Melbourne v Brisbane

praha

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You all realise that if it wasn't for the 10,000 turnovers a minute, we wouldn't be 41 points down?

All of our goals this quarter have come from quick ball movement, didn't they?

It's when our players don't feel like moving their arse, creating an option, or running back into position that we kick to a 4-on-1 and inevitably lose possession. And lets not even mention the amount of times we turn the damn ball over in the backline. For the love of god, no coach in the world could get a victory out of 22 skill-less players.

Disgusted in the players' response to losing Neita, to getting baked in the media and being humiliated every week. They just don't care to show any improvement or work hard for each other. How many times can you leave your opponent free? how many times can you just stand there instead of creating a viable target?

UGH, thank god for Jonathan Brown... he at least makes this match watchable.

You all realise that if it wasn't for the 10,000 turnovers a minute, we wouldn't be 41 points down?

All of our goals this quarter have come from quick ball movement, didn't they?

It's when our players don't feel like moving their arse, creating an option, or running back into position that we kick to a 4-on-1 and inevitably lose possession. And lets not even mention the amount of times we turn the damn ball over in the backline. For the love of god, no coach in the world could get a victory out of 22 skill-less players.

Disgusted in the players' response to losing Neita, to getting baked in the media and being humiliated every week. They just don't care to show any improvement or work hard for each other. How many times can you leave your opponent free? how many times can you just stand there instead of creating a viable target?

UGH!

There comes a time when there's overwhelming evidence that a coach isn't getting the best out of the players at his disposal.

I'm not writing Bailey off as others already have, but I don't think he could make this list play worse if he tried.

Jaded, DB needs to realise that we cannot flood and push through the ground and score, we are too retarded, we have the skills of a piece of [censored] floating backwards down a stream and the ability to choose the right option of a 3 day old vomit.

Anyone have any radical position change suggestions?

Might as well try something new because doesn't sound like plan A is working...!

We have the worst midfield in the league. When brisbane have a clearance its clean

I think its time for valenti

we're suffering from laziness/lack of confidence...

why won't our players run hard forward? are they fit enough? are they scared? it's not that hard to run... why don't we do it?

Early on we were running forward but we kept giving the ball back to them on half back or the wing. And they now don't run cos they are scared to run off their man and watch him get the ball when we turn it over and kick a goal.

There comes a time when there's overwhelming evidence that a coach isn't getting the best out of the players at his disposal.

I'm not writing Bailey off as others already have, but I don't think he could make this list play worse if he tried.

I don't think he could either, doubt he's trying to out-do himself each week... lets see how much worse we can get with each passing round <_< :unsure:

But what has happened to this team that they have lost all basic skills? How can professional players turn the ball over 9 out of 10 times?

Early on we were running forward but we kept giving the ball back to them on half back or the wing. And they now don't run cos they are scared to run off their man and watch him get the ball when we turn it over and kick a goal.

well we were somewhat running, however still nowhere near enough, and we scored 5 goals... we're not running now and we never get the ball forward at all, don't even look like scoring...

except right now, when aussie got free on the half forward line... he presented... need to see more of it...

and we ran forward then, and that looked like the best play of the day...

we turned it over in the forward line, and it went straight back down the other end... but at least we looked dangerous... they're scoring anyway, lets try and score a bit ourselves...

To pull off Bailey's game plan, you need to be exceptionally skilled, because once you turn it over, you are stuffed.

We unfortunately turn it over again and again and again.

When we get our hands on the footy and move the ball forward quickly with handballs and then a kick inside the forward 50, we score and we look fairly good. The problem is we are struggling to get and KEEP our hands on the ball. Turnovers galore.

I've counted no more than 6 disposals in a row from Melbourne before we turn it over. That's woeful.

Sorry Dean but your game plan is retarded, the players are retarded and cannot play your style, [censored] it off and play one on one and tell them to kick the bloody thing instead of handballing the bloody thing to players standing still and usually in a worse position.We will not win a game this year.

Maybe you should have responded to the ad in the paper for the coaching job, because now I am a Bailey disbeliever. I previously had faith in him, thought his pre-season was OK, but I am now so incredibly frustrated listening to our absolute insipidness (though apparantly we tried a bit harder in the 3rd quarter). We've gotta try one on one, because there's no way this game plan is going to succeed. 6 attempts to get something right, and we can't.

Btw, we haven't scored 100 points yet this year have we? I think the best we've done is 12 goals. This is our problem. I think our defence is actually not as bad as it looks.

Because apparently "the game is changing"...

Reminds me of the Balme days.... stupid overuse hold onto the ball disposal game...

Bailey might last as long has he did..

Dean Bailey?? - whats wrong with backing our players to win contested possessions instead of ruining their confidence expecting them to have perfect hand and foot skills over 60 disposals for a goal!!

3/4 time.... I just tuned in and the first thing I've read is how unbelievably bad we are... which I could have guessed of course.

But looking at the live stats, no-one has mentioned some pretty surprising factors:

- Green. Bruce, Moloney, White, Bell and Wheatley have all got possessions in the mid twenties. Are we over-using it?

- Jones. 4 goals? Is that not kind of a stunning game of footy from him? Who's he on? Johnstone?

- Speaking of Trav. Has he been accrate? Cos his stats are modest.

- Wonna. 3 goals. Miller and Robbo pretty much had doughnuts up until the end of the third.

- Bartram's a tagger and has been busy. Or busier than usual. What's the story there?

3/4 time.... I just tuned in and the first thing I've read is how unbelievably bad we are... which I could have guessed of course.

But looking at the live stats, no-one has mentioned some pretty surprising factors:

- Green. Bruce, Moloney, White, Bell and Wheatley have all got possessions in the mid twenties. Are we over-using it?

We are over-using the ball, handballing into pressure, then back again to the same player.

- Jones. 4 goals? Is that not kind of a stunning game of footy from him? Who's he on? Johnstone?

I don't think he's on Trav, but yes, he is playing well.

- Speaking of Trav. Has he been accrate? Cos his stats are modest.

Has kicked a goal, but not done much else. Pretty Travis Johnstone-like game for him.

- Wonna. 3 goals. Miller and Robbo pretty much had doughnuts up until the end of the third.

Aussie's done well. Miller okay. Robbo nothing. When he doesn't get supply in the forward line, he may as well not be there at all.

- Bartram's a tagger and has been busy. Or busier than usual. What's the story there?

Clint's got a lot of loose possessions in the back half. Hasn't done much shutting down, really.