Green, Sylvia, Johnson, Rivers & Jamar attract interest..

Tolstoys Nudge

As I mentioned in my post on saturday,

The demons have offered up The above players for trade, and attracted more interest than even they could of expected.

AS reported on AFL website, the demons were key players in todays talks. Here is a little more demon specific info out of today.

While still keen to attain Greens services, it appears he is settled on the idea of moving to a premiership contender, with Hawthorn, Sydney and the Saints all making geniune Inquiries.

The Hawks lead the race, with Mitch Thorp the focus of the demons talks so far.

Port Adelaide made an offer early on in the day, of pick 38 and a player, 1 believed to be Damon White, however the demons were quick to refute any potential deal, with Thorp or a 1st round pick their preffered options at this stage.

There were also a number of inquiries in regards to injury riddled key defender Jared Rivers, with the demons making it clear he was not available for trade this week.

Alot of interest for Mark Jamar, with 3 clubs in a spin over his availibilty, Richmond, Carlton, Adelaide are the key players at this stage. The demons are believed to be looking for a pick in the 30's for Jamar.

The biggest surprise of the day was the number of clubs keen on aquiring the services of Demon Flanker Chris Johnson, with up to 8 clubs asking the question of his price on the market.

St.Kilda was seen to be the most aggressive, with word they are keen to deal as part of multiple team deal involving Geelong Mid Brent Prismall moving across to demonland and an exchange of picks amongst the teams.

The demons are the clear front runners for Prismall, and its understood they have an agreement with the cats in principle, and are merely waiting for the other deals to come along to assist in the exchange.

Other clubs to flag interest in Johnson were Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and Collingwood.

The bombers are also in the running for Prismall, should the demons not be able to get the preferred deal through.

Despite putting him on the table, there was a lack of interest today for Paul Wheatley, however it is only early days. Its seen the demons may lower their expectations on offers for the Utility.

The Adelaide Crows and Brisbane Lions also announced interest late in the day for Colin Sylvia, with talks to get under way tomorrow.

The demons are not shopping Sylvia, and are unlikely to deal the no.3 draft pick at this stage.

Melbourne also mentioned Tim Boyle, but talks cooled when it became clear the Bulldogs were prepared to offer up alot more in order to attain his services.

Melbourne made few inquiries in regards to other players,

With Joel Macdonald & David Armitage the only players not mentioned above that Demon staff showed some interest in to their respective clubs.

Melbourne will intensify inquiries into those players tomorrow.

Tomorrow its up and at em' again,

Interesting days talk, but remember, its just talk..

NO deals are expected to be completed until Late Wednesday or early Thursday.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although no source is mentioned, that is a pretty insightful little piece there Nudge. Would love to get Thorp or Pick 16 for Green, either would be a win in my opinion. Any pick below 35 for Jamar would be a massive win. And Sylvia should be untouchable, unless a first round pick is offered. Even then I would think twice about giving young star potential away.

Alot of interest for Mark Jamar, with 3 clubs in a spin over his availibilty, Richmond, Carlton, Adelaide are the key players at this stage. The demons are believed to be looking for a pick in the 30's for Jamar.

If you're going to these make up, at least try to make them half realistic.

If you're going to these make up, at least try to make them half realistic.

You simple minded tool..

I posted on staurday that Green, Johnson (2 abuse of many) & Jamar were up for trade, and I now have had that quoted on by the club, so I suppose I made those up then? yes? oh and Chris Connelly is in on my devious grand plan..

Go forth and multiply you twit..!!!

This post is for those who want some info..

As Terry Wallace quoted this morning, only 1-2% of mentioned deals are able to come to fruition, so all we can do is relay the info.. so here it is..

Sylvia and pick 35 too Bris for Mitch Clarke?

Sylvia too Adelaide for a straight swap for Brent Reilly?

Could Green and CJ be enough for Pick 4? I would'nt think so, but I think CJ is highly rated and about to hit his straps. Other clubs sense that! I want to keep him though.

