Coach Dean Bailey

mick2007

No what is the reality is Buckley couldnt probably fathom what the PLAYERS were doing ?? Bailey isnt out there !!

If the players dont /arent doing what they are supposed to..then how can Buckley or anyone make comments about what Bails is actually doing..if indeed NONONE is doing it ??

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Belzebub if you had any idea and were a coach wouldn't you instruct your players what they are doing wrong via the runner? Its the gameplan buckley was critiscising. Players play where they are instructed. Bailey is the one that can see everything thats happening. Stupidity! how Neitz was moved all over the ground was not smart, Davey in the midfield too soft. He is playing players where there weaknesses are vulnerable.

I am going to give Dean Bailey the chance to prove himself.

What is the point of a knee-jerk reaction against a first year coach? :wacko:

This time its the players who are to blame! <_<

It will be interesting to see what happens in Round 7.

I just hope we actually WIN a few games before then. :mellow:

gee willickers.. where to satrt

Neitz move to the backline was inspired I thought.. it slowed them for a while..gave cover to Carroll.. Shame he cant play there more often, but then that was somethig I offered up..oooh..4-5 years ago when he started going off the boil up fornt !!

its not so much where.. they are..but where they re SUPPOSED to be.. And HOW they are supposed to be playing.

He was playing Davey in middle I imagine to try and straighten then up..as they were all over the show.

It seemed to me and others watching that the RUNNERS were the only ones moving and doing what they were supposed to!!

Guest unstable punt
gee willickers.. where to satrt

Neitz move to the backline was inspired I thought.. it slowed them for a while..gave cover to Carroll.. Shame he cant play there more often, but then that was somethig I offered up..oooh..4-5 years ago when he started going off the boil up fornt !!

its not so much where.. they are..but where they re SUPPOSED to be.. And HOW they are supposed to be playing.

He was playing Davey in middle I imagine to try and straighten then up..as they were all over the show.

It seemed to me and others watching that the RUNNERS were the only ones moving and doing what they were supposed to!!

Neitz has gone 1 year too long, as has Yze & White, Green should have been traded and Robbo should have been let go to the Bulldogs etc etc, hindsight is a wonderful thing <_<

Neitz has gone 1 year too long, as has Yze & White, Green should have been traded and Robbo should have been let go to the Bulldogs etc etc, hindsight is a wonderful thing <_<

yes

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear!!!!!!!period

DB is on a fact finding mission to see how bad his players are and how to deal with what he has been left with, to see where they can play if they can can play, poor bastard I feel for him!!

Its not he who handballs to the wrong guy.

Last week I was having a go at the fitness chief, that is obviously not the only problem.

They are hopelessly out of their depth on the field of play.

To you fans who are going to the Cattery next weekend, you are absolute heros and I can recommend a good shrink to give you people a checkup from the neck up

DB is on a fact finding mission to see how bad his players are and how to deal with what he has been left with, to see where they can play if they can can play, poor bastard I feel for him!!

I think this is very much the case..and the dumb smucks parading in the red and blue cant see this...they are being sized and tested for suitability.. The big call comes apprently after round 6.. I wonder who wil wake up in time?

Nathan Buckley on 3aw couldn't understand a few things Dean Bailey was doing on the weekend. If Buckley can pick out problems in our game, why can't our coach. Nathan Buckley obviously understands the modern game better than our coach.

How would you know?

They stick ex players on radio to make critical and hyped statement to impress the legions of supports who still think that in todays game you are always better to kick it long than handball.

Your posts fit the bill. You are going to find today's AFL game quite challenging.

I think this is very much the case..and the dumb smucks parading in the red and blue cant see this...they are being sized and tested for suitability.. The big call comes apprently after round 6.. I wonder who wil wake up in time?

I think/know we have many dead men walking, literally, because they ain't bloody well playing

Letting Neiz go could have given us more trading money. Neitz was selfish in continuing. He would have been better in a coaching role, like josh mahoneys job.

When would you have done that Mick and who would you have replaced him our only key forward and only leader. Neitz isnt the one of cattle I would be concerned about. In the selfish queue, Junior and Meitz are a long way up the back.

I think that Buckley knows the game well enough to make judgement, He was only a brownlow medalist and captain of collingwood ffs. Buckley was one of the best in the business. Players like Buckley read the game of football better than anyone, thats why they could average 30 possessions a game.

Hindsight..

just a sceanrio based on a hypothetical.

What if...

What if Neeta..being teh club stawlwart he is..great champion he is had possibly an inkling of what was to come and possibly had had a chat to a few of the old's and sugested they take a bow.( end of last season ) Let a completely new breed come into the club. Let them find their feet. Leaders? Do a Stkilda for a year..spread it around a little ..see who can..and who want s to lead.etc.

Yes it is revisiting the baby bombers type thing. And Im not even sure it would have worked. But we have lame ducks...or dead players walking as another puts it quite succintly.

Im just thinking we didnt nearly clean out the wound deep enough..and we're still festering away.

