dee-luded

Backs: N.Jetta M.Warnock C.Bartram

Half backs: J. Frawley S. Martin A.Davey

Centreline: J.Rivers R.Petterd B.McLean

Half forwards: C. Morton M.Newton N.Jones

Forwards: B.Miller C.Sylvia M.Bate

Followers: J.Meesen C.Bruce J.McDonald

I/C from: P.Johnson B.Moloney J.Bennell L.Dunn K.Cheney A.Maric J.Spencer

I think the interchange will go by Johnson,Moloney,Bennell and Dunn. Even though I want Maric to play I think he won`t play this week after Dunns performance last week.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that questions me about Maric is what role he plays. Is he a small forward or more of a midfielder? I think I saw all 5 games he played last year, but I haven't seen any of him outside of that. In Essendon V Melbourne last year I thought he looked comfortable up forward.

The thing that questions me about Maric is what role he plays. Is he a small forward or more of a midfielder? I think I saw all 5 games he played last year, but I haven't seen any of him outside of that. In Essendon V Melbourne last year I thought he looked comfortable up forward.

Yeah interesting one. I guess we will just have to wait until he can find a spot if a injury comes up or someone has a shocker.

He is without doubt intended to be a small crumbing forward. At the sponsors event last year he was being interviewed by Bailey, who asked him what his dream in footy is, and he said "to be a stinking rat goalsneak like Stevie Milne!!!"

If he ends up developing as a midfielder, good on him, but no doubt he is meant to be a forward.

He is without doubt intended to be a small crumbing forward. At the sponsors event last year he was being interviewed by Bailey, who asked him what his dream in footy is, and he said "to be a stinking rat goalsneak like Stevie Milne!!!"

If he ends up developing as a midfielder, good on him, but no doubt he is meant to be a forward.

Yeah I can see that a bit in Jetta and Wonaeamirri to. If all these three can develop into first class crumbing forwards then we can continue using Davey in the midfield and across the half back racking up the disposals.

Yeah I can see that a bit in Jetta and Wonaeamirri to. If all these three can develop into first class crumbing forwards then we can continue using Davey in the midfield and across the half back racking up the disposals.

I agree, but we don't want to end up with too much crumbing forwards, and the new Davey role has been an example of that.

I agree, but we don't want to end up with too much crumbing forwards, and the new Davey role has been an example of that.

We won`t have too many crumbing forwards because we might not play them all at once. It will be good for depth, we can rotate them as well and play Jetta and Maric up the ground a bit.

Agree. Making a career out of being a small crumbing forward is fraught with difficulty. You need many tricks to your bow to survive in that role.

I would hope that at least Wona and Maric would have enough skill and eventually enough fitness to play in the midfield consistently rather than be keyholed in a pocket.

Agree. Making a career out of being a small crumbing forward is fraught with difficulty. You need many tricks to your bow to survive in that role.

I would hope that at least Wona and Maric would have enough skill and eventually enough fitness to play in the midfield consistently rather than be keyholed in a pocket.

We have already seen both players (wona and Maric) moving up the ground last season so the rotating crumbing forward already exists in both of them.

Geelong are an example as well, they have a number of players who are small crumbing forward but can play well in the midfield.

We have already seen both players (wona and Maric) moving up the ground last season so the rotating crumbing forward already exists in both of them.

Geelong are an example as well, they have a number of players who are small crumbing forward but can play well in the midfield.

Garbage neither can play a sustained role in the midfield atm. Hopefully that comes with game time.

And Milne was useless in that selfish indulgent attitude & wouldn't chase.

Ross Lyon is sorting them out.

Maric will get his oppurtunity soon enough

The kid has some skill around the goals similar to Betts , Davis or Milne

No way he has the engine or body to play midfield yet

Its our Midfield that has to stand up this week and not just getting the pill but USING it

P.Johnson, Moloney, Dunn, Maric but i want bennell in there and flick bartram off :(

Ok. Now what is this hatred of Bartram coming from? Isn't he doing what he did last year? Nullifying specific players at the detriment of his own stats? Happy to be corrected as I haven't had all the games delivered yet, but surely if he's still doing this job, wouldn't it be fair to assume he'll stay?

We won last week, if we got pumped he would be coming in but it's unfair to drop anyone from that winning team.

Our team is very young and to drop any young player such as Bennell or Bartram would be the stupidest thing ever.

They worked their asses off last week for a win and you want to take it away for them, why? Makes no sense.

I rate Maric highly, but guys he isn't a veteran, he has 10+ years left in this game. No point dropping winning players for him right now.

Maric played in the wet last year vs Geelong and his ball use was a class above anyone on the field, including Ablett Jnr.

In just his 3rd game of footy he had 23 classy touches, 5 marks and 4 inside 50's. This against a brilliant Cats team.

Must play this week.

He is being wasted at Casey.

Without doubt YM this is the most intelligent thing I have seen you write on here top work.

Ok. Now what is this hatred of Bartram coming from? Isn't he doing what he did last year? Nullifying specific players at the detriment of his own stats? Happy to be corrected as I haven't had all the games delivered yet, but surely if he's still doing this job, wouldn't it be fair to assume he'll stay?

