H_T

Make up your 5 member leadership group: -

I will kick things off now: -

1/Brock McLean

2/Brad Green

3/Brad Miller

4/James McDonald

5/Matthew Bate

Unlucky: And if Jared Rivers could out on the park he would be a monty for me.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/Brock McLean

2/Brad Green

3/Brad Miller

4/James McDonald

5/Matthew Bate

Brock(V.Capt)

Miller

Davey

Jones

McDonald(Capt)

Although Bruce will probably replace Davey

Green - Possible trade bait. I know, I know, but he's got value and he's getting on.

1/Brock McLean

2/Brad Green

3/Brad Miller

4/James McDonald

5/Matthew Bate

High Tower,

is Matthew Bate leadership material??

Green (Captn)

McLean (Vice Captn)

Rivers

Miller

Jones

I don't know whether Bruce and Junior will be at the club next season hence their exclusion.

Agree with yours, paddo. Out with the old and in with the new.

I'd also like Moloney in there too.

I'd love to see Brock captain next year. Give the kid some responsibility and let him grow into the role, while the team grows around him.

Never been a fan of leadership groups so I'll say

Brock- capt

Green- v.c

Jones, Bruce or Miller- d.v.c

Agree with yours, paddo. Out with the old and in with the new.

I'd also like Moloney in there too.

Green....Capt

McLean

Miller

McDonald

Bruce or Davey

Seems majority so far have Green as Capt.....a big tick from me

Tough one. Green maybe? McLean? Not sure. The candidates for mine would be Green, Brock, Junior, Cam and depending on the next two months, Miller and Davey.

High Tower,

is Matthew Bate leadership material??

I wouldn`t have thought so last year but seems to have progressed well this year. He speaks well and holds himself well in interviews. With a few of the others being party boys he could be a good leader. Having said all this i don`t know him from a bar of soap. Just my two bobs worth. As for Davey... well i don`t want to have a crack at him but he seems far from leadership material.

I think Bate needs another strong season before he is considered for the leadership group, his leadership qualities should continue to be developed behind the scenes though.

As for Davey... well i don`t want to have a crack at him but he seems far from leadership material.

How so? I could see how you'd put others ahead of him, you seem to be suggesting that theres obvious reasons as to why he's not up to it though.

Personally I never think Davey will be 4 quarter workhorse, its just the nature of his game. He is a match turner though, probably the only one we really have. I think he needs to take that on as a responsibility and a leadership role could be good for him that sense. His game is currently missing that extra level where he really dictates play, a leadership role could help push him to that level.

Co Captains:

Brad Green

Brock McLean

Vice Captains:

C.Bruce

J.Rivers

N.Jones

I think our leadership group for next year should be completely different to this year but as the players are responsible I doubt that it will change much.

McLean is now ready to take the mantle, he is easily our most consistent performer and will lead by example but as he's still quite young give him a season or two with Green to take the pressure off. Green also deserves to be rewarded for a strong year.

Picking the VC's just demonstrates how much depth we lack in leadership qualities, Bruce will probably get the nod, Jones will eventually get the gig and Rivers is a big chance if he can get through the pre-season without another injury.

Green: Captain (only for 2 years until Jack Grimes has served his apprentiship)

McLean: Vice Captain

Grimes: Vice Captain

Jones: Deputy

Miller: Deputy

As the players are empowered to pick the leadership group its big call to have Green not "good enough" to be a leader this year but could be captain next year. Big mover up the list.

As has been pointed out on other threads, Lynden Dunn has an issue with the physical side of the game and has only recently returned to the MFC side from Sandy. I doubt under Bailey's criteria that the players will be provided with that Dunn would get up.

The only certainties for leadership next year IMO are Brock and Miller. I doubt whether Junior has another year in and if so whether he can justify the form for Captain. Bruce could be a possible for a trade. Yze will be gone. Robbo must be doubtful. Rivers is subject to injury and I was surprised that Rivers was voted in by the players in the leadership group. What did he lack this year that will change this year. Green needs to impress the other players that he is a leader. I think he will get in.