Sometimes leadership is knowing when to give it away

I think that Buckley knows the game well enough to make judgement, He was only a brownlow medalist and captain of collingwood ffs. Buckley was one of the best in the business. Players like Buckley read the game of football better than anyone, thats why they could average 30 possessions a game.

How would you know if Bucks knows the MFC players better than DB?

Any mug can see the problems out there although not many commentators choose to understand what DB is seeking to do.

But I glad you rank him on possibly one of the most meaningless statistics in the modern game. :lol: I am sure you gain alot of insight from the stat pages of Monday's paper.

I actually rate Bucks...but I think he's confusing the Cart with the Horse here !! <_< ;)

Nathan Buckley on 3aw couldn't understand a few things Dean Bailey was doing on the weekend. If Buckley can pick out problems in our game, why can't our coach. Nathan Buckley obviously understands the modern game better than our coach. It does make a difference when you've played the game and have credentials to back it up, everything comes naturally cos they made the game what it is today. I hope it works for Bails but i don't think hes good enough for AFL

If you were the new coach and you have been dumped on from above and have discovered that your list is absolute shite________what would you do, well, if our league was run like the EPL you'd scrap all the players you though weren't up to it, you'd maybe [censored] the odd marquis player to get some dough to go out shopping for a new team.

We can't do that unfortunately we have to make do, but in the meantime he has to find out who can or cannot play(Phase two) Trapper went I suppose (Phase one)Its going to be real interesting come trade time!!!!!

Tony, I totally agree with everything you've stated in your first 2 pars. What concerns me is the comment by the players that "They are taking time adjusting to the new game plan".

I don't believe that the structure of the side compliments Bailey's game plan.

A forward line comprising Neitz, Robertson and Miller/Newton is too immobile.

Our backline lacks the class to generate any creative run.

And our mids lack evasive skills.

I agree. Our backline is severely undermanned without Rivers and Whelan and if those two dont get over their injuries then problems for few years. Miller is not a key defender & others are a bit way yet. We miss the run of players such as Ward and Walsh at their best but Bartram and Pettard may be long term solutions. Main problem tho is in the middle where we are seriously lacking form and coughing the ball up too oftem . Lot of easy delivery into our backline

Spot on in regard to lack of mobility of our 3 main forwards especially with Davey playing up the ground. In serious need of a crumbing forward to capitalise on spilt balls from Neita in particular. Lack of mobility being exploited by other backlines e.g. Nth Melb last year. cant see it remaining as is beyond the 6 weeks declared by CC before the selection committee gets out the ruler.

Major concern cos Neita and Dunn (who has been promising leading forward in past years) were two of the worst on Saturday1

How would you know if Bucks knows the MFC players better than DB?

Any mug can see the problems out there although not many commentators choose to understand what DB is seeking to do.

But I glad you rank him on possibly one of the most meaningless statistics in the modern game. :lol: I am sure you gain alot of insight from the stat pages of Monday's paper.

He mightn't know the players, but he knows how the game should be played and the do's and donts. Basic principles, if it wasn't Bucks making the comments i wouldn't take much notice. Im sure bucks knows what he's talking about.

He mightn't know the players, but he knows how the game should be played and the do's and donts. Basic principles, if it wasn't Bucks making the comments i wouldn't take much notice. Im sure bucks knows what he's talking about.

I reckon 20,000 members think they know what they are talking about as well.

Opinions are like A___soles, everybody's got one unfortunately.

I reckon 20,000 members think they know what they are talking about as well.

Opinions are like A___soles, everybody's got one unfortunately.

True, but i'd listen to people that understand the game and played it at top level before anyone else, don't care where they are from.

I bet Bailey knows whats wrong too, and can pick it just as well as buckley, if you watch the runner, he is constantly out there pointing top spots the players should be, I bet if we listened to every one of his speeches and talks all week none of them would have, handball in circles, kick over your teammates head, stuff around with the ball in the back half and or wing, and if you don't turn it over wait until the forward line is completely full and kick to a 1 on 4, with kick outs don't run to space, just amble along, no hurry. Don't do any 1%ers etc etc etc.

Let's face it, we have a lazy bunch of players who make the worst decisions and have been doing so for years, this is not DB, this is a ND left over, as soon as we get pressure they revert to the old style football, twice I saw Morton in good space on the wing and due to us having some pressure we handballed it 5 times until we turned it over and Morton was left on the wing alone.....

True, but i'd listen to people that understand the game and played it at top level before anyone else, don't care where they are from.

I think Bucks is making the false assumption that Melbourne players can actually play football at the moment.

DB is no doubt fully aware of what his bag of useless, slovenly, sloppy, lazy sorry arses are capable of doing , he has to keep going through the motions being professional and doing what he can do, not a lot at the moment until that ax begins to swing, roll on the day!!!!!!!!

well said astrodee double well done as you mentioned Jamie Duursma one of my favorite players. he was a real pain to opposition players, not the most skilled player but he just annoyed you all day and made you earn your kicks. John Northey a coach to get the most out of his players.

my wife and i are a few of the brain dead as we are going next Sunday. The DEES for us as there is no other, up the top or down the bottom you have to go as they are still the DEES.