Sandringham v Bendigo

radio1611

G'day Everyone.

Sandringham v Bendigo will be the only VFL game on this Saturday, so all coverage will be on that.

TV - ABC1 will have the game live in Victoria from 1pm (unsure if on in Tassie)

Radio & Internet - 3XX 1611 AM in Melbourne from 1pm and on the internet at www.radio1611.com.au

Radio - 3SER 97.7 FM in Melbourne's South-East

I hope that helps, especially those outside the Melbourne Metro area, so you can catch up with your Zebras.

Pete.

G'day Everyone.

Sandringham v Bendigo will be the only VFL game on this Saturday, so all coverage will be on that.

TV - ABC1 will have the game live in Victoria from 1pm (unsure if on in Tassie)

Radio & Internet - 3XX 1611 AM in Melbourne from 1pm and on the internet at www.radio1611.com.au

Radio - 3SER 97.7 FM in Melbourne's South-East

I hope that helps, especially those outside the Melbourne Metro area, so you can catch up with your Zebras.

Pete.

Good luck with your call and thanks for mentioning the Demon supporter sites last time you broadcast a Sandy game.

Is there any chance your signal will improve in the future (last time I was listening I kept hearing some bloke speaking Greek interrupting the call)?

Sandringham v Bendigo Bombers

Saturday 26th April

Trevor Barker Beach Oval (ABC TV) at 1:10 PM

Sandringham *

Backs Bode Martin Cheney

Half Backs C Johnson Lamb Buckley

Centreline Yze Summers T Johnston

Half Forwards Poyas Crowe Tregear

Forwards Holland Sautner Maric

Followers Spencer Bate Valenti

Interchange C Liddell Martyn Meesen Waller

* updated

Bendigo Bombers

Backs Chartres Flaherty Atkinson

Half Backs Dempsey Daniher Hislop

Centreline Crameri Skipworth Peverill

Half Forwards Hartigan Neagle Lovett-Murray

Forwards Holmes Hooker Dick

Followers Bellchambers Johnson Myers

Interchange (from) Bowe Bristow Coghlan Davies Fahour Geary Magin Williams

Reserves

Cleeve

Curcio

Dean

Eaton

Gilchrist

Gribbin

Hardiman

Johnston

Kondarovskis

B Liddell

Lockwood

Lyall

McConnell

McNamara

Monaghan

Plymin

Sargent

Shakaib

Vickers

Weetra

Williams

Zomer

Some of the placements are very interesting in the light of the comments Andy Lovell made in his player review.

Take this quote about Stef Martin:-

"In the first half he played at full back, and played really well. His form has been very consistent this year. Each week he takes the opposition big forward, and he hasn’t yet been beaten one-on-one in that role. In the second half we moved him to half back, where he struggled a little, but he has steadily improved and we are looking to develop him into a key defender."

Martin's been named at CHB where he "struggled a little" last week. I like the idea of testing young players in the hard positions to garner improvement rather than taking the easier options of playing them where you already know they can do well. It should hold him in good stead for the day he gets promoted.

I also like what the coaches are doing with Addam Maric who should be playing AFL in the second half of the season if not earlier.

These two are the best prospects we have at Sandy who have yet to wear the red and blue.

Sandringham v Bendigo Bombers

Saturday 26th April

Trevor Barker Beach Oval (ABC TV) at 1:10 PM

Sandringham

Backs Bode Warnock C. Johnson

Half Backs T Johnston Martin Lamb

Centreline Buckley Summers Valenti

Half Forwards Poyas Crowe Maric

Forwards Holland Sautner Tregear

Followers Spencer C Liddell Yze

Interchange (from) Bate Biddlecombe Cheney Curcio Dunn Garland Gilchrist Martyn Meesen Moloney Plymin Waller

Where's Newton???!!!

77-34 at half time. Sandy kicked with the wind in the first qtr, hence their scoreline at qtr time.

Meeson is playing. Has gotten a bit of the ball but ruck is nothing special. One time it looked liike he wasn't keen on making contact with the other player.

