The excitement of a 1 point win!!

That mark Miller took in the square sent a shiver up my spine! A big forward taking a big mark to win the game! What a weapon!

I was sitting Southern Stand, Level 2a - front and centre behind the goals. Brad Miller taking the mark was one thing... Him kicking it straight into my arms was the best moment of footy in my life to date. I just held the ball for ages and celebrated to the ecstatic fans behind me!!! (lol I was hoping to get on tv... :lol: )

What a win!!!

Yeah unbelievable stuff. Nearly had a heart attack, cant believe we actually got back. Was sitting behind the goals that quarter, quite a few left when lions got 2 goals in front, boy would they have been spewing haha. Millers marking ability is becoming very dukeish!

quite a few left when lions got 2 goals in front, boy would they have been spewing haha.

Yeah, a Melbourne couple in front of me left at that point, around the 30-min mark. I thought we were gone too - the quarter went much longer than I - and them, no doubt! - expected.

Nothing said it more about our courage and determination of Paul Johnson's chase down the members wing to finally tackle down Justin Sherman.

I thought he played a great match today.

There were so many memorable moments that showed absolute passion my chest swelled with pride.

Lets hope the momentum continues.

Go Dees!

I was sitting Southern Stand, Level 2a - front and centre behind the goals. Brad Miller taking the mark was one thing... Him kicking it straight into my arms was the best moment of footy in my life to date. I just held the ball for ages and celebrated to the ecstatic fans behind me!!! (lol I was hoping to get on tv... :lol: )

What a win!!!

serious? thats awesome. i should have stayed with you after half time!

i cant believe miller took those contested marks today, it was fantastic.

i also cant believe how long that last quarter went for. what a joke. nearly 34 minutes?

i cant believe miller took those contested marks today, it was fantastic.

i also cant believe how long that last quarter went for. what a joke. nearly 34 minutes?

A 34 minute qtr and we win by one beautiful point!! Ripper. Me, I'm sitting in Bangkok airport all day wondering what I'm missing. Thanks for the fantastic summaries and magic moments, I can almost see Miller's grab in my mind now.

Timmuns, you caught it.. you LEGEND!!!

Thanks guys

A 34 minute qtr and we win by one beautiful point!! Ripper. Me, I'm sitting in Bangkok airport all day wondering what I'm missing. Thanks for the fantastic summaries and magic moments, I can almost see Miller's grab in my mind now.

Timmuns, you caught it.. you LEGEND!!!

Thanks guys

think the ball going high into a pack of players in the goal square (4 i think, miller, green?, 2 brisbane players)...it looks to be going high over the pack, which moves back to follow the ball, miller jumps and stretches back and gets the ball at full stretch, green comes from the side, and two brisbane players crash into the pack as well, including millers player who was playing in front jumping back also trying to mark. miller holds the ball, green gets his hands on it, but miller keeps hold and lands flat on his back with the ball in his mits.

the crowd are on there feet. (my dad says 'dont cheer too much, he hasnt kicked it yet' hahahaha)

think the ball going high into a pack of players in the goal square (4 i think, miller, green?, 2 brisbane players)...it looks to be going high over the pack, which moves back to follow the ball, miller jumps and stretches back and gets the ball at full stretch, green comes from the side, and two brisbane players crash into the pack as well, including millers player who was playing in front jumping back also trying to mark. miller holds the ball, green gets his hands on it, but miller keeps hold and lands flat on his back with the ball in his mits.

the crowd are on there feet. (my dad says 'dont cheer too much, he hasnt kicked it yet' hahahaha)

Thx deanox I'll replay that over and over on the plane tonight, which is still 3 hours away. Plus the sequel, Timmuns catching it and showing it to all the Brisbane fans. FanTASTIC !

Nobody will believe this, but during the last quarter I told dad that I have this really strong feeling that Miller will take a mark and kick the winning goal (he is my witness, so I am not making this up)... and no, I don't know next week's lotto numbers :o

Actually the turning point was when we were 11 points down a seagull nailed me with some droppings. Was considering buying a lotto ticket but the win will do.

I got done by a seagull TWICE when we played Freo.

Those seagulls sure know their stuff... follow one around and you'll soon make a lot of money at the TAB :lol:

Nobody will believe this, but during the last quarter I told dad that I have this really strong feeling that Miller will take a mark and kick the winning goal (he is my witness, so I am not making this up)... and no, I don't know next week's lotto numbers :o

thats nothing. at half time at the freo game i warned a freo acquaintance about the pending comeback but they didnt believe me.

thats nothing. at half time at the freo game i warned a freo acquaintance about the pending comeback but they didnt believe me.

Thats great babe, but do you know the lotto numbers ;) :D ?!!!

I'm in Mexico at the moment and had to rely on text messages from my brother. But I had a dream we would win the night before the game.

I was well progressed in the nightly ritual of getting intoxicated when I realized I didn't have my phoe on me. Ran back to my hotel room to see the message "up by 4 goals in the 2nd". Not realizing it was the early game, i texted back that I had a good feeling and to keep the texts coming. 2 minutes later I get a message "5 points down with 2 mins to go". Then I got "just hit the lead".

The next few minutes whilst my brother was probably singing the song were the longest few minutes of my life. When i got the message "won by a point...", I dead set cried for 15 minutes in the middle of the bar, before shouting the closest 4 Aussies I could find a tequila shot (and 2 for myself!!!).

This means more to the club than any 1st draft pick, and having read the dribble from some tools in another thread about being upset for winning, I have to say I have no idea where they're coming from. Winning games of football is everything. Full stop. I'm still crying even the morning after and desperately trying to download the highlights on afl.com on the slowest computer in history.

GO DEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How loud was the crowd yesterday? that last quarter, it was like there was 60,000 demons supporters!!

honestly, the noise made when a free kick was missed or paid, a tackle was made, a mark taken in defence, etc...

thought we were gone and would have been happy with a tight loss but when the men in yello changed the momentum of the game three times yesterday, well i said stuff this!!

come you on demons!

Fanstastic WIN!!! I have the sore throat to prove it.

PJ running him down, Buckly sprinting off the back line THROUGHT THE MIDDLE, Miller marking consistantly, CJ getting plenty of it (although not disposing well), AUSSIE flashing down the wing with 5 in support all sharing it around and Green kicking what i was sure was a goal.

But the question still remained in my mind, what does this mean for the priority? Can anyone tell me? Where do we have to finish/points?