• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

my 3 word player analysis V The Goos

joeboy

Bartram - kept on trying

Bell - career worst game

Bruce - classy but limited

Carroll - tried but overwhelmed

Davey - finally found form

Dunn - some classy touches

Green - prolific but wasteful

Jamar - not a footballer

C. Johnson - not a footballer

Jones - couldn't break shackles

McDonald - little to enthuse

McLean - had no impact

Miller - never stopped trying

Morton - very little influence

Neitz - a complete embarrassment

Rivers - classy as expected

Robertson - committed too late

Sylvia - performed in defence

Wheatley - continued stellar season

Whelan - needed the run

White - not on field

Wonaeamirri - continued to please

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean Bailey - interchange! interchange! interchange!

JMac was awful, must be completely unfit, kept coming off after 3 minute spells.

Bartram was atrocious and turned it over every time he got it, lucky for him I like him.

Wheatley made heaps of errors like last week.

Not really any positives at all.

Bartram - Not the worst

Bell - Not his best

Bruce - Soft but skilled

Carroll - Tries his best

Davey - May be back

Dunn - Fantastic, classy effort

Green - Many wasteful touches

Jamar - Who is this?

C. Johnson - A bloody joke

Jones - Needs more tricks

McDonald - Tried as usual

McLean - Boy, not man

Miller - Loved his effort

Morton - Lot to like

Neitz - Retire or Sandy

Rivers - Did his part

Robertson - [censored] off Fool

Sylvia - Needs forward space

Wheatley - Runs all day

Whelan - Better for run

White - Lost his influence

Wonaeamirri - Liked his game

I agree with your analysis KrazyJay.

Jamar's new hairdo was more entertaining than his performance.

Chris Johnson is the prime example of a hack.

I'm starting to feel physically ill watching Robbo play in the red and blue. I'm ashamed and embarassed that he plays for us. The day Robbo packs up with his guitar and mic is the day I will rejoice.

Love Wona. Love Miller. And enjoyed Davey's game today.

Jamar did 3 good things today....

1. He tapped the ball to Davey which resulted in a goal to Dunn...

2. He put his body on the line in the last quarter when going back with the flight...

3. And he spent more time on the bench than he did on the ground

I gotta laugh at anybody on this board that sticks up for CJ

When he had advantage running into goal and didnt know what to do, and decided he may as well drill the ball on to a Kangaroos chest.. well, what can you say

That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

He is open.... Running in from 50m to an open goal.... Surely he will kick a score....

No.... He stabs it 15m onto the chest of the only opposition around him!

The kid is an absolute classic example of how bad sperm can come from top blokes!!

I thought by 3qtr time Sylvia was one of our worst. But his last quarter made me think that he could play as a defender. His hands were awsome. If only he could've played four quarters of footy.

Bartram - kept on trying

Bell - career worst game

Bruce - classy but limited

Carroll - tried but overwhelmed

Davey - finally found form

Dunn - some classy touches

Green - prolific but wasteful

Jamar - not a footballer

C. Johnson - not a footballer

Jones - couldn't break shackles

McDonald - little to enthuse

McLean - had no impact

Miller - never stopped trying

Morton - very little influence

Neitz - a complete embarrassment

Rivers - classy as expected

Robertson - committed too late

Sylvia - performed in defence

Wheatley - continued stellar season

Whelan - needed the run

White - not on field

Wonaeamirri - continued to please

Bartram - cant use ball

bell - should be dropped

bruce - has played better

carroll - tried and outclassed

davey - our only hope

dunn - in top 10

green - wheres his kicking

jamar - where is P.johnson?

C. Johnson - fills in numbers

Jones - one to forget

McDonald - useful floating back

Mclean - concerntrate fo carlton

Miller - never gives up

morton - having a go

Neitz - thanx for memories :(

Rivers - keep ur head

Robbo - maybe next week

sylvia - was very useful

wheteley - this years b&f

whelan - welcome bak son

White - should be FF

Wonaeamirri - showed some spark

positives out of todays game...

flash's best game of the season, hopefully his form will continue... sylvia looked good down back, think that may be his spot... I thought CJ showed glimpses, not a great game by any means, but i thought he showed signs he may yet come good...

that's about it...

Bartram - all at sea

Bell - poor awareness again

Bruce - stole clubs 500K

Carroll - not key defender

Davey - scintillating, palpatating, tittilating

Dunn - ready to arrive

Green - many cheap touches

Jamar - has no idea

C. Johnson - makes me laugh

Jones - regressing very rapidly

McDonald - uncharacteristically poor game

McLean - lost the plot

Miller - please get suspended

Morton - kid has smarts

Neitz - will retire shortly

Rivers - cant operate alone

Robertson - should be sacked

Sylvia - never wastes possession

Wheatley - another solid game

Whelan - a welcome contribution

White - cheap stats again

Wonaeamirri - mouth watering prospect

Was it my imagination or did CJ do a good defensive job on Shannon Grant?

He made errors, and that poor kick in front of goal was meant as an attempt to dish it off to Robbo. Showed he is unselfish, but also showed he can't really kick much ;)

Jamar- is he a magician? He is the largest man in the world yet he manages to completely disappear when on the field. He is quite honestly just terrible.

Miller- anyone who takes cheap shots at you should try and stand up against you in a contest. Not the most gifted player in the world, but tries harder than anyone and took some very good marks today.

