Brad Green value on the market?

Neita3000

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be absolutely stoked to get pick 16!!!!!!!!!!

Pick 1, 16, 17, 19!!!! 4 top 20 picks! Possibly giving one to freo for Warnock.

Yep,

It also gives us the salary cap room to pay him that exorbitant amount.

Dandeeman's post seems to hold water. It's the lead sports story on SEN right now.

There's (some) chance we might get another early pick.

But the most interesting point made was that this still didn't spoil the potential Warnock deal for Melbourne.

If all the cards fall our way that is.

Now it's getting interesting.

Just been reported on 10 sport that this is what is being looked at

Okeefe to Hawks

Green to Swans

Pick 16 to Us

Makes sense

That would be a massive win for the MFC. Fingers crossed

ps roost it

who was the player in your signature referring too???

I was imagining how I'd like Jack Watts to answer said questions, or any prospective draftee really. You never know, maybe that's what Jack Grimes said as he was (still is) a big Demon Fan

hey yze magic- hows your davey deal looking????

The media will get hold of that deal tomorrow, and it will be completed on Fiday.

Stay tuned.

Guest Schtacker
The media will get hold of that deal tomorrow, and it will be completed on Fiday.

Stay tuned.

you mean you are working on your lame excuse as to why it didn't happen it will be completed on Friday

For some unknown reason I actually believe this whole Davey deal could happen.... Just got a txt message from a mate who is good friends with a couple of Port's youngsters asking if I had heard anything of this possible deal?!?!?!

I asked him where he had heard the rumour and he said a few of the Port boys had been talking about it at a poker night.....

PS. Also confirmed that he had not read it here.... When I asked if he had heard of DemonLand.... He replied "The way you drink, swear and carry on, you will get there when you die" :P

Guest Schtacker
Just been reported on 10 sport that this is what is being looked at

Okeefe to Hawks

Green to Swans

Pick 16 to Us

Makes sense

What an absolute steal for us

Imagine our 3-year haul

'07

4 Morton

14 Grimes

17 Maric

'08

1 Watts

16 ?

17 ?

19 ?

'09

1 ?

2 ?

19 ?

That's TEN top-20 picks including 1,1,2 and 4

That's not even Carlton stuff, that's Gold Coast stuff

geez. steady the hell up. Green hasnt even said that he wants to leave us yet! Secondly, we are soooooooooooo har away from getting the 09 draft picks 1 + 2 its not funny. Are people forgetting west coast? they have a young list too(if not younger) and also qualified for a priority pick this year. Talk about jumping the bloody gun.

What an absolute steal for us

Imagine our 3-year haul

'07

4 Morton

14 Grimes

17 Maric

'08

1 Watts

16 ?

17 ?

19 ?

'09

1 ?

2 ?

19 ?

That's TEN top-20 picks including 1,1,2 and 4

That's not even Carlton stuff, that's Gold Coast stuff

I'm not sure if this is optimistic or pessimistic... oh no, pessimism would have us beating Carlton again in the last round to lose a pick

Guest Schtacker
geez. steady the hell up. Green hasnt even said that he wants to leave us yet! Secondly, we are soooooooooooo har away from getting the 09 draft picks 1 + 2 its not funny. Are people forgetting west coast? they have a young list too(if not younger) and also qualified for a priority pick this year. Talk about jumping the bloody gun.

Are you kidding? We are absolutely odds on to finish last with less than 5 wins which means pick 1 and 2! Every football follower in the country would tell you that. WCE would have to out-crap us to take 1+3 and then we'd get 2+4.... which is Cotchin/Morton or Rich/Vickery which is just terrible isn't it?

It now also appears more-than-likely that Green is going, maybe not for 16 but for 25-ish max which is still good

The other 8 of those 10 picks or similar are set in stone

How bout you steady the hell up and look at the facts at hand?