CJ has been okay off a HBF, made some nice runs down the ground and hit targets. Buckley has also made some good runs, but hasn't hit targets.

Yze has got a bit of it. Took a nice mark in the 1st qtr and goaled. Bate has got a bit of it too, although was better in the 2nd Qtr, barely touched in the 1st.

Valenti has been the standout. Has had a heap of it, usually finds a target as well. Is quite slow though.

Maric hasn't seen much of it.

Bode been okay, made a shocking error in the 2nd Qtr though which ended up in a goal to Bendigo.

Cheney playing in the backline, hasn't really seen the ball all that much.

Holland has been good FWD. I forgot the Juice was not playing, which is a pity cos i really would have like to watch him.

Sandy are dominating basically, which you should be able to tell from the scoreline.

Valenti has been the standout. Has had a heap of it, usually finds a target as well. Is quite slow though.

Has he ever. Promote the lad!, He deserves to have a crack at the big time, the spots available, the years pretty much a washout, we need to get some senior AFL into this guy and see if he can take the next step

Guest MFC4Life

Wow...what a 3rd quarter!

All I can say is Cheney, Martin, Maric, Spencer, Valenti. Bring it on! Play these kids in the one's!!!!!!

Valenti must be given a crack at playin for the dees. We are 0-5 so far so nothing is workin yet. Hopefully the selection panel will bite the bullet and give some of these kids a crack. In particular Valenti, Maric, Spencer and Martin. Really, what is there to lose!!!! :blink:

First Sandy game I've watched this year. Wow Maric is a good kick! No wonder he has such big wraps on kicking accuracy.

Valenti has been great. Slowed up in this final quarter, but was in everything for the first 3 quarters. Best On Ground I'd say. Got nothing to lose by promoting him and giving him a crack at AFL level. We need to explore as many options as possible this year.

Also, Jace Bode is crap. You can see the brain ticking over while he tries to work out what to do when he has the ball. Winds up handballing it (poorly) backwards 60% of the time. Wont make it at AFL level.

Buckley has got alot of the ball, and commentators are saying he has been one of the best. Personally, I think he has been rubbish. He has had 5-6 disposals in the last 10 mins, but not one of them has hit a target. All his kicks either sail over his team mates head, or go to a contested situation where his team mates are outnumbered and lose the contest. Unless he fixes his skills, decision making, and defensive pressure, he will not make it in the AFL.

Chris Johnson = delisted lolz

Ben Holland, i love thee B)

Valenti got BOG... Doing an interview. Asked him about getting promoted and he blew it off saying that Bailey said it's a week by week thing...

I was impressed by some of the younger kids, mostly the demon-listed players. Spencer looks like a player... I always like Neaves, but Spencer seems to move a bit better, and knows where to place himself in a pack.

A little concerned about guys like Bate. Given a bit more time he should get back to his best, but he needs his pace and endurance. They're some o his most important weapons.

Meesen played well, what are you talking about GOUGA?

Dutchy played a decent game, playing up fwd.

Valenti was easily BOG.

Maric was quiet.

Stef Marin is improving with every match he plays.

Bode and CJ were ok playing HBF, CJ the better.

And Bucks looks like he'll be an inclusion into the One's next week, he played a solid game.

Buckley and CJ have both been good, playing similar run off half back roles.

Very disappointed with Meesen. He is no footballer.

They were both OK, but they had little pressure on them. They should be absolutely raping teams at that level with the amount of pressure they copped. If they play in the seniors, they'd both get 10 touches, have no impact on the game, and be a waste of a spot in the team IMO.

Agreed on Meesen. Was expecting more from him. Lets hope PJ gets back soon.

Meesen played well, what are you talking about GOUGA?

Did he have an influence in the ruck? No.

Did he take marks at either end? No.

Did he get a lot of the ball around the ground? No.

He seems to lack footy smarts. Doesn't position himself well, doesn't use his body and his disposal was average.

I really liked Meesen today.

Maric has skill but is a long way off.

Cheney got involved in the second half. Looks a likely prospect.

Buckley finds the ball very well, but turns it over. However don't dismiss the ability to win the footy. That said, I'm still dubious.

