Warnock can leave (rumour only)

Yencks

-If we give up pick 80 for this kid I will be [censored] off

-Even though he has a good relationship with conolly, schwab, his brother and would get more game time at melbourne, he chooses carlton

-what's with this whole choosing business? i mean

he is no superstar

he has not yet had a great game

he has only played 21 games

yet he thinks he can choose a "preferred" club

i blame chris judd that he has done this

if he wants to leave fremantle and come home, he should be happy to go to any club

what is he? someone that is not even that good (apart from height) to choose where he goes like he is some superstar

apparantly, he just outright refuses to come to melbourne

--i hope he plays for carlton and sucks

--i hope freo get pick 24 and use it on someone that wants to come home three years later

--i hope that he does not come to melbourne because he is an arrogant [censored] to think he has the right to choose where he goes

lets draft a tall and develop spencer, someone who at least has a bit of grunt

i want people that will play for the red and blue

and if people say, it's all about the money

the fact is, warnock would not be getting much $$ straight away at melbourne, but the fact that he would be getting more game time and oppurtunities would mean that he is more likely to increase his worth at melbourne, who does not have any superstars

therefore have more salary cap room

i wanted warnock to come to melbourne, but not any more

I agree mate

This Hoop-La is doing my head in and then i take a deep breath and i think...hang on why should we bend over backwards for this kid?

Just adding to the reason why Carlton has taken over collingwood as my most hated team

Guest McLean2Maric

I doubt its really like that, and its being played up, but I dont mind either way if he ends up coming here or not.

Not sure why Carlton are so keen on him anyway, theyve got Kreuzer and Cloke, Clokes been very good and consistent this year and would hate to see him miss out on game time.

-If we give up pick 80 for this kid I will be [censored] off

-Even though he has a good relationship with conolly, schwab, his brother and would get more game time at melbourne, he chooses carlton

-what's with this whole choosing business? i mean

he is no superstar

he has not yet had a great game

he has only played 21 games

yet he thinks he can choose a "preferred" club

i blame chris judd that he has done this

if he wants to leave fremantle and come home, he should be happy to go to any club

what is he? someone that is not even that good (apart from height) to choose where he goes like he is some superstar

apparantly, he just outright refuses to come to melbourne

--i hope he plays for carlton and sucks

--i hope freo get pick 24 and use it on someone that wants to come home three years later

--i hope that he does not come to melbourne because he is an arrogant [censored] to think he has the right to choose where he goes

lets draft a tall and develop spencer, someone who at least has a bit of grunt

i want people that will play for the red and blue

and if people say, it's all about the money

the fact is, warnock would not be getting much $$ straight away at melbourne, but the fact that he would be getting more game time and oppurtunities would mean that he is more likely to increase his worth at melbourne, who does not have any superstars

therefore have more salary cap room

i wanted warnock to come to melbourne, but not any more

I understand your sentiment and I don't want him either but why shouldn't an elite sportsmen be able to choose a club during trade week. Wasn't this one of the reasons this week was set up?

agreed all these money hungry swines that claim they are moving back for a noble cause, that being 'to be closer to my family' can go and get stuffed. at least be honest, im moving back to melbourne, to triple my salary (judd style), for family reasons, and for more game time.

to parade yourself around judd style does little to a man's credibility.

this is all speculation though. i've not heard one quote from warnock stating this, perhaps he'd prefer to play at carlton, in which case that's fine, but to rule out melbourne, it must surely be about the money, again Judd style.

one last thing how was judd captain of 2008 AA team? honestly.

I understand your sentiment and I don't want him either but why shouldn't an elite sportsmen be able to choose a club during trade week. Wasn't this one of the reasons this week was set up?

1) he's not even elite IMO (depending on people's definition of elite)

2) when he was drafted to fremantle, he became a freo player and as part of a team...the team should come first

-right now, he should still be putting the team first and helping them out

-if he is ditching the club that has put time, effort and $$$ into developing him, he should at least have the gratitude to help them out

3) essentially, why does he want to leave freo?? to come back home i think

there are plenty of clubs to chose at home

by "nominating" a club he has made things very difficult for fremantle

i have a huge feeling that melbourne would have offered a better offer than carlton, but the man does not budge

one of two things will happen

-freo will accept pick 24 or freo will decline it

if freo accept (not willingly) to take pick 24 because they think it's a last resort; warnock could have been the reason that has stopped them from potentially drafting a superstar at say pick 19.

if freo do not accept, warnock will have a whinge, and i dont know what will happen

maybe PSD, maybe (hopefully not) come to melbourne

--a player has a right to want to go somewhere, but the fact is, he is making things difficult for freo and is restricting their ability to do what they want

--he is letting down the club that has given so much to him

--the team comes before the player

--if you leave a team, you leave with dignity...he isn't...and this shows that he doesnt care for the team and i do not want him of the club that i am a member of

Guest McLean2Maric
1) he's not even elite IMO (depending on people's definition of elite)

2) when he was drafted to fremantle, he became a freo player and as part of a team...the team should come first

-right now, he should still be putting the team first and helping them out

-if he is ditching the club that has put time, effort and $$$ into developing him, he should at least have the gratitude to help them out

3) essentially, why does he want to leave freo?? to come back home i think

there are plenty of clubs to chose at home

by "nominating" a club he has made things very difficult for fremantle

i have a huge feeling that melbourne would have offered a better offer than carlton, but the man does not budge

one of two things will happen

-freo will accept pick 24 or freo will decline it

if freo accept (not willingly) to take pick 24 because they think it's a last resort; warnock could have been the reason that has stopped them from potentially drafting a superstar at say pick 19.

if freo do not accept, warnock will have a whinge, and i dont know what will happen

maybe PSD, maybe (hopefully not) come to melbourne

--a player has a right to want to go somewhere, but the fact is, he is making things difficult for freo and is restricting their ability to do what they want

--he is letting down the club that has given so much to him

--the team comes before the player

--if you leave a team, you leave with dignity...he isn't...and this shows that he doesnt care for the team and i do not want him of the club that i am a member of

Actually, most players have very little say during trade week and what happens. I dont think hes not budging or anything like that and that its Carlton's management who are hounding Freo to accept their offer.

I think Carlton are starting to give up and then we can offer pick 19 and get the deal done.

If he doesnt want to come here though, screw him.

In Warnock's defense, yes he did nominate a club however it is the club that he nominated that are being the assholes. All Warnock can do is hope that the deal goes through. He has no say in what Carlton offers Fremantle and if Carlton are going to go the way they are I hope the get stuffed over. All the years of the afl helping them and then when a club wants fair compensation for a player they say no.

Get a life Carlton you are not bigger than the afl.

That's a bit harsh. Why should Freo be punished out of this? They've got a turdburger who's ditching them and nominating one club in a city of nine teams. They've got to do the best thing by themselves.

I think Freo will weaken and settle for 24 by days end.

Geez tomorrow is going to be more than a little chaotic :wacko: !!!

He can choose to go where ever he wants!

As stated earlier, he owes nobody anything, apart from looking after his own interests and future.

If he thinks it's with Carlton good luck to him.

Would be great if we landed him, but if not so be it.

The challenge for our club is to become a club players scramble to play for, instead of the other way around!

As long as we do not give up a top 30 pick for him I am fine with him going to Carlton. Let him be their false messiah. would prefer to draft and develop our own ruckman in all honesty.

I just hope the dees are active and grab some picks or young fringe players who are wanting to come to the MFC. If that means unloading a disgruntled greeny, Wheats, CJ and jamar, than so be it.

This is the issue with trade week. All these so called big name deals (Ie: ROK and Warnock) are holding up the little fish fromfinding a new pond. This system will end so many careers simply by not providing players more freedom to move.

As long as we do not give up a top 30 pick for him I am fine with him going to Carlton. Let him be their false messiah. would prefer to draft and develop our own ruckman in all honesty.

I just hope the dees are active and grab some picks or young fringe players who are wanting to come to the MFC. If that means unloading a disgruntled greeny, Wheats, CJ and jamar, than so be it.

If the club does it's full due diligence, and can say that in their considered opinion picking up Warnock is a better option that what they think will be available at pick 19, or even 17 for that matter, then I'm happy for them to use one of those picks and trade for him.

That's the decision right there.

Pick 24 is already on the table for Freo, so if nothing else, they already have that. Warnock won't fall to us into the PSD. If we wan't him we will have to trade for him.

Yeah I'm not worried by not getting him - I would have liked to get him, I think he'll be a very good player.

At the same time, Carlton are going to over spend to get him in, and they may have been better stockpilling cap room for when Gibbs and co come out of rookie contracts and ask for big bucks.

At the moment nearly everything we are hearing in the media is pure speculation, very few actual quotes.

Has anyone considered Freo are the ones holding up the deal in every way? They could have their eyes on carlton's number 6 pick and think there's a reasonable chance of getting it, so they're trying to use MFC as leverage and pressure carlton into giving it to them cos we have 17 & 19.

Anything could be going on behind the scenes. Warnock could have said 'i'll go anywhere, but Carlton is my preference' but we don't know cos there is no direct quote from him and i doubt he'll make one until the deal is done.

Get over it.

I'm interested to see what happens, but getting emotionally invested in all this craziness is silly

..... Carlton are going to over spend to get him in, and they may have been better stockpilling cap room for when Gibbs and co come out of rookie contracts and ask for big bucks.

There are plenty of empty desks at the Visy factory right next to Judds office for up & coming executives - on the payroll!!!

This is the issue with trade week. All these so called big name deals (Ie: ROK and Warnock) are holding up the little fish fromfinding a new pond. This system will end so many careers simply by not providing players more freedom to move.

Dont be suprised if we see a serious overhaul of the system by next years trade period.

Its all a game. His manager is putting pressure on Carlton. He is trying to turn the MFC off. If we throw 19 on the table tomorow it will put a bit of pressure back on the Blues and Freo.

I think Freo will weaken and settle for 24 by days end.

Of course they will

What would you take?

24 or nothing?