Unbelievable

Guest Schtacker
I'm not sure if this is optimistic or pessimistic... oh no, pessimism would have us beating Carlton again in the last round to lose a pick

Yes we can lose one, but the only side we can give one to is the Eagles

4 wins boys, bring it home in 09.

It's optimism by the way. What is pessimistic about 10 top-20 picks?

Are you kidding? We are absolutely odds on to finish last with less than 5 wins which means pick 1 and 2! Every football follower in the country would tell you that. WCE would have to out-crap us to take 1+3 and then we'd get 2+4.... which is Cotchin/Morton or Rich/Vickery which is just terrible isn't it?

It now also appears more-than-likely that Green is going, maybe not for 16 but for 25-ish max which is still good

The other 8 of those 10 picks or similar are set in stone

How bout you steady the hell up and look at the facts at hand?

Unbelievable

okay lets look at the facts. west coast got a priority pick this season and have a younger team than us so clearly there is a big chance that they will finish last next season.

Guest Schtacker
okay lets look at the facts. west coast got a priority pick this season and have a younger team than us so clearly there is a big chance that they will finish last next season.

Yes but even if that happens we get 2 and 4 which is obviously massive . As i have pointed out.

if we get 4 wins or less we get two of the top 4 which is an absolute FACT (unless of course they change the rule between now and then)

I get why but are we seriously going to argue now, at this point in time, over whether we are "good" enough to finish last next season?

Lets get through all this first and then cross that particular bridge and while I understand the upside of another bottom finish, I honestly don't particularly want to be there again, whether it is likely (which it is) or not. And you shouldn't be wishing for it no matter what good intentions you have.

As for Greeny if the No. 16 miraculously comes our way for him then so be it and it would be a great deal for us.

But please don't forget that the Swans are a team that is crying out for a hell of a lot more young talent, and if they can get their hands on, after a huge personnel sacrifice, another first round draft pick, I am not convinced they are simply going to let it go for another 28-year old player, which while very good at what he does, doesn't really improve them all that much and doesn't solve their aging list issues.

Just my opinion :mellow: !!!

Guest Schtacker
I honestly don't particularly want to be there again, whether it is likely (which it is) or not. And you shouldn't be wishing for it no matter what good intentions you have.

Obviouly this year was a nightmare and to have to experience as a supporter and 07 was not much better. The fact is we are genuinely in the poo as a club and I believe we all have to bite our lips and cop one more horrible year so we can horde some picks before GC. We also have to make some tough calls and clear out some good players. Otherwise I simply cannot see us getting good enough to be a force again which is far more horrifying than one more bad year. Carlton has just had 5 bad ones, Richmond has had 25. We can handle 1 more.

You are right about the Green deal, the fact 90% of us are behind it means it is too good to be true. Doesn't mean we can't sweeten it with something else or obtain more picks other ways. It's about asking yourself what is the real value of keeping Green at the club vs what is the real value of quality draft picks. Absolute no-brainer for me.

We can handle 1 more.

Can we?

You are right about the Green deal, the fact 90% of us are behind it means it is too good to be true. Doesn't mean we can't sweeten it with something else or obtain more picks other ways. It's about asking yourself what is the real value of keeping Green at the club vs what is the real value of quality draft picks. Absolute no-brainer for me.

I have said that Green is one of the few players I would prefer to keep and I have said why on numerous occasions and will not go into it again here (because repetition does not make it fact), but I am more than happy to concede for the right price anyone is up and he is no exception, but I still don't think it will happen.

Nothing really new but......

Waiting for Green light

I found this quote interesting -

Demons football manager Chris Connolly remains confident Green will stay.

A leader at Melbourne, Green made a passionate speech about the club's future at last week's best-and-fairest count.

"It's a difficult one for Greeny, but we're confident he will stay at Melbourne," Connolly said.

To me it seems like a terribly odd thing for any player that is looking at leaving a club to make a speech at the B&F about the future of that club.