Brad Green won't re-sign this year

Well if they add Brad Green plus another quality youngster with pick 5 or 6, they may be close to a flag as much I hate to say that.

Green would have a field day running loose in the Blues midfield, or they could play him as a second foil to Fevola.

come on carlton are at least 3 years from even being contenders. the lack of backman and forwards is a major issue

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on carlton are at least 3 years from even being contenders. the lack of backman and forwards is a major issue

yep,at least............ how long does it take to develop those key position players? and i could be wrong but i just can't see a headcase like fevola in a premiership side.

Word is that the Blues want Brad and Brett Ratten (who maintains close ties with Melbourne players after his midfield coaching role) has asked him not to sign anything until he and his management have discussed offers.

Apparently Brad is ready to move on and at this stage in his career is favouring his wallet over team loyalty. Other interested parties include Richmond and at least one other Melbourne based club. I know he has his detractors but at this time should Melbourne players in the later part of their careers be looking for better opportunities else where and should the club be trying to retain experienced and talented players like Green?

How much is he worth?

sorry but word is from who ? Judds Grandmother. Seriously we are at round 7 and this crap has started already. Have school holidays started again.

We had a win yesterday. Can't we just enjoy it for a moment without all of this nonsense.

If Green was wanting out then why has he been busting a gut to get back in leadership group, and why has he been our most consistent player this year.

Seriously before you start slagging our players off by saying he has no team loyalty and is looking at his wallet be prepared to nominate a real concrete source.

yep,at least............ how long does it take to develop those key position players? and i could be wrong but i just can't see a headcase like fevola in a premiership side.

They're developing them now and they're making steady progress.

Waite is a freak and O'hAilpin is getting there.

And if Fev ever plays a grand final I can see him kicking 10

Greeny wont go. If he does want to (he wont be asked or pushed let me tell ya that much), the Blues can bloody well pay for him!! A top pick or straight swap for Walker.

I hope green stays, honestly, I hate seeing Fav sons in other jerseys, it kills me!!

They're developing them now and they're making steady progress.

Waite is a freak and O'hAilpin is getting there.

And if Fev ever plays a grand final I can see him kicking 10

amazing how positive you are when you aren't talking about melbourne.

reality check; waite is a freak athlete.....want me to retrace some of your comments about naitanui being a freak athlete?

o'hailpin is getting there.....hmmmm...thats not ok according to you for most of our players. thats 2 suspect key-position players, and they gave up their best to get judd.

i don't even need to address the fev comment, i assume your joking.

Ime A Brad Green Fan. Number 1 But if this or any other rumour comes up about Green or any other player i take the "Brian Waldren Stance (Ceo The Storm)

If Brad wants to leave or any player-let him go for the right deal. No point having players on the list who do not want to be there. I want players who want to play at Melbourne. That said Greeny played a good game saturday and he sure hasn't left yet

What's your source?

We should deal with this 'crisi-tunity' a little closer to trade week, not in May.

Very nice phrase. Green wouldn't be someone I'd be super-keen to try and offload, but like anyone, you'd look at a trade to see if you could improve your return.

He could be handy when we're a chance to have a tilt, but more likely than not our time will come a little too late for him. As others have said, a Green trade could be a win/win.

Very nice phrase.

Green wouldn't be someone I'd be super-keen to try and offload, but like anyone, you'd look at a trade to see if you could improve your return.

You can thank Homer Simpson.

I think we should 'return-oriented' when it comes to trade week. It's not a matter of ruthlessness but a desire to build towards an end that may mean Green's value toward that end is an early draft pick.

That is not to say that pick 29 is good enough, I don't think it is. But if someone said that they would take Green and they gave us a ticket to one of the 'best 15' 18 yr olds in the country you would have to look long and hard and do what is in the best interests of the MFC winning a flag.

Word is that the Blues want Brad and Brett Ratten (who maintains close ties with Melbourne players after his midfield coaching role) has asked him not to sign anything until he and his management have discussed offers.

Apparently Brad is ready to move on and at this stage in his career is favouring his wallet over team loyalty. Other interested parties include Richmond and at least one other Melbourne based club. I know he has his detractors but at this time should Melbourne players in the later part of their careers be looking for better opportunities else where and should the club be trying to retain experienced and talented players like Green?

