• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Yze_Magic phantom draft (picks 1-19)

Yze_Magic

1. Melbourne - Nicholas Naitanui - an absolute lock, barring a brain fade from the MFC recruiters.

2. West Coast - Daniel Rich - will help form a formidable future midfield core with Masten, Ebert and co.

3. Fremantle - Hamish Hartlett - next best midfielder after Rich. Will make a nice combo with Rhys Palmer.

4. Port Adelaide - Michael Hurley - with Wakelin done and Tredrea nearing the end, this kid will help fill the void.

5. Essendon - Jack Watts - Bombers hope they have drafted the next Hird.

6. Carlton - Lewis Johnstone - the Blues surprise everyone by snagging Johnstone this early.

7. Brisbane Lions - Jack Ziebell - Black, Power are getting old. Lappin gone. Ziebell a great pickup.

8. Richmond - Tyrone Vickery - Tigers could have the steal of the draft in Vickery.

9. Collingwood - Steele Sidebottom - aging midfield needs an immediate boost, and they will get one with this kid.

10. North Melbourne - Nick Suban - with Daniel Harris rumoured to be gone, Suban will slot in nicely.

11. Sydney - Mitch Robinson - a great pick for the Swans. Ready made midfielder.

12. Adelaide - Aaron Cornelius - wanted Johnstone, but are happy to snag Cornelius to boost their sagging key forward department.

13. St.Kilda - Shaun McKernan - nice insurance for their collection of tall misfits.

14. Western Bulldogs - Ayce Cordy - father/son.

15. Hawthorn - Sam Blease - fastest kid in the draft, the perfect foil for Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis etc.

16. Geelong - Jackson Trengrove - next best KPP a smart choice for team loaded with on-ball talent.

17. Melbourne - Chris Yarran - good get for the Dees at pick 17. A real talent.

18. West Coast - Matthew DeBoer - having just missed Yarran, Eagles snare DeBoer who coud play right away.

19. Melbourne - David Zharakis - dynamite onballer who can kick goals.

In conclusion, I have a bad feeling that the Demons will miss out on a highly rated KPP at 17 and 19 with Johnstone, Cornelius, Trengrove etc already gone.

It is the recommendation of Yze_Magic that Dean Bailey and the MFC do everything possible in trade week to trade for an extra pick inside the top 20, preferably between 8-12.

Thankyou.

Don't want Naita. Watts, Yarran and Zaharakis would be a great trio from the draft though.

Phantom drafts are pretty meaningless unless we know the final draft order. I reckon there might be one or two trades that affect that order and Hawthorn might suggest that they still might end up with pick 16 and not Geelong.

You really are a [censored], Trag.

Anyway, go look at what your former buddies have to say on the Freo and West Coast forums about Rich, Yarran, and Naitanui. They are being unmercifully caned for their performances in the WAFL GF today.

Rich - a disappointing spectating seagull who hangs out the back and gets little of the ball, despite his impressive physique

Yarran - a lazy undedicated footballer

Naitanui - severely lacks basic footy smarts and doesn't get involved enough

Enjoy the read.

You really are a [censored], Trag.

Anyway, go look at what your former buddies have to say on the Freo and West Coast forums about Rich, Yarran, and Naitanui. They are being unmercifully caned for their performances in the WAFL GF today.

Rich - a disappointing spectating seagull who hangs out the back and gets little of the ball, despite his impressive physique

Yarran - a lazy undedicated footballer

Naitanui - severely lacks basic footy smarts and doesn't get involved enough

Enjoy the read.

Wow, three 17 year olds failed to dominate the WAFL Grand Final hey?

What a bunch of hacks. I doubt any of them will get drafted now, but maybe we can grab one in the rookie draft.

:rolleyes:

I don't think even you're stupid enough to think that's what he was saying.

But then again . . .

And you clearly had no idea what I was getting at.

And based on the dribble you serve up on this forum I am not surprised.

Wow, three 17 year olds failed to dominate the WAFL Grand Final hey?

What a bunch of hacks. I doubt any of them will get drafted now, but maybe we can grab one in the rookie draft.

:rolleyes:

Stop saying 17 year olds. Naita is 18.

And i find it funny how you get stuck into Watts for not "dominating" at TAC level, playing against " pimple face" kids then comparing it to NikNat for playing against real men at the WAFL, if you knew anything you would know the WAFL really lacks the class it used to have. For god say Phil Read gets a gig.

I dont understand why all of a sudden you love niknat when you have hardly seen him play.

And the thing u keep missing is the risk involved with niknat, not playing wise but the go home factor. if you have heard him talk in interviews he has said on a number of times he wants to stay home and he really does pray he stays at home.

You want some guy like that , who does not WANT to play for your club?

"Rich looked very lazy for the first 3 quarters. Didn't get much of the ball, but when he did, he seldom made a mistake. Definitely a work ethic problem IMO, which explains his low statistics, but an intensive pre season at top flight level should burn that off. Only had 9 touches

Naitanui again showcasd is weaknesses. Still has a disposal problem, but i am far more concerned about his knowledge of the game, but considering his shortened exposure to footy, i'm sure he has plenty to improve in that area. Kicked a couple of nice goals and ad some great tackles.

Yarran was again very lazy. Is just so casual sometimes, dropped easy marks and made poor decisions. But when he turns it on he is electric."

If we don't get Watts i'm going to be so [censored] off...

Rich looks like TJ mark II

because he thinks he is the " next buddy franklin" even though he has no footy brain compared to the great buddy.

He will be as electifying as Buddy, different player though.

Vandelay, somewhat laconic and a possible sleeper in the draft. I have an entire file on him if anyone's interested.

I'll PM you with my e-mail address if you can send it thru that would be great, thanks!

I've got Wisbey's profile if you haven't seen it - unfortunately can't post it or I'll never get see another one.

I quite like Vandelay, but he's probably one of a number of players that could go in the 20-35 range. I personally don't see him pushing up any higher than mid second round, but there's a chance that West Coast (or maybe even us) would look at him with a priority pick. He's got a lot of upside and the reward could be massive, but I do worry about his intensity at times. I think a lot of what happens on draft day will come down to the interview.

I quite like Vandelay, but he's probably one of a number of players that could go in the 20-35 range. I personally don't see him pushing up any higher than mid second round, but there's a chance that West Coast (or maybe even us) would look at him with a priority pick. He's got a lot of upside and the reward could be massive, but I do worry about his intensity at times. I think a lot of what happens on draft day will come down to the interview.

Please. People already have a go at Valenti for being short and stocky yet Arthur's on your radar. Maybe a rookie list if we aren't picky.