Off to Canberra

ucanchoose

Decent effort, once again though we just dont have the quality to push on and get the win.

Chris Johnson did well, looked polished running off the back flank and didnt let O'Keefe do to much.

Dunn was good, ran hard and presented better than we've seen before.

Bate was classy again, one of our best players.

Paul Johnson presented really well. About time to, cause Miller just isnt good enough to hold down the Centre Half Forward position and really do everything in it.

Solid effort, everyone did well. Looking for Bartram & Frawley to improve their foot skills, even Miller.

Paul Johnson presented really well. About time to, cause Miller just isnt good enough to hold down the Centre Half Forward position and really do everything in it.

What a strange comment. PJ played FF not CHF, and was a recipient of Miller's hard work up the ground. FYI, Miller took 11 marks and kicked a goal today, so it's not like he was MIA.

cause Miller just isnt good enough to hold down the Centre Half Forward position and really do everything in it.

You need to get off his back. Either you don't understand the game or you expect him to be Buddy Franklin. He's a good forward who has been working his butt off this year to improve his game and the team's. Once we start improving and the delivery improves he'll go from good to very good and then finally you might realise what he's upto. He presents all day and never drops his head or shows his frustration at the poor delivery he receives at times. Not to mention that it's a tough gig being a forward at Melbourne at the moment. From where I sit he's going to be play a key role for us going forward

What a strange comment. PJ played FF not CHF, and was a recipient of Miller's hard work up the ground. FYI, Miller took 11 marks and kicked a goal today, so it's not like he was MIA.

I got the impression that PJ was shifted up to CHF/HF flank in that 3rd quarter and Miller was pushed deeper. Or, both players were starting inside 50 and pushing up hard to the footy on opposite flanks, but i wasnt at the ground so i cant say for sure.

PJ really got on his bike in the 3rd term, seemed to me that he was playing true CHF and charging in off the line at centre clearances. He did seem to play at FF for the majority of the match though, and to my memory only competed in one centre ruck bounce?

But in that 3rd quarter he definitely looked like he was playing CHF, and doing it really well! His strong marking and leading in particular, in tandem with Miller, really helped to straighten us up and were the main catalyst to our turnaround after half time IMO. He looked big and agile and almost too quick for Leo Barry and Ted Richards!

FWIW, I liked Miller's game today too. Continues to work hard, even when the chips are down and he gets no easy supply. He'll benefit a lot with improved output from the midfield i think.

You need to get off his back. Either you don't understand the game or you expect him to be Buddy Franklin. He's a good forward who has been working his butt off this year to improve his game and the team's. Once we start improving and the delivery improves he'll go from good to very good and then finally you might realise what he's upto. He presents all day and never drops his head or shows his frustration at the poor delivery he receives at times. Not to mention that it's a tough gig being a forward at Melbourne at the moment. From where I sit he's going to be play a key role for us going forward

I thought Miller was excellent today, and his becoming very consistent. But in all honesty he just isnt good enough to be able to give us what we need at CHF.

i thought an exceptional effort after quarter time...however, that 50m penality killed us

we could have won if it wasnt for that

That was bad but Dunn's miss when the margin was about 16 points was worse I thought. It came just before the 50m; that was a real chance.

I got the impression that PJ was shifted up to CHF/HF flank in that 3rd quarter and Miller was pushed deeper. Or, both players were starting inside 50 and pushing up hard to the footy on opposite flanks, but i wasnt at the ground so i cant say for sure.

PJ really got on his bike in the 3rd term, seemed to me that he was playing true CHF and charging in off the line at centre clearances. He did seem to play at FF for the majority of the match though, and to my memory only competed in one centre ruck bounce?

But in that 3rd quarter he definitely looked like he was playing CHF, and doing it really well! His strong marking and leading in particular, in tandem with Miller, really helped to straighten us up and were the main catalyst to our turnaround after half time IMO. He looked big and agile and almost too quick for Leo Barry and Ted Richards!

FWIW, I liked Miller's game today too. Continues to work hard, even when the chips are down and he gets no easy supply. He'll benefit a lot with improved output from the midfield i think.

We were sitting at that end of the ground Doggo. Even though he got the ball about two or three times up on the HFF, he was definately playing FF. He was used very sparingly in the ruck today. They used him pretty well IMO. He was left isolated to lead one on one with Leo Barry, quite often they'd kick long to a one on one contest and back the person on the lead to take the mark or get the free kick. I don't think PJ's great overhead, but on the lead he was better than OK today. Kicked a nice goal from the pocket today, but needs to improve his kicking at goal in general to be a consistent forward.

We were sitting at that end of the ground Doggo. Even though he got the ball about two or three times up on the HFF, he was definately playing FF. He was used very sparingly in the ruck today. They used him pretty well IMO. He was left isolated to lead one on one with Leo Barry, quite often they'd kick long to a one on one contest and back the person on the lead to take the mark or get the free kick. I don't think PJ's great overhead, but on the lead he was better than OK today. Kicked a nice goal from the pocket today, but needs to improve his kicking at goal in general to be a consistent forward.

Thanks grazman.

I've seen a lot of PJ from juniors all the way up to now, and whilst he's never been the best mark above his head, his hands out in front of his face have always been vice like. Well suited to that kind of role. His kicking is also very good- at junior level he was an exceptionally accurate long kick- so i think its a case of confidence more than anything. His technique is textbook perfect, esp for a man of his size, and drilling that goal from 50 on the boundary today wouldve done his confidence a world of good.

I thought Miller was excellent today, and his becoming very consistent. But in all honesty he just isnt good enough to be able to give us what we need at CHF.

he needs to kick two goals a week, even when having an average game. he is a CHF, and while its great that he gets lots of marks and disposals, he needs to hurt opposition teams on the scoreboard. id be ecstatic if brown, or riewaldt or franklin or richardson took 15 marks and got 20 touches and kicked 1 goal.

Right, I'm back and had a good weekend despite Barry Hall's rough stuff and Warnock's inability to run with a sloth. Some observations.

1. I thought the crowd was good. Well behaved and good in number. Very happy for us to go there again.

2. Can the Swans please elect a new leader of the cheer squad. THID - NEY are not a team.

3. Green is a superstar. No two ways about that. Even the well educated Carton supporter beside me couldn't disagree.

4. The changing sheds at Manuka have a good idea. A glass panel so people can look in. All the boys were very dejected after the game and can't have liked all the people looking at them like that. A bit of a rocket.

5. Is there anywhere to eat in Canberra on a Sunday night?

6. All in all some very good things can be taken out of this. Dunn in the Ling mould, when we ran through the middle we looked alright.

Anyone else notice the absurd amount of whinging that comes from "Big-Bad-Barry"?

It amazes me. At least Richo comes from passion and frustration, usually stemming from crap delivery and umpiring.

Hall just comes off as a spoilt little brat, great service, usually good umpires, but still whinges about everything

Right, I'm back and had a good weekend despite Barry Hall's rough stuff and Warnock's inability to run with a sloth. Some observations.

1. I thought the crowd was good. Well behaved and good in number. Very happy for us to go there again.

Certainly was a good crowd. I was there too sitting behind the MFC Cheersquad. Great view

Anyone else notice the absurd amount of whinging that comes from "Big-Bad-Barry"?

It amazes me. At least Richo comes from passion and frustration, usually stemming from crap delivery and umpiring.

Hall just comes off as a spoilt little brat, great service, usually good umpires, but still whinges about everything

Yeah i did notice that. Especially in the last quarter