Pratt to develop Princes park

beelzebub

Pratts Vysion for Princes Park

Now on the surface this looks all well and good. Very commendable, but certain niggling qualities irk away !!

Judd to become Visy's community environmental ambassador. !!wtf ??, is this honorary ? How many will suddenly have paypackets from Visy I wonder ??

This is the same Pratt who's been convicted of lying to the feds. ( sorry Mods..but a spade's a spade ) This is a club notorious for salary cap breaches. This club , Carlton, has a less than enviable track record ( at least we dobbed ourselves in )

I hope the AFL and all other clubs put this under the microscope. Just smells like a very well organised scam to me.

Still it could be on the up and up...maye even Carlton has to start somewhere !! :huh:

Still the one good aspect.. takes theis ground off of a list of Melbournes third !!

Be amazing if they can suddenly afford Kerr and a few more with ease !!! <_<

Now on the surface this looks all well and good. Very commendable, but certain niggling qualities irk away !!

Judd to become Visy's community environmental ambassador. !!wtf ??, is this honorary ?

Did you read the article? :P

Visy's complex relationship involving Judd as a highly-paid ambassador and its sponsorship of Carlton has only recently been ticked off by the AFL and investigations manager Ken Wood.

That has allowed Visy to today unveil Judd as its environmental ambassador.

Did you read the article? :P

yes..I know... but when this fellow puts something up..I am just forced to be sceptical.

What they say..and what they do...historically are two different things :)

Guest Golgothan

This is a joke, the AFL are effectively letting VISY pay Judd a shitload of money to do a couple of media appearances and give a couple of environmental talks to the kiddies. The below is pretty obvious that they've said "well we can offer you $700,00 a year, and you like the environment right, well we'll get dick to create a position for you worth another $500,000 a year."

The use of Judd as a Visy green ambassador was a key factor in the club luring him from West Coast last year.

It's not outside the rules, but this is a big reason why we wouldn't be able to sign an established 'marquee' player from another club, because we're not well enough connected. I've heard recently that Brown is being linked to several major sponsorship deals, but he'd need to stay in brisbane to get them, so he'll be on well over what his footy contract is worth.

I was always sceptical of Judd or Brown even being a possibility at melbourne, because while i'm sure we could offer some sponsorship deals on top of their contract, it would pale in significance to the additional outside of football money offered by bigger clubs.

Guest melbman

We could offer sponsorship from the Cranbourne "fish & chip" shop and call it the "Casey's Catch" ambassador. Mmmmm, two bob a week plus all the fish you can eat

The whole thing reeks if you ask me.

We're talking millions of dollars of Government and AFL funding to do what exactly?

A ) build a facility for Carlton.

B ) paint it green, add a rainwater tank, and a solar hot water heater.

The term 'Greenwashing' comes to mind.

Meanwhile, seriously - consider any other player sponsorship deal worth six figures - they'd have to work their butt off for it - there would be billboards with them, shop windows with them using the product, crappy shampoo ads, rubbish everywhere.

Chris Judd, the best known, highest profile AFL player, is on a hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars-a-year contract to promote Visy... and you wouldn't know it unless you read the sports news carefully.

Garbage. Complete box of crap.

I was always sceptical of Judd or Brown even being a possibility at melbourne, because while i'm sure we could offer some sponsorship deals on top of their contract, it would pale in significance to the additional outside of football money offered by bigger clubs.

These guys would of looked well out of place down Collins Street! well, Jonathon Brown would anyway. ;)

As much as I LOATH the Carlton Football Club and wish them nothing but failure and misery, you can't blame them for trying to work around the cap. It is 100% the AFL's fault for allowing crap like this to go on.

I have no doubt that we too offered Judd deals that fall outside of the cap, and so we should have. But trust the AFL to investigate us for talking to Warnock, but letting Carlton get away with what is basically cheating.

A disgrace of the highest order but one that doesn't surprise me even a little. The AFL's administration team is the single biggest problem facing the game today. If anyone can ruin 150 years of tradition and success, it's the current people in charge.

As much as I LOATH the Carlton Football Club and wish them nothing but failure and misery, you can't blame them for trying to work around the cap. It is 100% the AFL's fault for allowing crap like this to go on.

I have no doubt that we too offered Judd deals that fall outside of the cap, and so we should have. But trust the AFL to investigate us for talking to Warnock, but letting Carlton get away with what is basically cheating.

A disgrace of the highest order but one that doesn't surprise me even a little. The AFL's administration team is the single biggest problem facing the game today. If anyone can ruin 150 years of tradition and success, it's the current people in charge.

Agree Jaded. Doesn't suprise me at all what the "Carlton Crew" were able to offer Judd. The AFL's admin have massive issues such as this. Let's not forget what J.Akermanis has brought to light regarding random Testing. How on earth the AFL and ASADA expect to clean up the game, when the same three players have been random tested the last 3 times they have visited the Bulldogs!

Don't get me started on the rules committee.

Don't get me started on the selection committee for the NAB and All Australian selections.... ;)

yes..I know... but when this fellow puts something up..I am just forced to be sceptical.

What they say..and what they do...historically are two different things :)

You asked about whether it's honorary and said it should be looked into.

The article clearly states Judd is getting paid, and also reports that the AFL investigated.

That's why I was asking you about whether you'd had read the article, not any of the other stuff :)

All this does it simply prove the AFL is corrupt. They are allowing Dick Pratt (A criminal of course), to pack Chris Judd outside the salary cap.

He (Judd) is a revolting human being.

You asked about whether it's honorary and said it should be looked into.

The article clearly states Judd is getting paid, and also reports that the AFL investigated.

That's why I was asking you about whether you'd had read the article, not any of the other stuff :)

Quite frankly Rogue..and I know your only having a whimsical dig..it just beggars disbelief that the AFL can be complicit in this.

So when are extraodinary pecuniary benefits judged to be cap worthy and when arent they ??

It makes a mockery of the whole thing..and its sanctified. Either the AFL are corrupt ( morally or criminally ) or just a bunch of imbeciles..and theres plenty of evidence for that argument !!

So when are extraodinary pecuniary benefits judged to be cap worthy and when arent they ??

Exactly the right questions! ................... and are all the key considerations behind these judgements well known by all clubs, and are they applied even-handedly throughout the competition?

Quite frankly Rogue..and I know your only having a whimsical dig..it just beggars disbelief that the AFL can be complicit in this.

I never said your concerns were unwarranted...

...simply that it seemed you hadn't read the article when you initially posted (given your comments on whether or not Judd was receiving payment + the need for an AFL investigation).

It'd be interesting to have an answer to this question:

Judd's face was already all over the Visy semitrailer that drove past me a few weeks back. Nothing worse than waking up, walking to the bus stop and seeing that bloody arrogant smirk at the lights. Bleugh.

C4C, it hurts even more that he supported the Dees as a kid. Hope Grimesy teaches him a thing or two one day!