Juice Newton- Criticisms, Comments and Kudos

Biffinator

Guest petjud
Give him a few more games.

You get your chance after sitting out a few games, and you grab it and play your guts out......you don't stand around looking disinterested........he does not deserve a few more games he hasn't earned the right

.if Robbo comes back this weekend he will show Newton what to do.........expect him to give Geelong defence no peace at all.........

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute crap, he chased hard all day but his kicking let him down. It's obviously a confidence issue as he tried to banana it from about 10 meters out. He has the skill to be a decent forward but just needs to get his confidence up a bit.

So Michael Newton now leads Demonland's illustrious top 10 of whipping boys:

1) M Newton

2) T Johnstone

3) C Sylvia

4) A Yze

5) S Godfrey

6) J White

7) M Bate

8) C Bruce

9) L Williams (remember him :lol: )

10) B Miller

I'm fairly sure B Grgic was before demonland's time.

:D

Ahhh Lukey Williams. Those were the days.

Seriosuly though, I dont think we need another Newton thread.

At least Michael Newton tries, He is simply not blessed with ability. I feel sorry for Bailey who has no option but to play this guy. I implore all Melbourne supporters to watch Matthew Bate closely for just one game and take note how much of a pretend footballer he is, This guy does not chase, Consistently finds that spot on the ground called NO MANS LAND and on numerous occasions takes short steps to avoid contact. NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!!

What Clint Bartram did i thought was incredible & i will never question his Loyalty to the Red & Blue. Good on ya Barts.

Could it not be argued that under such circumstances a player could not be 100% mentally focussed on the game at hand and therefore playing is to the detriment of the team and a selfish act?

Absolute crap, he chased hard all day but his kicking let him down. It's obviously a confidence issue as he tried to banana it from about 10 meters out. He has the skill to be a decent forward but just needs to get his confidence up a bit.

With your "Wait & see " Philosophy maybe we should get the Cockatoo Collins Twins back in the side just in case they actually could play & just Happened to play a bunch of bad games with us.

Michael Newton does not Bust his Gut to play his Best, like a lot of guys are now doing further up the ground. He will not make it Long term.

"Has the Ability but not the application" Seen it all before.

Could it not be argued that under such circumstances a player could not be 100% mentally focussed on the game at hand and therefore playing is to the detriment of the team and a selfish act?

Of course it could be & that would be different for every player. I am informed D.B had a long talk with him before the game. I thought Clint did a good Job.

Dear Michael,

I will keep this Brief as i know you have a limited attention span as shown by your game last sunday at twilight.

If you had played with the same amount of PASSION & COMMITMENT as Clint Bartram did the club could well have won a second game in 7 days.

What Clint Bartram did i thought was incredible & i will never question his Loyalty to the Red & Blue. Good on ya Barts.

Michael do you want to play AFL Football....Really....

[censored] Poor effort. As a Forward you are expected to kick goals within 10 metres. Otherwise you are not a forward or a footballer.

R.I.P. Mr Bartram Your son is a credit to us all

Do you honestly think he will see this

It's interesting to hear/read the differing opinions about Newton. What some people see as lack of effort, skill and work ethic, others (myself included) see as very low confidence. We know he can kick and yet he choked under the pressure he felt on Sunday. In many ways he reminds me of a young David Schwarz without the self confidence.

With your "Wait & see " Philosophy maybe we should get the Cockatoo Collins Twins back in the side just in case they actually could play & just Happened to play a bunch of bad games with us.

Michael Newton does not Bust his Gut to play his Best, like a lot of guys are now doing further up the ground. He will not make it Long term.

"Has the Ability but not the application" Seen it all before.

Some people take longer than others to make their mark, how many games has he played again? Why wouldn't you persist with him when hes the only full forward we have at the moment, he crashes the packs and gives a bit of structure to our forward line atleast. "does not bust his gut" is crap, he chases as hard as anyone else. I know hes not a long term option for us but he gives us something up there atleast

Do you honestly think he will see this

No i Don't but i haven't been near a PC since last week so i had to get it out of my Head. Newton's effort on Sunday caused me to be "in a world of Pain!" during that 3 hours, just letting off steam.

Some people take longer than others to make their mark, how many games has he played again? Why wouldn't you persist with him when hes the only full forward we have at the moment, he crashes the packs and gives a bit of structure to our forward line atleast. "does not bust his gut" is crap, he chases as hard as anyone else. I know hes not a long term option for us but he gives us something up there atleast

Your a softie with players Fitz. You obviously did not see players like Simon Eishold, Jim Tilbrook Todd McHardy or "Spud" Dullard. These are mere examples, the list goes on.....

Newtons efforts on Sunday Night are a big Factor as to why we get treated Badly by the AFL Community-why we get laughed at.

Sick of it. He has no real ticker. He will not make it at The Top Level.

Guest petjud

you must be watching a game I haven't seen, Newton crash a pack????????.........he chases shadows and he was told twice by Miller at the game on Sunday that he was in the wrong place......so much for a bit of structure.............if you watch a team you can forgive skill errors as long as the player tries...........the majority of posters on this board think that Newton DOES NOT TRY.........he is not an 18yr old rookie in his first or second game.....he has had two years under DB so he knows what is required........he has to produce.......and to a standard that makes you a Key Forward....see the article on MFC website...Bailey barely hides his disappointment in him again........

Poor guy has suffered from everyone talking him up so much a few seasons ago

Its the same people that are saying he should be given a few more games when clearly his form does not warrant it.

Another Newton thread?

Dear lord.

You of all people making that complaint.

So Michael Newton now leads Demonland's illustrious top 10 of whipping boys:

1) M Newton

2) T Johnstone

3) C Sylvia

4) A Yze

5) S Godfrey

6) J White

7) M Bate

8) C Bruce

9) L Williams (remember him :lol: )

10) B Miller

I'm fairly sure B Grgic was before demonland's time.

How did your bundle of class go against Geelong when the pressure was on? Awfully cold day at the Cattery but he still melted and was never seen :lol: .

Please Note:

As with the Sylvia thread, I have merged the other various Newton threads into this one.

Yes it makes this a massive topic to browse through, but it beats having to rename Demonland "The Michael Newton Circus".

Cheers

I don't wish the bloke any personal harm, but if I ever see him run out in the Melbourne guernsey again I will projectile vomit. The sooner he's off the list, the sooner we can all stop being frustrated by his complete lack of effort.

Guest mazza

The juice is all we`ve got in tall forwards at the moment. Wether we like it or not we have to persist with him, at least till seasons end. The dees desperately need some sort of forward structure and some targets up front. Untill weve got other options juice newton will have to play a role

The juice is all we`ve got in tall forwards at the moment. Wether we like it or not we have to persist with him, at least till seasons end. The dees desperately need some sort of forward structure and some targets up front. Untill weve got other options juice newton will have to play a role

And that is perhaps the most realistic post on Newton thus far.