• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Adelaide

w00dy

I've enjoyed the win thoroughly, but now it's Monday and time to look to next week, and discuss changes for our match against the Crows.

Out: Green (inj.), Bartram

In: Maric, McDonald

Think these are pretty straight forward. Green is injured, and Bartram really didn't give us anything today. I thought he was our worst player. Our only other player who didn't have an impact was Bate, but he's got credits in the bank.

Ins are obvious. Welcome back the skipper, and the best form player from Casey in Maric. These changes should fit in pretty well with team balance.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have to agree.

I haven't yet had the opportunity to see Maric play, but am looking forward to see what he can offer.

I have to add, its good to see that Meesen is doing well in the ruck also!

Gippy.

I don't know if Bate's 'credits in the bank' are enough to keep him in after today. So frusturating to watch as I'm sure I can recall a time when I was singing his praises. I really believe he's got the goods in there somewhere (great body shape for starters) but he's skating on super thin ice.

I'd maybe just replace Green with JMac if he's ready. See how that goes and let the winning side gel together a bit more.

Bartram probably doesn't deserve to be there but I don't know.. maybe Bailey will have a re-shuffle with Green gone and something will click into place...I'm being very optimistic! :)

I've enjoyed the win thoroughly, but now it's Monday and time to look to next week, and discuss changes for our match against the Crows.

Think these are pretty straight forward. Green is injured, and Bartram really didn't give us anything today. I thought he was our worst player. Our only other player who didn't have an impact was Bate, but he's got credits in the bank.

Ins are obvious. Welcome back the skipper, and the best form player from Casey in Maric. These changes should fit in pretty well with team balance.

Maric and McDonald yes, but I'd add Jack Grimes in that also!

Not sure what everyones problem is with Bartram. He's a tagger. He takes players out of the game at his own expense. He just needs to work on his disposal as does players like Mclean and Bruce.

Does anyone know how far off Woona is? Not sure who i would drop. Still would have said Dunn, but he did try hard today. So too did PJ. It's a tough one, but whoever does get dropped it won't be for lack of trying as I feel all the players tried hard today. I feel Ricky Petterd might get dropped. I hope not, but he's really getting killed with the contested marks. Took two or three great ones today, but missed many more chances. Still not convinced he's a forward line player. Would love o see him on the wing!

Maric and McDonald yes, but I'd add Jack Grimes in that also!

Not sure what everyones problem is with Bartram. He's a tagger. He takes players out of the game at his own expense. He just needs to work on his disposal as does players like Mclean and Bruce.

These days though you can't afford to carry someone who is just a "tagger". They need to be able to use the ball and provide something on their own too... Junior has the ability to shut players down, so I think it's a like for like swap...

As for Grimes, I'd like to see him in too. Think they'll give him another week at Casey after coming back from his injury...

My problem with Bartram is that he's a totally negative selection. He is a very good stopper. With him in the side you can pretty well count on one of the opposition mids having almost no impact, and that is a good thing. However he does not add anything. Compare him to Cameron Ling, who can play the same role and still have 20+ possessions. I simply question whether shutting down one opponent is enough of a contribution, especially when he is just as likely to turn the ball over as not when he gets it in his hands.

I was only watching the game on tv but who exactly was Bartram playing on? many times i saw him he was not close to anyone. I remember seeing a kick inside our defensive fifty and he was walking around by himself on the fifty and the commentators noticed it too.

His disposal is horrible and cost us a goal or two.

He makes Bruce look like Garry Ablett.

He needs to go to Casey to work on things because simply its not good enough to remain in the 22.

In- Maric, McDonald

Out- Bartram, Green

My problem with Bartram is that he's a totally negative selection. He is a very good stopper. With him in the side you can pretty well count on one of the opposition mids having almost no impact, and that is a good thing. However he does not add anything. Compare him to Cameron Ling, who can play the same role and still have 20+ possessions. I simply question whether shutting down one opponent is enough of a contribution, especially when he is just as likely to turn the ball over as not when he gets it in his hands.

Agreed.

What about Warnock? Didn't see the report incident- is he likely to get week/s?

I'd expect it to get withdrawn. Nothing in it but a bit of push and shove, at worst a low level jumper punch.

It's what you get when you have a trigger happy first game umpire (Robert Findlay) wanting to make his presence felt so he's reporting blokes before the ball was bounced.

Findlay followed that up a minute later by gifting a goal to Nathan Brown with a dud decision that drew howls from the crowd when it was replayed on the screen. That was their two goal start - all from dud Findlay decisions.

Umpires we have to have, but it's a shame we get flogs like this bloke - it's the price of being a bottom side. Findlay should cop heaps at work this week. Maggot.

At worst I'd expect Warnock to get a reprimand, but I expect him to get off. Surely nothing in it.

The only candidates for being dropped this week IMO are Bate and Bartram. I think Bate has enough credits to hold out being dropped for one more week, and Bartram was named in the best for some reason, so I doubt he's out either. For that reason, just the one forced change, McDonald for Green. If McDonald's not fit, one of Maric or Grimes to come in.

Maric and Grimes have both done enough for selection, but I believe they'll both play another week at Casey and continue to bust the door down for selection.

Agree.

Why is Bate so continually inept below his knees when the ball is on the ground?

It beggars belief doesn't it.

Bartram has to be dropped. McDonald or Dunn can do his negating role, at least they know how to use a football properly.

Bartram will keep his spot as it appears that he is favoured by the coach atm. He is the only one with the agility and turn of foot speed to stay with a Harvey etc and this is what keeps him in the side.

It would be interesting if Rohal Bail could get a go doing the same job?? Has the running ability and may be better with the ball in his hands.

McDonald and to a lesser extent Dunn don't have the leg speed to stay with a jet.

I have been a critic of Dunn but one area he does not lack is leg speed. His closing speed over distance on the ball carrier is very good. Its what happens in the ball contest and the lead up where Dunn is questionable.

Agreed, still can't see him on the smaller agile types. Needs more acceleration and agility IMO.

I have been a critic of Dunn but one area he does not lack is leg speed. His closing speed over distance on the ball carrier is very good. Its what happens in the ball contest and the lead up where Dunn is questionable.

Agreed! His leg speed might be good, but his speed in decision making is hopeless. He's unable to make a split second decision. Same goes with Sylvia. I give them both around a 7 for effort against Richmond, but they'll need to follow it up against Crows on Sunday.

Agree

Pleased to see that others are beginning to recognise Bartram's shortcomings. He has gone backwards since his first year - when his quick hands made up for his lack of kicking skills. HIs decision-making is also questionable. We can't afford a run with defender'' who turns the ball over as often as he does. Both Daniher and Bailey have clearly been impressed with his attitude. Unfortunately his kicking and marking are not up to standard - and are not improving.

Just hope we don't have to replace Warnock. Cheney ( who was stiff to get dropped) would be the a logical replacement - though we would lose height in the back half. I guess Spencer could come in as back-up for Meeson leaving PJ to play in defence.

Let's hope we don't sit on our laurels this week.

Just hope we don't have to replace Warnock. Cheney ( who was stiff to get dropped) would be the a logical replacement - though we would lose height in the back half. I guess Spencer could come in as back-up for Meeson leaving PJ to play in defence.

Cheney or Grimes would come in if Warnock is out. While we'd need to have Warnock playing, we can cover his loss. Frawley just takes one of their bigger forwards, while Grimes / Cheney take the smaller forward... We'll still have 3 key defenders in Rivers, Martin, Frawley...