What our club needs??

Surfa

What is the most essential thing that our club needs to succeed in the long run???

Flag?

Money?

Supporters?

better Players?

training Facility?

New coach?

New board members?

harder players?

More skill?

what is really needed to sustain the growth of the club and to insure it will always be here??

what does coliingwood and essendon have that we dont??

we have premierships

players i dont think come into the long term

so it must be our board members??

now that most are newish are we leading into the right areas for success? or are we just dipping our fingers into lots of pies hoping to find something good??

i want to help maintain melb to be a strong club forever.. but having money doesnt seem to be enough( joseph Gutnick)

what are we really lacking??

Is it the team colors that dont fit into society as far as marketability??and sponsership?

is it we have no assests?

how can we have been so powerfull in the past and not even have a training ground now?

Can anyone makes this questions easy for me to understand??

or am i missing a easy solution?

There are no easy answers.

One that sticks out to me is the fact that the club is still divided after the merger in '96. Only 12 years ago, and it split the club and those wiling to work for the club. And, let's face it, Gutnick was not the saviour that we all thought.

Plans are underway to bring people back into the fold and that is a good start. Other than consolidation of every aspect that you mentioned, we also need patience.

Not just the fans, but sponsors and the AFL. I think we will get it.

And I think we will get it right.

Sooner or later...

There are no easy answers.

One that sticks out to me is the fact that the club is still divided after the merger in '96. Only 12 years ago, and it split the club and those wiling to work for the club. And, let's face it, Gutnick was not the saviour that we all thought.

Plans are underway to bring people back into the fold and that is a good start. Other than consolidation of every aspect that you mentioned, we also need patience.

Not just the fans, but sponsors and the AFL. I think we will get it.

And I think we will get it right.

Sooner or later...

lets hope so... atleast you actually put some thought into your response ...

What is the most essential thing that our club needs to succeed in the long run???

Supporters?

The club has long ago turned it's back on the grass roots supporters, whilst basking with the 'elite'. The combination of this together with many years of misery & dissappointments has seen a lot of supporters give it away leaving the diehards who'll tolerate almost anything.

The last few years have seen a team that has played outside noncontact style football that leaves the me feeling totally unfullfilled & angry to change things, or else just give it away as well...

i would love to see a plan at capturing the imagination of the tin lids...it seem that they go to some schools and some villages whatever but everything they do is on a small and forgettable scale.. granted funds arent there but what is the use of send heroes to a school ....once....

the kids forget after a little while... lok at commercials that advertise for kids its always the same.. repition repetition with a dash of cartoon figures for realism lol(shrek)

is there a way we can appeal to a large contingent of kids that will be sustainable??

donate melbourne footies to every primary school in there sports section.. so when the kids have a kick they think of melb... we need to attract the next bunch of melb supports instead of trying to woo a bunch of old men from the mcc.

i come up with heaps of crap ideas lol Maybe get our players to star as actors in the next aussie movie about football lol

i am an idea's man...

think i will go dig a hole...

i would love to see a plan at capturing the imagination of the tin lids...it seem that they go to some schools and some villages whatever but everything they do is on a small and forgettable scale.. granted funds arent there but what is the use of send heroes to a school ....once....

the kids forget after a little while... lok at commercials that advertise for kids its always the same.. repition repetition with a dash of cartoon figures for realism lol(shrek)

is there a way we can appeal to a large contingent of kids that will be sustainable??

donate melbourne footies to every primary school in there sports section.. so when the kids have a kick they think of melb... we need to attract the next bunch of melb supports instead of trying to woo a bunch of old men from the mcc.

i come up with heaps of crap ideas lol Maybe get our players to star as actors in the next aussie movie about football lol

i am an idea's man...

think i will go dig a hole...

Yes it would be great to get kids on board, but with that we need on field success coz kids have short attention spans and don't likke losing for too long

Flag?

Money?

Supporters?

better Players?

training Facility?

New coach?

New board members?

harder players?

More skill?

what is really needed to sustain the growth of the club and to insure it will always be here??

what does coliingwood and essendon have that we dont??

we have premierships

players i dont think come into the long term

so it must be our board members??

now that most are newish are we leading into the right areas for success? or are we just dipping our fingers into lots of pies hoping to find something good??

i want to help maintain melb to be a strong club forever.. but having money doesnt seem to be enough( joseph Gutnick)

what are we really lacking??

Is it the team colors that dont fit into society as far as marketability??and sponsership?

is it we have no assests?

how can we have been so powerfull in the past and not even have a training ground now?

Can anyone makes this questions easy for me to understand??

or am i missing a easy solution?

You say we need supporters....I SAY WE NEED MEMBERS !!!!!! :angry: :angry:

You say we need supporters....I SAY WE NEED MEMBERS !!!!!! :angry: :angry:

Hit the nail on the head TB.

The structural rebuild of the club is underway with the new footy department, hopefully Mac can turn around the morale for the admin, and give credit to the current board for their efforts in getting the training facilities sorted.

The list rebuild is already underway and we should be positioned to continue this process in the draft plus Mac stated he want to attract at least one marquee player to the club...get the right one and it will not only make our young up-and-comers look a hell of a lot better, it will help excite the kids.

Giving value to sponsors and attracting new ones is Mac's forte so it will be both exciting and interesting to see how he goes about it.