Your totally right here DD, i think the problem is when he isn't nullifying his opponent and when he gets some freedom and has the ball in his hands!! His disposal is average at best and my heart always skips a beat when hes about to use the ball. His shutting down and tagging of opponents has been fantastic and is getting the job done for the past few weeks and that's why he's in the team. If he became a better ball-user and started to get a little more footy knowledge, there is no reason why he couldn't become a Cameron Ling for the Melbourne Football Club. He will stay in the 22 this week, and make everyone a bit unhappy with Maric as an emergency again this week.

My only issue is that Bails doesn't seem to be using the same brush for all. Barts skills are appalling, he runs himself into pressure and more often than not turns the ball over. if your a tagger or not you still have to have some semblance of skill, Barts at the moment doesn't where as someone like Maric is super skilled. I assume Bails is getting him to work on getting his fitness up adfter off season surgery and also work on defensive side of his game but still very disappointed again he is not in the 18. I would rather see Maric than Junior at present to be honest.

My only issue is that Bails doesn't seem to be using the same brush for all. Barts skills are appalling, he runs himself into pressure and more often than not turns the ball over. if your a tagger or not you still have to have some semblance of skill, Barts at the moment doesn't where as someone like Maric is super skilled. I assume Bails is getting him to work on getting his fitness up adfter off season surgery and also work on defensive side of his game but still very disappointed again he is not in the 18. I would rather see Maric than Junior at present to be honest.

Nor should he.

Maric and Bartram are not playing the same roles and I am dumbfounded why posters think Maric replaces Bartram.

I think your assumption about Bailey wanting to teach Maric a defensive game is correct. Its no good having the "skills" to be an AFL footballer if the application of defensive pressure is not one of them.

Maric is not a decent exchange for Junior. In a team that crying out for leadership, Junior is critical out there, particularly with Green out.

Guest petjud

I agree with all the sentiments, from what we have seen of both Grimes and Maric and reports from Casey, I would happily bring both of them in.....

but DB's thinking, we have just had a good win, we are coming up against Adelaide, let's try for another win, if we can get a couple of wins...

it is a lot easier to bring young players into a winning team.......

would assume that both Jetta and Bennell have a different feeling going into the game this week.......they got their chance at the very beginning of the season because there was no one else available and they have grabbed it

a point, Mitch Robinson came in to Carlton and looked a million dollars as they flew out of the blocks, now they have had a couple of losses and Ratten is going to give him a rest.......probably psychologically and well as physically....

In Maric, out Jetta.

Give Jetta a rest, rotate the kids. Jetta has been good but at times his disposal under pressure is shocking.

Aslo here is the Casey Teams

B Bennell Silvagni Cheney

HB Stockdale Wall Faulks

C Panozza Valenti Grimes

HF Maric Hughes Bell

F Liddle Robertson Moore

R Spencer Dunn Matthews

Int P Johnson Mohr Woneamirri

Moloney McGough Zomer

Bail Matheson Patti

McKenzie Vernon McNamara

Some big names back, Grimes, Wona, Bail,Bell and Wheels, Bucks and Watts in the 2's. If these kids kick there will be some pressure to hold spots.

Guest petjud

Give Jetta a rest, rotate the kids. Jetta has been good but at times his disposal under pressure is shocking.

He is not alone in that area, that's what you get with experience....we have only seen Maric play a couple of times at AFL level didn't set the game alight, did what Jetta did, couple of good things followed by an error......let him build his confidence in the VFL.....and be flying when he gets in......

Bartram should play a very important role in this game IMO. Maybe not on Thompson but if he can blanket a senior Crows player then that could be pivotal. Our mids should go ok at the centre bounce against the Crows youngsters but as Bailey said their drive is off half back. It seems unconventional to tag a half back but if Bartram (or other) did the job on Goodwin it would hurt the Crows massively. Goodwin is still racking up massive possesions and is the starting point to many of their drives forward.

I am expecting Meesen to play an important role as well in the centre if we use the corridore a fair bit.

Jetta is probably due for a rest more than anything but these games Bailey is giving him are pretty important for the big picture so even if he only mildly improves they are games that he has to have.

I'm looking forward to seeing Maric as well but it is only round 5 and there is a process here so be patient.

He is not alone in that area, that's what you get with experience....we have only seen Maric play a couple of times at AFL level didn't set the game alight, did what Jetta did, couple of good things followed by an error......let him build his confidence in the VFL.....and be flying when he gets in......

its only a thought gee cool down

In Maric, out Jetta.

Aslo here is the Casey Teams

B Bennell Silvagni Cheney

HB Stockdale Wall Faulks

C Panozza Valenti Grimes

HF Maric Hughes Bell

F Liddle Robertson Moore

R Spencer Dunn Matthews

Int P Johnson Mohr Woneamirri

Moloney McGough Zomer

Bail Matheson Patti

McKenzie Vernon McNamara

Some big names back, Grimes, Wona, Bail,Bell and Wheels, Bucks and Watts in the 2's. If these kids kick there will be some pressure to hold spots.

Where's Jurrah?