• Melbourne Recruitment Manager
    Jason Taylor Interview
    & Draft Wrap Up

Melbourne Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor Interview & Draft Wrap Up

Sign in to follow this  
Lucifer's Hero

MFC Advent Calendar

MFC has created an Advent Calendar. 

Behind each number there are highlights of the player that wears that number, with a few Chrissie tunes in the background. 

DEC 1: HOGAN

DAY 2:  JONES

The Advent Calendar and each player can be followed from the twitter feed on MFC website or on their fb page.

Nice touch by the club! image.png.24abfa386d56c697a8e8884a2f095627.pngENJOY! 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

6 hours ago, Jack son 5 said:

Day 4 should be a treat

I think the most tactful way to do it would be to do a "history" of the number and include the likes o Peter Giles (80-87), Tony Campbell (88-91), Chris Sullivan (92-94), Andrew Obst (95-97), Brent Grgic (98-01), Craig Ellis (02-03), Ben Holland (04-08) and then the other guy who's name escapes me because it's never ever mentioned on this site.

Or they could get creative with photoshopping Harmesy's 3 out of his footage or just show footage of him from front on or from only on the 4 side.

Or the next logical option is to highlight AFLW player Karen Paxman.  

• Like 2

The Salem video: there are several shots of seagulls featured in the first half dozen frames. When the heightened 'snow' comes it strikes as if Christian has trampled all over them in some horrific aftermath. I wouldn't let my kids watch this.

• Like 2

DAY 4:

?

Its afternoon and no sign of a number 4...I wonder if the production people somehow forgot that some players are no longer at the club and the club is now uncertain what to do... 

If they skip Watts, they also need to skip Trengove, Garland etc.  But they were part of the club for 2017 so there is some basis for letting them have their day. 

I also like Demonland's idea to use clips of the AFLW players that wear the number. 

Hopefully, there is a video up soon showcasing someone wearing #4. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

Extremely crass and unwelcome indeed. BBJW. Or at least RIPJW and let the jumper rest for a preseason before using it in marketing videos.

• Haha 1

The last I looked, Harmes was our number 4.  Not sure what the big deal is.

I also expect to see footage of Lever in an Adelaide jumper when it's day 8.

People seriously need to HTFU.

• Like 4

Just watching those highlights of Viney, I often forget how seriously good he is.  I always know he's good, but realistically, he's seriously good.

This will be a big call, but I think he's every bit as good as Selwood at the same age, and is tracking on the same trajectory.  If Viney had a midfield/flankers around him that included Ablett, Bartel, Chapman, Johnson, Corey, Enright and Mackie, Jack would be considered a superstar of the competition.

Easily our most important player, and you only needed to watch that first quarter of the West Coast game to know what he's capable of.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Is that one of santa's little alfs?

gee he is small but that makes me think we got quite the bargain with this pick.