But the key to survival both short and long term is to convert supporters into members.

FWIW

I think we need the media to get off it's negative bad news campaign. I live in QLD, and the only news i ever hear aboout MFC is bad news. It's cheap tabloid trash in order to suck veiwers/listeners in because for some strange reason the human race seems to feed on the bad news and gossip rather than the positive.

We need to see Stynes/Lyon/Neita all out on the park together with new boys, getting involved in training, community events etc (and i'm sure - well at least hope - this already happens but it's not seen in the media)

The club needs to also focus on how to get it members more involved in promoting the club. Wearing an MFC tie to work isn't really a talking point around the office. If it needs funds, ask members to get involved with fund raising other than buying a membership. If a primamry school with 500 students can raise thousands of dollars through a chocolate drive, what could 27000 members of a footy club achieve?

If the club wants to members to help with fund raising events here in QLD, i'll put my hand up (and even though i'm up here, Melbourne should never leave Melbourne!)

We need money and we need to develop a winning culture.

That will lead towards winning a Premiership and, in turn, creating more members.

Developing a grass-roots supporter base in the City of Casey is crucial as well. We need to have the MFC become involved with lots of community based activities in the City of Casey.

We should have our Summer training base at Casey Fields and our other training base at the new stadium that is being built for us by 2010.

The members are out there if you sell yourself to them right - look at the Roos. No one would have imagined they had the potential to get 34k members, and that's despite losing a few thousand Gold Coast based members from last years figure.

You need on field success to go with it though - you can't sell a losing product.

true... is there anymore untapped resources for a support base? like women i think with the whole pink footy breast cancer thing it really could have attracted female support that wasnt there b4... do we do something else for menopause or any other female problem?? or advertise in womans day lol why the hell not.. get neita on the front cover instead of leighton hewitt.. surely there is a wealth of oppotunity..

Make it well known that melbourne is and always has been a "FAMILY" club where you can sit in the crowd and not have the empty brains of the collingwood supporters spitting beer at you through the gaps where there teeth used to be lol....

youth groups, churches... christian crap(sorry dont believe in it myself lol) or some other minority in australia... poink footies lol lets get the poofs in on the action..

Maybe get the guys to do a calendar for the horse's hoof's...

Now b4 everyone bag's me i am saying it all firmly with tongue in cheeck lol the general idea is sound maybe not my wording lol...

My wife just pointed out the christians wont follow a team called the demons...lol did think of that..maybe we could adapt our name for them lol demon killers or something lol

The members are out there if you sell yourself to them right - look at the Roos. No one would have imagined they had the potential to get 34k members, and that's despite losing a few thousand Gold Coast based members from last years figure.

You need on field success to go with it though - you can't sell a losing product.

Where is the evidence that Roo's ever had a 'few thousand' Gold Coast based members?

This year's membership is pumped up by numerous bandwagon and bleeding heart supporters, wait till next year and I imagine there will be a large drop-off.

NO NO NO pavlich!!! Just look how he choked when we played them.

On field success is the first thing we need, once we are competivtive then sponsors, high profile players and members (bandwagon bastards) will come. For now the main thing us supporters can do is just be patient.

NO NO NO pavlich!!! Just look how he choked when we played them.

On field success is the first thing we need, once we are competivtive then sponsors, high profile players and members (bandwagon bastards) will come. For now the main thing us supporters can do is just be patient.

Pavlich kicked 5 goals 4 that day and almost won them the game on his own. His "team" choked. He leads their team very well and is no fault of his own that they are weak minded. I think we would have the a good chance to get Pav as i think Brown will go to a bigger Victorian team.

Where is the evidence that Roo's ever had a 'few thousand' Gold Coast based members?

This year's membership is pumped up by numerous bandwagon and bleeding heart supporters, wait till next year and I imagine there will be a large drop-off.

Someone from the Kangas said it on radio, might have been Eugene Arocca, a few weeks ago - approx 2500 members from the Gold Coast didn't re-sign this year. And there are others that did re-sign anyway from the Gold Coast - maybe they will drop off, maybe they were Kangas members originally anyway. Their figure at the moment will be inflated by a number of non-North supporters, for sure, but at 34k even if that was up to 4k, they've still added around 10k members in Melbourne.

North's membership surveys showed 90%+ were happy with the team on the field and 85% were unhappy with the way the club was being run off the field - they felt the club was too much in the AFL's pocket, and with Brayshaw on board and a firm and final no to moving to the Gold Coast they've turned that figure around substantially. How else do you reckon Brayshaw was able to convince investors and sponsors to pump in enough money to increase the footy department's budget by 600k this year and a 1M next year?

There's a lot to be learnt from it I reckon. Nothing is ever put in the "too hard" basket at North, every challange is an opportunity.

How many goals did Pav miss that day?

I doubt we would get Brownie but if we did that would be grand.

And your point being? So he had an off day in front of goal, but he played very well, he kicked goals when they needed ( went in to the middle and kicked two at the end of the 3rd qtr. The second one being a monster of a kick that travelled 60 metres!). I guess my point is that when Freo were struggling he took it upon himself to go into the middle and get the ball. When was the last time you saw a melbourne player do that?

Furthermore, he is a genuine marquee player who can turn a game. He would attract supporters to the game.