Nick Natanui will go #1 now!

Demonic_Inferno

Guest Jack Watts
I dont think we'll take Naitinui. We just need to pick up a decent ruckman with Pick 17 or 19.

I agree with you there...

After all, wasn't Warnock like pick 24 anyway..?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Addam
I agree with you there...

After all, wasn't Warnock like pick 24 anyway..?

Selection 42 in 2005.

Naitinui could still come to the MFC. Depends on who the other Ruck prospects are.

Guest paxino27

End of the day Melbourne will take Jack Watts at number 1 because they will still get Robert Warnock at pick 1 in the pre-season draft because what do Carlton have to trade for Warnock? Nothing! Expect Melbourne and Fremantle to perform a Lachlan Veale style trade ala Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn over Jade Rawlings. I wouldn't be suprised if Melbourne trade Carroll and draft pick 19 or 35 for a low draft pick with the guarantee that Warnock will be available in the pre-season draft.

End of the day Melbourne will take Jack Watts at number 1 because they will still get Robert Warnock at pick 1 in the pre-season draft because what do Carlton have to trade for Warnock? Nothing! Expect Melbourne and Fremantle to perform a Lachlan Veale style trade ala Western Bulldogs and Hawthorn over Jade Rawlings. I wouldn't be suprised if Melbourne trade Carroll and draft pick 19 or 35 for a low draft pick with the guarantee that Warnock will be available in the pre-season draft.

End of the day, Melbourne will take Watts because we need a key forward more than any other postion on the ground, and he's the best prospect. You can always shark the opposing ruckmans taps. The Pies almost beat Geelong last year rucking with Chris Bryan.

The oppurtunity to get the very best player in the national draft has no reference to a position on the field

Naitanui has a great leap and amazing speed and not much else at this stage

No way would i pick him ahead of Watts , Rich and about 5 others

Watts looks the goods as he ticks more boxes that any other player

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we have to get this pick right

I like the look of Watts

He actually marks and kicks better than most of our current list

People should not get caught up in the 'Naitanui has no footy brain.' He is developing just fine in this regard and once in the afl season he will only improve.

He has the best athletacism and best leap of anyone currently playing in the afl. but what really sets him apart is his aggression, his tackling and his willingness to do the 1%ers. He also is quite a clever and effective handballer. his kicking skills are decent as well.

Only thing i'd say against him is that he doesn't get enough possessions around the ground.

He will be an excitment machine even if he never learns how to pick up cheap possies around the ground. If he does learn this, he will be a once-in-a-generation player who will reinvent how football is played.

The oppurtunity to get the very best player in the national draft has no reference to a position on the field

No way would i pick him ahead of Watts , Rich and about 5 others

Watts looks the goods as he ticks more boxes that any other player

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we have to get this pick right

I like the look of Watts

He actually marks and kicks better than most of our current list

People should not get caught up in the 'Naitanui has no footy brain.' He is developing just fine in this regard and once in the afl season he will only improve.

He has the best athletacism and best leap of anyone currently playing in the afl. but what really sets him apart is his aggression, his tackling and his willingness to do the 1%ers. He also is quite a clever and effective handballer. his kicking skills are decent as well.

Only thing i'd say against him is that he doesn't get enough possessions around the ground.

He will be an excitment machine even if he never learns how to pick up cheap possies around the ground. If he does learn this, he will be a once-in-a-generation player who will reinvent how football is played.

Watts vs Naitanui what a choice I for one would not relish making the decision.

After watching Videos of them play in the u18 Carnival I would lean more towards Naitanui. Why, he's fearless in his attack on the ball, he goes in fast and hard at it whether it's in the air or on the ground. Watts seemed to stay off the ball and hop around a lot and wait for it to come out.

Don't jump down my throat all you Watt's fans but he seemed a little bit precious and show ponyish.

Well anyway that's my opinion you might not agree with it, but hell you just read and you can't unread it so there nothing I can do about it. :P

Quote of the day from Wayde Twomey who plays for Swan Districts today in the WAFL Preliminary Final:

Much of the focus remains on Naitanui and Yarran who will be high draft picks and Twomey even finds himself marvelling at some of the things the pair can do.

"Every time Yarran balks someone and snaps a goal from the boundary you can't believe it and Naitanui can be on your head at any second. I went through the TAC Cup and these guys are the best I've seen, they are pure freaks."

source - The West Australian

Watts vs Naitanui what a choice I for one would not relish making the decision.

After watching Videos of them play in the u18 Carnival I would lean more towards Naitanui. Why, he's fearless in his attack on the ball, he goes in fast and hard at it whether it's in the air or on the ground. Watts seemed to stay off the ball and hop around a lot and wait for it to come out.

It's hard to have a valued opinion unless you've seen the subjects live. And often.

But thanks for your contribution.

It's hard to have a valued opinion unless you've seen the subjects live. And often.

You make a fair point Hannabal, and I'd be interested to know how many times Swampfox and Rhino have seen Naitanui play when they make statements like:

"Naitanui has a great leap and amazing speed and not much else at this stage". Swampfox

"Natanui will be three years away from commanding the No 1 ruck role (if he ever does) at senior level. By that time we will have Spencer coming through." Rhino

Prior to last year's draft, Carlton recruiting manager Wayne Hughes made the statement that Naitanui is a "one in a generation footballer, who'll bring people through the gates". So he obviously rated him a better prospect than Kreuzer.

Hannabal, in your opinion, do you think that Naita will play regular senior football next year?

Naita= Upside

Warnock= Money grabber

For the second year running, a boy who could have joined the dees (Juddas was the first), has opted to play for those dirty friggin bastards down at Carlton.

I cannot get over the cap room they have, I get the feeling this will one day come back to bite them (ala essendon early 200s, having to dump 5 seniors players- although, Heffernen did nothing when he left!)

Well that's true I guess but I never said my opinion was valued just that it was my opinion.

I wonder how you value opinions anyway, frankly it must be like lots of things in life, it all depends self perception.

Thanks for that dismissive and somewhat passive aggressive reply by the way :rolleyes::lol:

Yeah, nothing boosts my estimation of a player than seeing them publicly nominate a specific club for trade, putting their own club in a jam and alienating other clubs, more than a month out from trade week.

There's an element of sour grapes, sure, but this isn't positive behaviour.

Unless of course the whole thing is a ploy to make Carlton and Freo waste time staring each-other down at the trade table, until the whole thing collapses and we pick him up in the PSD.

I still prefer Watts for No. 1 pick, though.

Guest RunAndCarrySucks

Yeah Eastie but he is a much improved player now perhaps he might be ready to step up

You are most likely right as such a big man with great below the knees skills could be an awesome midfielder

this is v intersting

the dees were set on getting warnock, and now, can only hope that freo do a little dealing with us behind the table, and that carlton's deal falls through

watts is now at about 90% guarenteed to be our pick..rather than 100%..interesting

i still think watts, maybe worth trading someone so we can get another top 20 pick to draft tyrone vickery- absolute gun

cos we want blease and zaharakis at 17,19

Naita= Upside

Warnock= Money grabber

For the second year running, a boy who could have joined the dees (Juddas was the first), has opted to play for those dirty friggin bastards down at Carlton.

I cannot get over the cap room they have, I get the feeling this will one day come back to bite them (ala essendon early 200s, having to dump 5 seniors players- although, Heffernen did nothing when he left!)

Yeah wait till Gibbs goes back to adelaide when he realises he aint gonna be paid his worth. He's about to explode that kid.