You simple minded tool..

I posted on staurday that Green, Johnson (2 abuse of many) & Jamar were up for trade, and I now have had that quoted on by the club, so I suppose I made those up then? yes? oh and Chris Connelly is in on my devious grand plan..

Go forth and multiply you twit..!!!

This post is for those who want some info..

As Terry Wallace quoted this morning, only 1-2% of mentioned deals are able to come to fruition, so all we can do is relay the info.. so here it is..

Nice work Nudge..........keep the info coming!

I've had some fun recently by niggling Nudge however I have to say that in the past I've discovered that alot of his material is pretty close to the truth. You just have to remember that in trade week alot of players get discussed and bandied about, but only a small percentage of deals actually get to the trade stage.

from melbournefc.com.au:

Speculation surrounding a move to the Swans for Paul Wheatley and Melbourne wooing Carlton's Irish tall Setanta O'hAilpin were off the mark, he noted.

"There is nothing with O'hAilpin and Paul Wheatley's name wasn't mentioned today," Connolly said.

from melbournefc.com.au:

Speculation surrounding a move to the Swans for Paul Wheatley and Melbourne wooing Carlton's Irish tall Setanta O'hAilpin were off the mark, he noted.

"There is nothing with O'hAilpin and Paul Wheatley's name wasn't mentioned today," Connolly said.

Hahaha, looks like Nudge's 'web of bulls@#t' has hit a snag. :D

As I mentioned in my post on saturday,

The demons have offered up The above players for trade, and attracted more interest than even they could of expected.

AS reported on AFL website, the demons were key players in todays talks. Here is a little more demon specific info out of today.

While still keen to attain Greens services, it appears he is settled on the idea of moving to a premiership contender, with Hawthorn, Sydney and the Saints all making geniune Inquiries.

The Hawks lead the race, with Mitch Thorp the focus of the demons talks so far.

Port Adelaide made an offer early on in the day, of pick 38 and a player, 1 believed to be Damon White, however the demons were quick to refute any potential deal, with Thorp or a 1st round pick their preffered options at this stage.

There were also a number of inquiries in regards to injury riddled key defender Jared Rivers, with the demons making it clear he was not available for trade this week.

The biggest surprise of the day was the number of clubs keen on aquiring the services of Demon Flanker Chris Johnson, with up to 8 clubs asking the question of his price on the market.

St.Kilda was seen to be the most aggressive, with word they are keen to deal as part of multiple team deal involving Geelong Mid Brent Prismall moving across to demonland and an exchange of picks amongst the teams.

The demons are the clear front runners for Prismall, and its understood they have an agreement with the cats in principle, and are merely waiting for the other deals to come along to assist in the exchange.

Other clubs to flag interest in Johnson were Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and Collingwood.

The bombers are also in the running for Prismall, should the demons not be able to get the preferred deal through.

Despite putting him on the table, there was a lack of interest today for Paul Wheatley, however it is only early days. Its seen the demons may lower their expectations on offers for the Utility.

The Adelaide Crows and Brisbane Lions also announced interest late in the day for Colin Sylvia, with talks to get under way tomorrow.

The demons are not shopping Sylvia, and are unlikely to deal the no.3 draft pick at this stage.

Melbourne also mentioned Tim Boyle, but talks cooled when it became clear the Bulldogs were prepared to offer up alot more in order to attain his services.

Melbourne made few inquiries in regards to other players,

With Joel Macdonald & David Armitage the only players not mentioned above that Demon staff showed some interest in to their respective clubs.

Melbourne will intensify inquiries into those players tomorrow.

Tomorrow its up and at em' again,

Interesting days talk, but remember, its just talk..

NO deals are expected to be completed until Late Wednesday or early Thursday.

I can assure you Mitch Thorp will not be leaving Hawthorn.

He makes it up, it's very very easy to do.

Ok genius, write yourself a post that is as plausible as that, then come back at the end of trade week and show us one example of something you've said that turned out to be true.