I think Brock cops a pretty raw deal from our supporters. He gets the No.1 tag now with TJ gone, and Rawlings has put the clamps on many good players, that's why he is a B & F winner at the Roos. He was also holding him at evry single stoppage, and with the umpiring being some of the worst seen this century, he was never going to be given a break. He is still young, and will probably not get a chop out until some of the other players around him not being tagged start to win a fair bit of ball themselves, and give opposing coaches a reason to tag someone else. He did get 22 in the first half last week without an opponenent, so he just needs to learn how to cope with a heavy tag.

How long will this take exactly????

I myself have been saying the same thing for a while now..... But I am starting to think he is a few tyres short of a burnout!

Brains + Ability = Solid contributor

Ability - Brains = Brock

Might sound harsh..... But I am not being shown otherwise!

How long will this take exactly????

I myself have been saying the same thing for a while now..... But I am starting to think he is a few tyres short of a burnout!

Brains + Ability = Solid contributor

Ability - Brains = Brock

Might sound harsh..... But I am not being shown otherwise!

Can you name some incidents where Brock showed a lack of footy brain?

His kicking is almost always spot on, as are his handball. He is very good under pressure, unlike say Jones who panics a lot.

At the moment he is struggling to adjust to the heaving tagging. We knew this would happen when TJ left.

Look at how he played last week when left to his own devices in the first half. He was everywhere and he played extremely well.

Brady Rawlings is no dud, he is probably the best tagger in the AFL. He is a dirty player who somehow gets away with holding his opponent at every contest. In the end I think Brock ended up in the top 5 or 6 possession getters today.

I think it shows the quality of Brock that the opposition concentrates so hard on shutting him down.

Miller- anyone who takes cheap shots at you should try and stand up against you in a contest. Not the most gifted player in the world, but tries harder than anyone and took some very good marks today.

I am baffled as to why "hardness" is seen as something which makes a player completely immune from (deserved) criticism. It merely glosses over the reality is that Miller is, unfortunately, a player incapable of anything more than strong marks on the lead on the wing, invariably followed by a panicked handball.

I do admire his combative approach and agree it's something our players are badly lacking, but even accounting for that does not justify his selection in the team. I held out a lot of hope for him in his early years but for the past two years have been convinced he is trade bait - for anything! The biggest impediment to this was his annoying trait of playing his best game for the year in our last game for the year. This happened at least twice in the past three years and seemingly seduced the coaching staff in to thinking he had turned the corner.

In my view, he's just not accountable enough to make it as a defender and not skilled enough to make it as a long-term centre half-forward, because his total lack of confidence in his kicking has meant his urge to handball is at odds with a CHF's goalkicking responsibilities. This instinct to handball which will not change.

Yes, he always puts in a lot of effort, but the sad truth is he is just not good enough and should not be kept on at the end of the season. And he definitely won't be alone in that category.

Yes, he always puts in a lot of effort, but the sad truth is he is just not good enough and should not be kept on at the end of the season. And he definitely won't be alone in that category.

Firstly, his kicking to handball ratio this season is a lot different to previous years. When he kicks, he kicks with some purpose and generally hits a target. Already that's a big plus given he is surrounded by a bunch of pretenders who can't kick to save themselves.

Secondly, he is one of the only players in the side who currently takes contested marks.

Thirdly, he puts in, week in week out and never drops his head. He is more of a leader out on the field than anyone else right now.

So I'll take an average trier over a selfish showpony anyday of the week (think Robbo, Newton, Sylvia etc).

P.S.- he doesn't freak when he hear footsteps. Jeff White, take note.

Firstly, his kicking to handball ratio this season is a lot different to previous years. When he kicks, he kicks with some purpose and generally hits a target. Already that's a big plus given he is surrounded by a bunch of pretenders who can't kick to save themselves.

Secondly, he is one of the only players in the side who currently takes contested marks.

Thirdly, he puts in, week in week out and never drops his head. He is more of a leader out on the field than anyone else right now.

So I'll take an average trier over a selfish showpony anyday of the week (think Robbo, Newton, Sylvia etc).

P.S.- he doesn't freak when he hear footsteps. Jeff White, take note.

I assume your definition of contested is marking on the lead while your opponent tries to punch it away? If that's the case yes, he would be well up there, but how often can you recall him taking a pack mark, or even just one where he's toe-to-toe with his opponent and proves too strong? Unless my observation of matches is awful, hardly ever.

I do agree on White though. Was shocking timing for PJ to go down. He has to stay there now.

Brock was being tackled of the ball all day, Rawlings is a cheat but what is more disappointing is that not one player put a good sheppard on rawlings to give Brock space. Take Rawlings out hit him a few times.

Sylvia was in our best two all day his ball use was the best by far a kick to Green in the last quarter went 55m between to NM players on of teh best kicks I have ever seen.

Miller will only be as good as the delivery to him he presents hard but if we can't kick he will struggle.

Firstly, his kicking to handball ratio this season is a lot different to previous years...

err...his career kicking to handball ratio is 527 to 499, and this year it's 28 to 26...oh year, that's a lot different to previous years :rolleyes:

Wheatley had a shocker, I don't rate him too highly and thought last week he played above himself

Sylvia and Robbo showed too little and all of it in the last quarter.

Mclean tries his guts out every contest and gets no help, the amount of time I saw rawlings and another roos player handball to each other as he ran from one to the other was amazing, if he had some help he would play better.

Davey was really good this week.

Jamar = 1 less player for us on the ground or bench, we effectively run out with 21 men.