How much is he worth?

He's not going anywhere.

You can thank Homer Simpson.

I think we should 'return-oriented' when it comes to trade week. It's not a matter of ruthlessness but a desire to build towards an end that may mean Green's value toward that end is an early draft pick.

That is not to say that pick 29 is good enough, I don't think it is. But if someone said that they would take Green and they gave us a ticket to one of the 'best 15' 18 yr olds in the country you would have to look long and hard and do what is in the best interests of the MFC winning a flag.

If we could get a pick in the range of 10 - 18 I'd grab it & take a tall Key Forward.

Guest redandbluethruandthru

I am sure if we kept him in the forward line for the rest of this year that he would resign in a red and blue heartbeat.

He will kick plenty of goals. You can tell he just finds pure un-adulterated joy from slotting one home.

I always wanted him in our forward line from day one.

He could always rotate thru the midfield too if needed to open up the forward 50.

He has fantastic versatility. I would be [censored] if he was traded.

This is revolting.

There's nothing to this, it's just your standard up and go rumour mongering.

Carlton aren't in need of midfielders, and have stated again and again a policy of recruiting only 24 year olds or under.

Green is, as I've said before, on target for a top three in the best and fairest.

He may be annoyed about not being in the leadership group (by about a 1% margin vote) but he's put in the hard work and would surely be in any such group next year (given Neitz and Yze will both be gone) and is still a moderate shot at captain.

As for money - I'll re-mention Neitz and Yze retiring, and Holland, and some more of our highest payed players in the next year or two (and Johnstone already gone). We'll have salary cap space to burn (which Carlton, incidentally, definately wont) and in the meantime Green becomes eligible for Veteran status, making future payment opportunities even greater.

I'd be suprised and a little horrified if any party thought that trading Green to Carlton was a good idea. Not in the interests of Carlton, Melbourne, or Brad Green.

AND WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP BAGGING GREEN?

FFS.

People on here have very casual attitudes to our players.

And then of course they cry and wail and moan and threaten to cancel their memberships when a player does get traded for a first round draft pick.(Woey, Johnstone)

Not rumour mongering DD only posted it becuase I thought it was information that I came accross that would interest Demon fans. I would hate to see Brad leave but if we are fore warned we are fore armed!!

sorry but word is from who ? Judds Grandmother. Seriously we are at round 7 and this crap has started already. Have school holidays started again.

We had a win yesterday. Can't we just enjoy it for a moment without all of this nonsense.

If Green was wanting out then why has he been busting a gut to get back in leadership group, and why has he been our most consistent player this year.

Seriously before you start slagging our players off by saying he has no team loyalty and is looking at his wallet be prepared to nominate a real concrete source.

Said no such thing, clearly you have taken offence to information that is from a very reputable source. Brad is a professional and is doing what he can now because it's what he is being paid to do. He might move on he might not at the end of the day it's just something for us to discuss and if anyone thinks it's anything more than this then good luck to them. But I wouldn't post something like this unless there was credibility to it and you will just have to believe me when I say there is credibility. Not sure the timing is all that important either.

What's your source?

Very nice phrase. Green wouldn't be someone I'd be super-keen to try and offload, but like anyone, you'd look at a trade to see if you could improve your return.

He could be handy when we're a chance to have a tilt, but more likely than not our time will come a little too late for him. As others have said, a Green trade could be a win/win.

Unlike Jodie Power I'm not a sell out, my sources stay with me due to the sensitive nature of this information. Sounds like a [censored] but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what eventuates between now and draft time.

How much is he worth?

I'd take Richard Pratt for him! :lol:

This rumor is completley false.

The exact same rumor was started in the carlton board on big footy exept it was about Brad Miller.

Guess we'll have wait and see what transpires.

I knew nothing of the Brad Miller "rumour", how do I find the Carlton message board?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441797

The rumor sounds extremely similar doesn't it. :rolleyes: Exept it's about Miller....

Does sound similar but a freakish coincidence, although I'm sure some posters & readers will make more of it.