Valenti is capable of playing decent AFL footy.

Martin is ungainly, but a very interesting prospect.

Bate was Bate. Played well.

Bode is simply not up to AFL standard.

It was a run away win and MFC based players should have played well. Some did and some did not. No one is a sceaming promotion on this week's effort.

My thoughts:

Valenti - Easily BOG. Did tire in the last quarter and wonder how he will go on bigger grounds if lifted to the AFL.

Buckley- Nice line breaking speed but disposal and ball handling could be better. In fact it crucifies his pace and running ability. His pace and Valentis ball skills would make him an AFL prospect.

CJ- Did some nice things but just went. Cant see him in MFC colours in the future on todays performance.

Yze- Like CJ -Nothing to excite about. Looks silky at this level. Lacks the desperation of a player wanting to return to the AFL. I think he knows his time is up.

Bate - Looks underdone and flashed in and out of the game. On todays performance I can understand why they did not pick for the Brisbane.

Holland- Kick 4 goals. Does he scream to be picked? Not really.

Meesen- They say big men take time to mature. He is obviously at an early stage with questions about whether he will kick on.

Maric - Looks a player and flashed in and out of the game. Needs consistency

Spencer - 18,204 cm and worth persevering with.

Bode - Did Ok. But....did OK. No threat for selection. Leave it at that.

Martin- Was not really tested today but his disposal was challenging into the wind.

Cheney - 18 - well balanced and will be better for the run. Definitely one to watch.

Sandringham 10.4.64 12.5.77 22.12.154 24.15.159

Bendigo Bombers 2.2.14 5.4.34 8.7.55 13.11.89

Goals

Sandringham Holland Sautner 4 Tregear 3 Bate T Johnston Liddell Waller Yze 2 Bode Maric Poyas

Bendigo Bombers Daniher 4 Williams 2 Coghlam Crameri Dick Hartigan Holmes Johnson Skipworth

Best

Sandringham Summers Valenti Crowe C Johnson Bode Liddell

Bendigo Bombers Daniher Chartres Skipworth Hislop Atkinson Holmes

Reserves

Sandringham 3.4.22 11.6.78 15.13.103 21.15.141

Bendigo Bombers 1.1.7 3.2.20 5.5.35 8.9.57

Goals

Sandringham Eaton Zomer 4 Monaghan Weetra 2 cleeve Hardiman Lockwood Lyall McConnell McNamara Plymin Shakaib Vickers

Bendigo Bombers Ford Stroobants 2 Davies Granger Mathieson Thomson

Best

Sandringham Dean M Johnston Monaghan McConnell Plymin Lockwood

Bendigo Bombers Weeks Wanganeen Granger Ayton Ford Stroobants

With an eye to the future, the three players I took note of at the BRO today were Martin, Cheney and Maric. Each did enough to keep me very interested in their development.

Maric faded but to say he was 'quiet' is a bit off the mark. His kicking to a lead more than once was excellent. Likewise his second efforts. Considering he's doing year 12 I'd say he's a definite prospect. Boy, we mark our youth hard around here sometimes. Has obvious 'footy smarts'.

Cheney. A definite keeper. Not overly skilled but has a great attitude and will learn quickly. Should be a key part of our future defence and could play a Matty Whelan/Laurie Fowler role in years to come given maturity and development.

Martin could be a gun. Most definitely 'an interesting prospect'. Poise and reading the play ability beyond his experience given his background. Going to follow his progress with great interest.

Given the mixed reviews he's received, can I ask what in particular you liked about him today?

Can't believe we finally play on different days to Melbourne and I'm stuck at work <_<

He won numerous taps around the ground, looked agile, tackled well, and didn't waste possessions. He mainly handballed, but his kicks found their target. His first quarter was quiet, but he would've had a dozen disposals for the match.

As the person who coined the term 'Donuts' for another listed player I took particular interest in Meesen. I was pleased with his game on the back of some unflattering recent reports. For a 21 year old ruck I reckon there's a bit there.

I can't believe that Bode was named in the best.