Anyone going to breakfast with DB tomorrow?

TonyMelb

Appreciate the report Haydo. Very informative.

Just on the issue of whether conversations from functions like this should be disclosed, I think it is fair to say that Bailey, Connolly, and the rest of the coaching staff would not be naive enough to think that what they say is in the strictest confidence. They are, after all, saying these things to people who are basically strangers and whose only connection is that they paid the admission price.

Very enjoyable and informative, it's a pity there was only about 100 people in attendence.

Poor promotion by the club once again.

To be honest, getting 100 people to something like this in the middle of the week, at a location not in the CBD, I think this is a reasonable turnout.

Dunn is one of his early favourites who he has high hopes of as either a tall marking mobile forward or as a midfielder (maybe also some run with roles).

music to my ears, I'm glad we're both on the same page...

In Millers case, the players told him they like him playing with more agression, not to handball so quickly every time he marks and to learn how to kick the ball properly, all of which he has been working on in the preseason.

DB said to expect Miller to be more agressive (circa 2006), to be kicking more often, longer and better.

this is great news, if he can improve these areas of his game he will be a much better player...

Apparently DB was relieved that Yze_magic has decided to stay on board with the MFC and considered it the most important signing of the modern era

Appreciate the report Haydo. Very informative.

Just on the issue of whether conversations from functions like this should be disclosed, I think it is fair to say that Bailey, Connolly, and the rest of the coaching staff would not be naive enough to think that what they say is in the strictest confidence. They are, after all, saying these things to people who are basically strangers and whose only connection is that they paid the admission price.

Including media. Its on the public record.

There was nothing alarming in what has been reported.

DB and CC would not divulge such secrets.

dean bailey is doing evrything right!! its the players that need to pull there fingers out of there ass!

i agree, and i think not only does he talk the talk, but he is actually walking the walk at trainings...i have heard from an inside source (I'm so sorry, I thought I would never say this, especially after the Ju$$ crap, im sorry, please forgive me, but i actually do know somebody that is new to the club) that he is very impressive at training and is very very fair.

I think it is an solid roll out given the circumstances.

Id agree completely.. A lot of people have lots of other things to do id suggest !!

Said the playing group sit down and they analyse each players strengths, weakness and opportunities one at a time, while the player is out of the room, then they bring the player back in and his peers then tell him how it is.

I've never heard of a SWOT analysis (well SWO :lol: ) being done on a person before!

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a really good function to attend, pity they didn't schedule it for Friday. I could have called in sick and skipped work ;)

Guest Schtacker
Kit...exactly !!

Yes and they also very aware there is a massive chance what they say will be aired online... I'd bet my house they read these sites from time to time just to see what's being said... in fact I have heard things said in the media before that made me very suspicious about whether a certain coach may have been reading demonology

Guest Schtacker
Brave Lad...you have been assigned the # 38 Guernsey and will be playing first ruck

And do we all know what is significant about the number 38? Matty Whelan has retained his #45, and there are 44 on the list. They have plugged all the remaining gaps in the wake of the trading/recruiting period and 38 is the only un-assigned number up to 45... personally I reckon Wheels should have taken 38 just so it could be a perfect list!

I was there and really enjoyed it. Most of what was said has been written here. DB also said Aussie W has heaps of potential and will play round one if he gets a spot on the list. Said Cale Morton would play at least in the first half of the season as he could adapt despite his slight body size. Said McNamara was a Rivers type -which is a big wrap considering his age.

Said Rivers, Whelan, Bartram and Wheatley would not be rushed in as it would risk further injury.

The event was organized by past players and was the first one. There would be 4 more this year.

Just need to polish the organisation up a little eg, presenter to name those past players present. etc.

CC was very humorous and presented very well.

DB is BIG on leadership and behaviour. I was impressed.

I reckon these will turn out to be big events.

gee wiz all sounds very promising for the long term. Will be intruiged to see if he can get the players or we have the players that can implement his ball speed game plan towards the later part of the season. Hoping that will be the case and myabe we can slip into the 8.

It is nice to get the information on the initial practice matches and player availabilty.

I'm liking the way BD is going about thigns and obviouslt the players have taken it onboard with the playing group finally trying to take responsibitly for dishing out punishements for indiscretions.

Ingo and A Mac looking to get past players up is great to hear. I played footy against A Mc 2 yeras ago and gee wiz he is still very very fit.

bring on round one I'm jumping out of my skin now to see us run out!!!!!