Its easy to sit back and point the finger, isn't it?

and i thought school holidays were over...

Er, you might want to re-read his post...

Why would he want to re-read.......

Nudge said Despite putting him on the table, there was a lack of interest today for Paul Wheatley, however it is only early days. Its seen the demons may lower their expectations on offers for the Utility.

but

Chris Connelly said "There is nothing with O'hAilpin and Paul Wheatley's name wasn't mentioned today," Connolly said.

So, why does he need to re-read?

Er, you may want to first.

HAHAHA!

It actually re-affirms my post u fool!

Thus, yes, re-read, I say that there were NO BITES FOR WHEATLEY!

I never mentioned the Wheatley to Sydney deal, as THAT IS BS!!!

Read properly u dills, not just the title..

I have said before and will say again, my sources are ME..

I worki in an environment that allows me to hear about things around footy clubs, simple..

As if im actually going to name people who tell me things, as they'd stop telling me.. omg!!

We all want any snippet of information we can, so take out of it what you want. If you think it's crap, don't bother reading.

If I had a genuine source I wouldn't devulge either. I think there's merit in his post and what's mooted seems quite believable. And he acknowledges that nearly all of them won't come to fruition. What else do you think the clubs talk about ? The names being bandied are the ones you'd expect to be bandied. There's no great revelation.

But I like the info anyway.

Thanks Nudge.

Why would he want to re-read.......

Nudge said Despite putting him on the table, there was a lack of interest today for Paul Wheatley, however it is only early days. Its seen the demons may lower their expectations on offers for the Utility.

but

Chris Connelly said "There is nothing with O'hAilpin and Paul Wheatley's name wasn't mentioned today," Connolly said.

So, why does he need to re-read?

Oh dear..

Correct, his name was not mentioned in any trades, as no one showed interest you imbosile!!!

IE: we will lower our criteria for him in the hope his name DOES come up, gee wiz..

Guest Addam

You guys might not know me as I'm not a regular poster anymore.

I am an associate and friend of board member Peter Szental and phoned him tonight for an update on todays proceedings.

I can give this info. St.Kilda are keen to land Chris Johnson, A deal involving David Armitage could be organised tommorow. Mitch Thorp is off limits, but Boyle has been offered up with a scrappy pick for Green. Richmond are keen on Jamar, and are playing around with Dean Polo a bit. Melbourne FC held discussions with Fremantle about Robert Warnock this morning, a few deals were bandied about and an agreement in place has been made. Fremantle are though keen to test Carltons reslience so any deal would be completed later in the week. Peter also said that Melbourne have offered Pick 35 for Farren Ray with the Bulldogs getting back to us soon.

Hope this helps.

You guys might not know me as I'm not a regular poster anymore.

I am an associate and friend of board member Peter Szental and phoned him tonight for an update on todays proceedings.

I can give this info. St.Kilda are keen to land Chris Johnson, A deal involving David Armitage could be organised tommorow. Mitch Thorp is off limits, but Boyle has been offered up with a scrappy pick for Green. Richmond are keen on Jamar, and are playing around with Dean Polo a bit. Melbourne FC held discussions with Fremantle about Robert Warnock this morning, a few deals were bandied about and an agreement in place has been made. Fremantle are though keen to test Carltons reslience so any deal would be completed later in the week. Peter also said that Melbourne have offered Pick 35 for Farren Ray with the Bulldogs getting back to us soon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that Addam, not sure if your mate Peter will be thanking you though!! FWIW, I`d love Armitage in Red n Blue. Straight swap for CJ thankyou! Farren Ray, no thanks!

Oh dear..

Correct, his name was not mentioned in any trades, as no one showed interest you imbosile!!!

IE: we will lower our criteria for him in the hope his name DOES come up, gee wiz..

Imbecile.

Couldn't have put it better myself. ;)

oh

and Hannabal..... please, any Clayton Collards you want to pick up in this years draft, Flea.