that, Dad!"

Lol.

Did he say it about the 3 or 4 he hasn't missed on the run from fifty the last few weeks?

Hi all

ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

What is the point of boycott. We need to earn respect. Our team needs us behind them. Either you love this club or you don't.

I missed last weeks game due to a uni exam. It still hurts but you can't have everything in life.

Will be there on Sunday, at the Dome if they move it.

Boycotts make us weaker. There is only one way to shut up other supporters and the media, show them you care.

I would have to seriously question loyalty of anyone who would purposefully miss a game, home or away.

I am surprised to be doing this but I for one will not be attending next week.

Another Sunday twilight job. And it's live on Foxtel. At least this is not our home game - if it were I would go - so my attending can only help Horforn

Twilight Sunday is the worst scheduling option especially at the G in winter.

Lame effort by our supporters against the Dogs, however, and maybe the live Foxtel coverage hurt there as well. The MCC was expecting 30,000. I thought, given how the Dogs are going, and our blokes improving that we would see 35,000.

just go buddy and get behind your team!!!!!

Lol.

Did he say it about the 3 or 4 he hasn't missed on the run from fifty the last few weeks?

No, but the day Robbo, Wonna or Miller kicks ten will be the best day of his life, says it every week!!

It's not our home game - we won't be writing out any cheques. That was part of my reasoning.

If more of us did this, what's stopping them doing this at home games?

But I am still seriously riled by the fact that we get the yet-to-be-popular twilight slots in Melbourne, more Sundays than Lent and only one Friday night. The AFL is happy to screw down on vulnerable Victorian clubs.

Of course, we get the unpopular slots, because we are a problem for the AFL. We don't get enough there no matter what day or time it is. We must rectify this. For the fact that we are one of the problems for the AFL, we are given Sunday games, whre lots of people should be able to get there.

I'll be there again, i'll probably catch a cold like i did after the Crows match and miss a day of work (Thanks AFL!) but i'll be there. I'll just be wearing two jackets and scarves.

It'd be the same as the much privelledged Friday night games, yet probably not as cold. Glad to hear you're going no matter what. This needs to be the attitude of more of us.