" HOT "... Robbo

True Believer

WOW.... Robbo was as HOT AS HELL on It Takes Two. OMG .... only in his white underwear and shirt.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the votes going. His charity is Broadbridge Foundation....a very worthy cause.

191977...Russell Vote now and often.

Finished 3rd with 33 points. Winner had 35, 2nd had 34.

Robbo scored with the ladies!! Was a brave effort. Wud luv to see how the boys treat him at training this week!

As with all these sort of competitions the best singers or performers dont necessarily win So all Robbo and Demon fans need to support him by voting each week as he and Kate Cebrano will be assumed to be going thru every week.

I would have thought a solid pre-season would not have allowed the time to dedicate to this show - Particularly when he should be trying to prove himself to the new coach.

He should be focusing all efforts to his day job.

2008 prediction - Robertson dropped due to lack of form (Hope he proves me wrong)

Rubbish on every level.

If Robbo has poor form this year it won't have anything to do with his appearance on this show.

Rubbish on every level.

If Robbo has poor form this year it won't have anything to do with his appearance on this show.

Nasher, I Agree - "It Takes Two" is rubbish on every level.

I also agree that Robbo's best days are behind him on field and that there are numerous reasons why a player may have a poor year.

However, it would be interesting to compare how well players heavily involved with media committments have performed around those times:

ie.

Was it Brodie Holland who went on that dancing with the stars show? Anyone know how he performed on field around and after that time?

Others to consider are Fevola and Crawford while on the Footy Show week in week out (although that would require minimal to zero rehearsal and preparation), how did they perform around then?

I also agree that Robbo's best days are behind him on field and that there are numerous reasons why a player may have a poor year.

However, it would be interesting to compare how well players heavily involved with media committments have performed around those times:

ie.

Was it Brodie Holland who went on that dancing with the stars show? Anyone know how he performed on field around and after that time?

Others to consider are Fevola and Crawford while on the Footy Show week in week out (although that would require minimal to zero rehearsal and preparation), how did they perform around then?

I'm not sure I agree with you furious. When it comes to focus is quality that matters. Being engaged in "healthy" non-footy activities can probably help a player more then hinder. Robbo could "sing underwater with a mouthfull of marbles", its that easy for him so I can't see it being a big issue. I'd be more worried of he was on dancing with the stars because this would require a lot more time and physical exhertion.

or put is this way...I'm far more concerned about his knees then his tonsils!

Can you add the vid from last night when appears on youtube please MFC4Life 'cos that's the one we were commenting on - was Risky Business movie. (so is week 3).

ie.

Brodie Holland was on Dancing with the stars in 2005, the year when he was runner-up to James Clement for the Copeland trophy. I take it that's their best and fairest?

It takes two isnt my genre.. watch it if its yours.

I also couldnt really care what he does in his off time. Having said that there is only one song I want to hear him singing..

It's a grand ol'......... :)

ie.

The show does not and will not interfere with his training or playing schedule. To suggest otherwise is just stupid.

Since when are players not allowed to do anything other than play/train/recover?

If he was doing a private gig every week (which he used to), would that have bothered you? Or is it just the great publicity he is bringing to the club that is your issue?

If Robbo has a poor year it will most likely be a result of injury, possibly a drop in form, but it certainly won't have anything to do with the few hours he dedicates to the show.

At least he is filling up his spare time doing something positive (all the voting money goes to charity). You don't want to know what most footballers do when they are not training or playing :rolleyes:

Btw, do you not think that Robbo would have got the club's permission before putting his hand up for the show?

Guest MFC4Life
You don't want to know what most footballers do when they are not training or playing :rolleyes:

It's truly frightening. Some players literally do NOTHING. TJ and Wizard used to play pinball all day for years.

The show does not and will not interfere with his training or playing schedule. To suggest otherwise is just stupid.

Since when are players not allowed to do anything other than play/train/recover?

If he was doing a private gig every week (which he used to), would that have bothered you? Or is it just the great publicity he is bringing to the club that is your issue?

If Robbo has a poor year it will most likely be a result of injury, possibly a drop in form, but it certainly won't have anything to do with the few hours he dedicates to the show.

At least he is filling up his spare time doing something positive (all the voting money goes to charity). You don't want to know what most footballers do when they are not training or playing :rolleyes:

Btw, do you not think that Robbo would have got the club's permission before putting his hand up for the show?

Jaded, You raise some good points, although I would appreciate you provide evidence contrary to what I have suggested rather than just branding it 'stupid'.

- Naturally players will have down time and time up there sleave to carry out other interests - Music, computer games, gambling etc. I have no problem with that. Looking at it from my perspective though, If I had to front up and sing on stage infront of the cameras and possibly hundreds viewers on a weekly basis, that would consume a fair bit of my week. Not just from practice, but from also being in the back of mind constantly. We are all different, so maybe Robbo does not get stressed by it.... But in my mind, it would be a massive distraction from my Primary Job. then again, I struggle to go out for a dinner during the week and have it not impact me in some way the following day at work.

- Agree it is Publicity for the Club, and for the lack of anything else I have seen - It can only be positive (It hurts to say that as I hate the show)

- Charity is positive and all in all it is better than him partying with Cousins.

I would still like to see if there are any trends with media committments and on field performance - Are there any examples where a player involved in the media has actually improved their on field performance?

I would still like to see if there are any trends with media committments and on field performance - Are there any examples where a player involved in the media has actually improved their on field performance?

Nobody is claiming that singing on national TV is going to improve his performance, but I certainly don't see how you can find the evidence to suggest that media commitments interfere with football.

If Robbo is passionate about music, which he is, and he wants to pursue it, which he does, than good on him for doing the show.

He isn't harming anyone, and until you can prove otherwise, he isn't harming his form either.

Also, I know you don't watch the show, however if you did you would realise that Robbo gets a lot less practice hours than most other contestants because his football commitments come first. I doubt he'll miss training or forget how to mark if he spend a few hours a week learning a song and performing it on TV.

You people actually watch this tripe?

Thank God my life will never be so bad that I have to watch crap like that to keep me entertained

Sorry its not up yet. So instead this I have posted a fantastic RR grab:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBaVCqQsCds&NR=1

Dont you just love Youtube comments....

atanjon

rusel robertson you are a good footballer but i go for melbourne but i change my team now it is adelaide but melbounre is steal good. have a great time buy

I'm off to work now so can someone please fill me in on how "hot" Robbo goes? Thanks.

Equal first again tonight, and straight through to next week.

Sang an Elton John classic and did a very good job.

Neita, Yze, Bruce and Rivers were in the audience cheering him on.

The good news is that Rivers is looking huge. The bad news is that the show is still horrendous :rolleyes::lol: